Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 208625 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #345 on: May 05, 2023, 02:17:48 am »

So, Prigozhin released an interesting video: In front of a pile of fresh Wagner corpses he, using the best examples of Russian swearing,  yells at Shoigu and Gerasimov demanding shells. Curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvFrWtLN5Q8 - Here, one with English subtitles (GRAPHIC!!)
I wonder how much longer until Wagner says fuck you and disbands itself. That, or Wagner says fuck you and starts a military coup.
Given how many of them have died recently, I figure they'll all die before they can do ether of those things.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 05, 2023, 02:58:47 am »

Note that he is outright lying about the lack of shells. Bakhmut (10-20% of what is under Ukrainian control) is pounded with a tremendous amount of munitions and there is no decrease in intensity.

Why is he doing that? I really don't know. Perhaps shifting the blame from himself and getting political points.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 05, 2023, 03:41:38 am »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65493008
Wagner boss says he will pull troops out of Bakhmut
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 05, 2023, 04:01:08 am »

Note that he is outright lying about the lack of shells. Bakhmut (10-20% of what is under Ukrainian control) is pounded with a tremendous amount of munitions and there is no decrease in intensity.

Why is he doing that? I really don't know. Perhaps shifting the blame from himself and getting political points.
Its all politics. I mean its transparent he doesnt really give a shit about his dead prison constripts. He's just jockeying for power with Shoigu. Possibly shifting blame too.
Its also clear that since Vlad is staying quiet over this he's probably OK with his subordinates clawing at each other. In his mind it probably makes him feel safer: as long as they are making power plays against each other they are not making power plays against him
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 04:02:56 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2023, 09:34:44 pm »

The retarded buttfuckerussians attacked a convoy that was evacuating civilians from Bachmut. An elderly woman was killed. The other 4 evacuees escaped unharmed. According to the police, the 5 evacuees had been stuck in a basement shelter for well over a month, and they ran out of food. The army then decided to evacuate them.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 09:36:58 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 06, 2023, 01:39:02 am »

Not the first time they've blown up civilians, and it probably won't be the last time we hear of such a thing happening.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 06, 2023, 05:03:48 am »

I should note the theoretical withdraw from Bakhmut by Wagner is conjectured as being untrue in some articles I've read. The articles say for example that Wagner is pulling out of some other places and is currently reinforcing Bakhmut. In addition Kadyrov has said he may move to replace Wagner with Kadyrovites in Bakhmut should it be more than misinformation fwiw.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 06, 2023, 07:17:27 am »

Some pro-Putin writer and politician was the target of a car bombing. Forgot his name, but he lived with severe injuries but the driver was killed. L, hope they try again.

Also, I have heard rumors that Victory Day parades in several cities have been cancelled due to the risk of a terrorist attack. Dunno if the Moscow one will happen. Hoping that a bombing happens or a truck gets rammed through the parade or something, would be nice on live TV. Sorry but this government has tainted that day and anything that humiliates it would be good.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 07:26:01 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 06, 2023, 08:38:35 am »

Zakhar Prilepin, writer and rapper, is not really pro Putin but he is ultra nationalist and pro invasion of Ukraine. He has criticized the army for not being succesful and has criticized Putin telling him that he needs to step down. So yes, he is an asshole, yes I hope they try again, but no, he's not really pro-Putin.

The bomb could again have come from anyone.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 08:40:41 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 06, 2023, 09:45:14 am »

Dunno if the Moscow one will happen. Hoping that a bombing happens or a truck gets rammed through the parade or something, would be nice on live TV. Sorry but this government has tainted that day and anything that humiliates it would be good.

There is a $0.5 million bounty for anyone who will land a drone on the Red Square on May 9. I'll laugh so hard if anyone will manage to do it.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 06, 2023, 12:20:59 pm »

Zakhar Prilepin, writer and rapper, is not really pro Putin but he is ultra nationalist and pro invasion of Ukraine. He has criticized the army for not being succesful and has criticized Putin telling him that he needs to step down. So yes, he is an asshole, yes I hope they try again, but no, he's not really pro-Putin.

The bomb could again have come from anyone.
Hm, then I want him alive. Anyone that calls for Putin to resign is a hero.
And it was probably the FSB. Other vocal critics of Putin took flying lessons, or died in locked rooms.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 06, 2023, 12:26:21 pm »

Except Girkin (and some of his pals). Who's eeeeex?-FSB.
Nothing is simple in bearland.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 06, 2023, 12:49:14 pm »

Heh, no. There's also those that are just as bad or worse than Putin. This guy would probably be worse than Putin when put in charge of Russia. No hero material.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 06, 2023, 04:24:02 pm »

Heh, no. There's also those that are just as bad or worse than Putin. This guy would probably be worse than Putin when put in charge of Russia. No hero material.
Uh, that ain't what I said. I don't want him running Russia, I just want another loud voice calling for Putin to step down. Enemy of my Enemy is my friend.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 06, 2023, 07:11:14 pm »

Squabbling fascists who can only agree on bombing civilians but disagree over how to do it or who gets to take the credit are fascists nonetheless.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 159