Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 209107 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2023, 01:05:06 am »

Prigozin is gaging on this Ukranian phallus of doom tactic
That's a mental image I wasn't ready for.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 19, 2023, 06:49:59 am »

Hey, fellow Europeans reading this thread, did you know that a deadly radioactive cloud is coming to Europe after a Russian missile strike destroyed a stockpile of depleted Uranium shells? Now you know.  Russians said so!

(Sad part is that there are not an insignificant number of people in Europe who'll belive that)

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 19, 2023, 07:58:18 am »

Are the Russian propagandists claiming a Russian missile did it? That still seems like blackmail propaganda, more "stop supporting Ukraine or we will cause you harm" than "Ukraine not stopping the war will cause you harm" it would be if it was Ukrainian missiles.

Anyway, there was a fun article in the news the other day my parents showed me today:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #483 on: May 19, 2023, 08:18:27 am »

But depleted uranium is... Depleted...? I imagine you would suffer the effects of heavy metal poisoning long before you succumbed to any radioactivity related diseases if you breathed in a cloud of U-238. Though I suppose the distinction doesn't matter much when it's just not something you should breath in

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 19, 2023, 08:20:07 am »

Hey, fellow Europeans reading this thread, did you know that a deadly radioactive cloud is coming to Europe after a Russian missile strike destroyed a stockpile of depleted Uranium shells? Now you know.  Russians said so!
Sound like the usual Russian falsehood, part of an effort to distract from failures and reversal in Bakhmut with clickbait material.

Btw any thoughts on Russia lifting ban on direct flights to georgia and removal of visas ?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 19, 2023, 08:25:30 am »

I forgot to actually write it but for clarification the pictures above is about companies that've pulled out of Russia and the  imitations of them that is put up in response. Apparently, according to interviewed customers, o\\ and Stars Coffee are OK but Swede House just can't compete with the IKEA original

(The article might be slightly biased on that last one 😉)
Love, scriver~

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 19, 2023, 08:56:47 am »

Btw any thoughts on Russia lifting ban on direct flights to georgia and removal of visas ?

Rewarding the local pro-Russian government for help in circumventing sanctions.Not gonna end well. I have Ukraine 2010-2013 flashbacks with a declared course to the West and de-facto closeness with Russia. May end in a similar way.

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 19, 2023, 09:34:06 am »

... should make it easier to flee Russia.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2023, 10:10:27 am »

... should make it easier to flee Russia.

This is another danger. Georgia was blessed with having only a small Russian diaspora during USSR time which went even lower when they fled the local economical disaster in the early 1990s. Now they let all those fleeing mobilization in, let them get employed, buy property, etc. It is just a recipe for getting annexed by Russia later. Allowing any Russian diaspora when you are a small country bordering Russia is not wise.

IIRC, we are talking about ~100K Russian citizens who stayed there and they keep incoming. It is a lot for a 4M country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 19, 2023, 12:16:32 pm »

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/05/18/7402855/

Pentagon confirms that one Patriot system was lightly damaged in Ukrainian service and has been repaired.

I'm seeing sources elsewhere claiming the damage was self-inflicted - a rocket motor failed and a just-launched missile fell on the thing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 19, 2023, 06:49:57 pm »

Rewarding the local pro-Russian government for help in circumventing sanctions.Not gonna end well. I have Ukraine 2010-2013 flashbacks with a declared course to the West and de-facto closeness with Russia. May end in a similar way.
Lets hope so, certainly something to keep track of.

Otherwise some other though no directly related news: 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 20, 2023, 02:32:26 am »

It's starting to feel that this whole thing is gonna end with Russia turning into more China.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 20, 2023, 02:56:00 am »

It's starting to feel that this whole thing is gonna end with Russia turning into more China.

In the long run, China getting control (either directly or through very friendly new governments) over a huge chunk of Asian Russia is inevitable unless something really bad happens with China itself.

I also expect rapid and extensive Islamization in Russia. It is a matter of simple demographics. Not only local Muslims have higher birth rates, immigration from Central Asia will continue. Considering how malleable Russians are to even very basic propaganda, as soon as Islam will grow strong enough to get access to their state propaganda machine, we'll see millions of new converts.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 20, 2023, 03:04:25 am »

A few years until I can leave without education problems. If there is a Russian collapse before I am leaving immediately, fuck the education I guess.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 20, 2023, 03:22:31 am »

According to my sources, the last remaining chunk of Bakhmut is lost but with the way how offensive on the flanks proceeds, it may be temporary and the battle for Bakhmut most definitely is not over.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 159