Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 208611 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2023, 04:47:29 pm »

I don't see how the song funky town can be anywhere near that level of awful.

Bless your heart.

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 16, 2023, 11:17:42 am »

Pro-Russian forces (trained and supplied by Wagner in exchange for Gold for Prigozhin) are trying to overthrow the Sudanese government in what looks like a civil war.

Russia is a cancer tumor on the face of the planet, should it disappear the world will be so much better everywhere. From Europe where various neo-Nazi politicians get funding, to South America that will 'suddenly' have fewer problems with narcotics, to the Middle East which will have far fewer Muslim extremists, to... 
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2023, 02:47:07 am »

to South America that will 'suddenly' have fewer problems with narcotics, to the Middle East which will have far fewer Muslim extremists, to... 
I think it might be to late for removing Russia to have any effect on both of these.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2023, 03:21:55 am »

to South America that will 'suddenly' have fewer problems with narcotics, to the Middle East which will have far fewer Muslim extremists, to... 
I think it might be to late for removing Russia to have any effect on both of these.

Well, magically removing Russia is impossible anyway. It is the emotional thread, remember?
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2023, 03:31:15 am »

Well, magically removing Russia is impossible anyway. It is the emotional thread, remember?
Oh I thought you meant like they lost the war, and had a massive change.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2023, 05:16:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 18, 2023, 02:12:54 am »

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/the-wagner-pmc-mercenaries-testified-about-war-crimes/

I heard worse than that but this time it starts to come in the linkable form. War crimes are hard to hide in 21th century

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2023, 07:39:06 am »

Former Russian officer and ardent nationalist Igor Girkin’s newly formed “Club of Angry Patriots” published its manifesto focused on protecting pro-war factions in the Kremlin from possible “sabotage” and “betrayal.” The “Club of Angry Patriots” published its manifesto on April 17 on its newly created Telegram channel, which emphasizes protecting pro-war factions in the Kremlin instead of efforts to win the war in Ukraine.[25] The manifesto claims that unspecified actors who remain in power in Russia have transferred their money and allegiance to the West and may be preparing for a coup and the ”dismemberment” of the Russia Federation. The manifesto likens the Kremlin‘s pro-war and anti-war factions to the fight between the Reds and Whites in the Russian Civil War following the Bolshevik revolution of 1917. The manifesto also claims that Russia is currently fighting the war in a mediocre way and is unable to defeat Ukraine in its current state. ISW previously assessed that Girkin and the “Club of Angry Patriots” may be attempting to advance the political goals of unnamed figures in Russian power structures who want to influence Putin’s decision making through public discourse.[26]

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-april-17-2023

Interesting.  Also in the never ending Russian publical political telenovela Prigozhin is seemingly regaining favor. I really want to know if its real or just way to deflect public attention from failures and those responsible. I haven't heard from someone serious about that arena in a while.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2023, 05:28:43 pm »

That is the guy whose daughter was murdered, right?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2023, 06:04:39 pm »

No. That was Dugin
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2023, 06:11:18 pm »

Girkin is the FSB militia commander, the MH-17 guy. Dugin is the weirdo panslavic von Daniken analogue.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 18, 2023, 07:29:54 pm »

Well he's right... but who's red and who's white here? Hint: the reds aren't the pan-Slavist economic libs and social reactionaries.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2023, 12:31:39 am »

That is the guy whose daughter was murdered, right?
Girkin is former Russian officer and ardent nationalist, who played a key role in Russian annexation of Crimean and the Donbas since 2014, who is now a prominent pro-war milblogger and has been often quoted in westren media over his strong criticism of Russian strategy in Ukraine.

Prigozhin is a Russian oligarch, the head of wagner group, which seemingly replaced the kadyrov chechens as the blunt tool of the Russian army. Also a pro-War figure and notable critic of Russian strategy. Recently he was in the headlines over due to the public spat with Russian Defense ministry over Bakhmut offensive where wagner is taking the lead, the bombing which killed pro-war millbloger he sponsored in his restaurant, and some claims that he might challenge Putin fore presidency in 2024.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 19, 2023, 10:04:17 am »

2024 election. That’s certainly going to be an interesting time. I wonder what would happen if all of the people in charge of rigging it decide not to do their jobs anymore.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2023, 11:58:39 am »

Meanwhile, in Ukrainian social networks, there is a video of Russians beheading a POW with a knife. (No, I didn't watch. I value my sanity)
As an antidote for inhumanity here's a video of Ukrainians building a checkpoint for cats

I also still can't get over the fact that the USA leaks were not Russian spies or American disinfo. It was just some young lad trying to win an argument for a minecraft server
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 159