Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 209276 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #795 on: June 23, 2023, 04:46:23 pm »

Edit : Belarusian dictator Lukashenko flees Minsk in plane

Wait, what?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #796 on: June 23, 2023, 04:48:39 pm »

Kadyrov is absolutely silent, I think he is waiting to see who is winning.
Honestly I think he's trying to learn how to lace his shoes.
His not blaming Putin is I think is him trying to be populist.
Yeah, the boyars are bad but the Tsar is good, the good old russian song and dance.
But yeah it's either that, or he is teleguided by Putin. Man I can't wait to see that situation develop
Wait, what?
Luka is reported to have boarded a plane at midnight and to have left the capitale.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 23, 2023, 05:00:24 pm »

Until more information is confirmed, I'm going to pessimistically assume it's a smokescreen. Perhaps they'll use the "chaos" to deny giving an order to blow up the nuclear power plant or the Kyiv dam.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 23, 2023, 05:09:51 pm »

Yeah I can't loose the feeling that it is too good to be true. The cynic in me worried that its ploy with some creative solution to get Russia out of its predicament.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 23, 2023, 05:28:11 pm »

It seems to be too much to be a bluff, and Russia's response is similar to how they address all internal dissent. Deny it's existence, and control the narrative.

I suspect Wagner/Prigozhin is pulling this out of desperation. There is probably some evidence they received that the Kremlin was looking to remove Prigozhin somehow, so they had to attack when their chance was the best.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 23, 2023, 05:29:17 pm »

I can't see this being some kind of cunning plan. The people in charge of Russia are deathly afraid of doing anything, anything, that makes them look weak. This makes the Russian government and Russia as a whole look very weak. They're also normally very sloppy with their staged provocations and propaganda. This time round I'm hearing about raids on Wagner offices in Russia, banning the reporting on any of his statements, actual deployments and roadblocks going up. All of this from a nation that couldn't stop Western powers running off to tell Ukraine what they were about to do every time they tried something before the people implementing it even received their orders. But this time they were able to coordinate a smokescreen of this size and complexity without being rumbled? No I'm convinced this is real. How effective it'll be I don't know. But I'm sure it's not an act.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 23, 2023, 05:31:46 pm »

Imagine how scared OMON is. They are used to beat peaceful protesters with zero resistance... Now they are on the streets of Moscow waiting for armed professional killers
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 23, 2023, 06:03:45 pm »

MOD just reported that OMON has destroyed 87k wagner fighters, 760 tanks and 100 stormshadows 

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 23, 2023, 06:13:05 pm »

2021: Russian army is 2nd in the world!
2022: Russian army is 2nd in Ukraine!
2023: Russian army is 2nd in Russia!
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 23, 2023, 06:16:09 pm »

MOD just reported that OMON has destroyed 87k wagner fighters, 760 tanks and 100 stormshadows
I never knew Wagner had Tanks, let alone that number.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 23, 2023, 07:13:15 pm »

Joking aside, according to my source they operated armor, artillery, helicopters and even planes (at some point). With more elite forces on the level of tier 1 operators than some Russian ones..  We are talking about a huge organization! Going by its claimed salaries etc its estimated they spend hundreds of millions $ just on salaries, and many times more for ammo, fuel etc supplies. And that just in Ukraine, reportedly they also operate in Africa..

It is a curious question who pays the bills.. is it just Prigozin or does have backers with deep pockets among the Siloviki.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:15:09 pm by jipehog »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 23, 2023, 07:25:55 pm »

I think the baseline scenario should he succeed, is complete pandemonium for a week in Russia until a new security apparatus can be installed to establish order.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #807 on: June 23, 2023, 08:23:49 pm »

It is a curious question who pays the bills.. is it just Prigozin or does have backers with deep pockets among the Siloviki.
Prigozhin has a lot of very rich friends. He's an oligarch, and his business has a lot of clients. Tho it's pretty clear part of their stipend comes from the State - but here's the catch : his clients are interested in taking over the State too.
I never knew Wagner had Tanks, let alone that number.
Lol Wagner has an airforce, tanks are nothing. They are a professional army. Not on the US level (when they tried to fight the US in a covert operation in Syria they got their butt handed to them) but it is by far the most experienced currently active russian formation, outperforming the VDV by far.

Speaking about the musician, they are currently in Rostov-On-Don. If they take the oblast, they will control the supply route of the whole army.

Whatever happens now it is looking good. Even if Prigozhin fails, get captured and Wagner is dismantled, the balance on the front will change in favor of the UA. Even if, in the best case scenario, it was just a big troll (which it pretty much cannot be anymore at this point) demoralization of RU soldiers would have had an effect in the mist of Ukrainian counter attack.

Either way it is going, this is very very very good.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 08:29:52 pm by Cathar »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 23, 2023, 08:57:54 pm »

Invade us from the west,  Freedom-of-Russia-Legion-daddy. 😳
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 23, 2023, 09:22:42 pm »

The dumbest fucking thing is that in my setting's timeline (finalized during mid-2022), Russia would have a civil war in September 2023.

Now there's one in fucking June. I'm like the modern Nostradamus (because I also predicted "pseudosapient AI").

I can only hope for actual rebels to crop up amid the chaos.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 159