Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 212784 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #1725 on: January 24, 2024, 09:58:50 pm »

This short video gives a good breakdown of why that plane probably had no prisoners and no s-300 missiles on it.
Quote from: Top comment by author on video
new update: Some of the names on the passenger list have been confirmed as already swapped on January 3rd.
::) Yeah, just Russia being liars like usual.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 25, 2024, 01:48:06 am »

Seems like anytime Russia says anything like this it's a lie, not sure why they think anyone will believe them when they try shit like this after all this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 25, 2024, 04:28:50 am »

It’s to make people second-guess themselves. Time taken to double check something or otherwise verify something is time that isn’t spent killing Russians.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 25, 2024, 04:36:18 am »

Seems like anytime Russia says anything like this it's a lie, not sure why they think anyone will believe them when they try shit like this after all this.

At the very least, Russians in social networks are writing "ha-ha-ha, stupid Ukrainians killed their own Azov Nazies" instead of "why the hell we lost another aircraft?"
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 25, 2024, 09:15:47 am »

Most people are sheep and don't even fact-check.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 25, 2024, 12:34:06 pm »

It is also not in their interest to fact-check...

If they are a part of a group and do not feel it is safe to separate from the group, they will accept information as something they are expected to believe to maintain their position within that hierarchical group.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 25, 2024, 12:38:47 pm »

Its not like anyone is in a position to factcheck any of this tbh
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 25, 2024, 03:13:49 pm »

I find it increasingly amazing that (so far as I've seen, without going out to look for it, but trusting that it'd filter itself out to media regardless) there has not been any sort of proof/'proof' of what was found at the crash site.

If it supported Russia's position, they'd happily do so. If it didn't, they'd happily fudge something that apparently does.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 25, 2024, 05:22:37 pm »

"Ukraine is buried in its lies regarding the Il-76 disaster," Permanent Representative of Russia Dmitry Polyanskiy said at a UN Security Council meeting.

He furthermore said that the US and Germany will be accomplices if it is proven that a Patriot or IRIS-T was used. He said Russia is 'outraged' that international organizations refused to condemn the crash while also stating that 'Russia will do everything to ensure that all those responsible for the crash of the Il-76 are held accountable.'

Russia is playing some bizarre and morbid game of lies. Not only the route of the IL-76 makes no sense if it was loaded with POWs, If there were any corpses of Ukrainian POWs on the crash site they would show them already. I am really afraid that they will produce corpses via other means to keep this game going.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 25, 2024, 05:55:38 pm »

Russia typically doesn't stick with one story very long. They're lousy liars in that they can't keep their stories internally consistent.
They probably won't even bother bolstering this story with any new information, true or fake.

But it makes sense: Everyone in Russian Government lives in a reality where their word is law, and the word of the person over them is also law. They don't have accountability, and they never have to prove anything to anyone.

Most US news sources will either report the official position of the Russians or the Ukrainians as fact, only changing their reporting when some outside party brings new facts to their attention.

Republicans will mostly report this story as fact. Democrats will disassemble, disprove, and ignore it.  Some brave soul will probably get at the Truth, but be quickly buried under a wave of Tomorrow's Important News.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 25, 2024, 05:58:32 pm »

"Ukraine is buried in its lies regarding the Il-76 disaster," ...
*cough*MH-17*cough*

Almost laughable.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: January 26, 2024, 01:31:15 am »

Putting aside the specific of what Russia said, they seem intent on making this into something other than a "planes get shot down in war" event... Maybe they just did a PR campaign about new defenses installed near Belgorod and how much safer it would be.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 31, 2024, 01:13:52 pm »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: January 31, 2024, 01:30:50 pm »

Is there a reason why the ICJ is so hesitant to make rulings? Do they impose an extremely strong burden of poof or are they afraid of angering Russia? Or are they afraid that if they accuse a country of extreme violations and nothing gets done about it, they'll look like a joke?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 31, 2024, 02:35:04 pm »

For what it's worth, the ICJ did make rulings, just... not very helpful ones, especially so far as Ukraine's side of thing is concerned. That link summation is kinda' wrong (among other things, there was multiple cases involved, one of which Ukraine won at least partially, and more coming), though the article it links to is more clear.

... as for why it might be hesitant to make rulings, particularly ones favorable to countries in situations like Ukraine, though, well. Look at its current members and take two guesses. It's not exactly going to be a neutral ruling body, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 159