Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 209321 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #810 on: June 23, 2023, 10:50:56 pm »

Boy it's going to be interesting to see what happens in the next 24 hours or so.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 23, 2023, 10:55:17 pm »

Prigozhin gets arrested and falls out of a window, probably.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 23, 2023, 10:56:07 pm »

Wouldn't be surprised if he resists to the death honestly. Seems preferable to being captured by Russia particularly in this situation.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 23, 2023, 11:08:39 pm »

Boy it's going to be interesting to see what happens in the next 24 hours or so.
Me rn

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 23, 2023, 11:37:53 pm »

There are unconfirmed reports of clashes in Rostov and shot down helicopters of the Russian army.

https://www.tiktok.com/@vonemka/video/7247999634835016986
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 11:54:06 pm by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 24, 2023, 12:11:01 am »

Dancing to some sick beats while my country is likely going to burn soon.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 24, 2023, 12:53:58 am »

I wonder if there are any nuclear silos near by.. Wagner as Nuclear power is not a good idea

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 24, 2023, 01:03:11 am »

Wanker Group

I'n drunk;

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 24, 2023, 01:05:18 am »

Russia's nuclear arsenal is at sea, in secure silos in the far East of the country, or (for the mobile units) secured by well-armed loyal troops. They have to be secured this way just to make sure they don't wind up on the international black market, something that Russia has good reason to be afraid of because nuclear weapons are extremely traceable. There's pretty much no real chance for Wagner to take any.

Nuclear weapons also aren't something you can fully get control of just by taking physical possession, even in the unlikely event they manage to get their hands on them. Anybody who's making warheads beyond extremely crude first-generation devices includes safeguards that will take considerable time to bypass. This is something that you pretty much have to do to prevent the things from going off by accident.

Whatever this is, nuclear forces aren't likely to come into it. Especially since Putin's been suspiciously silent the entire time, with only a probably pre-recorderd holiday video being released. That's very abnormal for a Strongman in these kinds of situations - Hitler was on the radio issuing orders and asserting control within six hours of being bombed when VALKYRIE went down.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 24, 2023, 01:37:16 am »

Double-posting, but Wagner claims to have taken Voronezh. That's halfway to Moscow from Rostov, and there's not that much between there and Moscow.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 24, 2023, 01:40:44 am »

Kyiv Moscow in 3 days

But I don't want this, I want a long, high-scoring match in which both teams will have fun. The possibility of a quick Wagner's victory worries me.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 24, 2023, 01:57:17 am »

Yeah I hope they slog it out because it means there's a chance at an actual third option showing up because let's be honest... we have an expression, ебала жаба гадюку. "The toad fucked the viper".
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 24, 2023, 02:18:35 am »

Your bets, ladies and gentlemen?

I expect Moscow to fall before Monday

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 24, 2023, 02:26:12 am »

Whoever wins, I predict one or both sides will forget they're not in Ukraine anymore and thus continue the indiscriminate attacks on civilians out of sheer force of habit.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 24, 2023, 02:36:06 am »

The best case scenario for everybody outside Russia is that neither Wagner or the Government Forces manage to win quickly. That would pretty much cut the frontline off entirely even if it didn't result in one side or the other trying to pull forces in from the front to handle the domestic war.

Inside Russia, a clean win for either side would save a lot of pain.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 159