Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 209177 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #630 on: June 05, 2023, 05:34:21 am »

It's fine.
Putin's been the dog from that meme the entire war.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 05, 2023, 06:11:08 am »

I've been hearing reports that the Russian troops sent to guard the border have been breaking into and looting Russian homes in some of villages along the border.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 05, 2023, 09:15:12 am »

Russia, Belgorod: It's fine.

It is quite funny there. Looks like Russia is unwilling to divert substantial forces to guard the area. But RDK and the legion can't do a large offensive either. Few hundred men are not enough to take territory

An interesting option would be to add our Chechens (those who are citizens of the RF) to the mix but... Russian far rights and former Russian soldiers won't mix well with those guys
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 05, 2023, 10:03:43 pm »

Those bastards blew up the Nova Kakhova Dam...
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 05, 2023, 10:42:06 pm »

Why? Did Ukraine attempted anything? What would be the effects down stream? Also any chance of surprising advantages up stream?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 05, 2023, 10:56:00 pm »

Why? Did Ukraine attempted anything? What would be the effects down stream? Also any chance of surprising advantages up stream?

There were unconfirmed reports that we captured some islands downstream and it must be a pre-planned response to that.

I honestly don't care about military implications much right now... My mind is preoccupied with the humanitarian and ecological damage this will cause. Luckily Kherson is located on a high bank and won't be flooded that much but local villages... especially on the Russia-occupied side.

Also, I have no idea where Southern Ukraine will get water from

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 05, 2023, 11:23:08 pm »

There were unconfirmed reports that we captured some islands downstream and it must be a pre-planned response to that.
When? anything public?

Otherwise just the other week Ukraine claimed that Russia is planning to stage an accident at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, which would force an international involvement that would force hostilities to be stopped. Would a humanitarian crisis achieve the same goal? (iirc from last time this was succeed, it was said that it could affect Zaporizhzhia Nuclear power plant and have consequence for Crimea)

Military wise, this would prevent any invasion from Kherson and would reduce the front for Russia.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 11:27:21 pm by jipehog »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 06, 2023, 01:17:33 am »

This is a very dangerous escalation, I hope they can save the nuclear power plant upstream, and as many lives as possible. The only good outcome might be that Russia's allies might see it as a red line.

(Edited to make it clear I was referring to the nuclear power plant upstream, the hydroelectric plant is obviously beyond saving. )
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 03:31:47 am by Bralbaard »

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 06, 2023, 01:35:52 am »

Btw how certain are we that it was blown up?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 06, 2023, 02:25:02 am »

lots of misinformation being spread about that currently, varying from the obvious "Russia did it", "Ukraine did it" to apparently a lot of the "dam decided to give out on it's own"
Dams don't typically do that though, just think about how many major dams randomly do that in an average year. Not many, if any.
The timing of it, one day after the offensive has started would be ridiculous. I'm 100% certain this is deliberate misinformation being spammed to the internet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 06, 2023, 02:30:07 am »

Sounds like this is gonna be one of those things that takes a few days to find out the truth about.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 06, 2023, 02:36:41 am »

Dams don't typically do that though
Typically no but https://twitter.com/evanhill/status/1665915785707921408

personally, I blaming the invaders no matter what.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 06, 2023, 02:44:59 am »

This is a very dangerous escalation, I hope they can save the power plant and as many lives as possible. The only good outcome might be that Russia's allies might see it as a red line.

Nope. The power Station is gone

Quoting Ukrhydroenergo, our state-owned hydropower company

"Russian forces blew up the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant. As a result of the detonation of the engine room from the inside, the Kakhovka HPP was completely destroyed. The station cannot be restored."

The extent of damage is such that it couldn't be a natural failure caused by neglect or be a result of a Ukrainian strike, multiple sections of the dam are gone.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 06, 2023, 03:08:43 am »

This is a very dangerous escalation, I hope they can save the power plant and as many lives as possible. The only good outcome might be that Russia's allies might see it as a red line.

Nope. The power Station is gone

Quoting Ukrhydroenergo, our state-owned hydropower company

"Russian forces blew up the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant. As a result of the detonation of the engine room from the inside, the Kakhovka HPP was completely destroyed. The station cannot be restored."

The extent of damage is such that it couldn't be a natural failure caused by neglect or be a result of a Ukrainian strike, multiple sections of the dam are gone.

Ah sorry for that, I was talking about the nuclear power plant upstream, but that was indeed not clear, will edit the post for clarity.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 03:32:14 am by Bralbaard »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 06, 2023, 03:10:59 am »

Hope everyone gets evacuated before the water comes rushing. My mind can't even imagine that amount of water and what kind of an ecological and humanitarian disaster it'll cause.

Blowing up a dam is pretty much like using a WMD.

At least Zaporizhzhia shouldn't be at immediate risk, if Ukrainian and UN experts are to be trusted.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 159