Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 210684 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #1305 on: August 23, 2023, 12:49:21 pm »

Well, he was on the list of passengers. It doesn't guarantee that he was on board. But it is very probable.

BTW, it may not be Putin's order but a plain, simple revenge from someone in the Russian Air Force.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 12:51:21 pm by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 23, 2023, 01:00:08 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if some Russian Air Force pilot was looking for revenge, but the quick media response tastes like a pre-planned event to me. As if they had the story ready before the plane went down.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 23, 2023, 01:24:33 pm »

I mean, one of the things folks seem to be noting is the region in question had one of putin's mansions or whatever in it... and it had AA defenses. It's apparently a possibility putin basically personally had the man knocked out the air with a SAM hit, heh.

'Bout the only thing surprising about it is how blatant it was, and that it took this long to happen, though...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 23, 2023, 02:13:46 pm »

It coincides rather well with the official replacement of Sergej Surovikin as head of the aerospace forces just yesterday.
He was accused of treason and has not seen or heard from again since the Wagner mutiny.

I wonder what will become of all those Wagner troops in Africa if their leader and sponsor is gone.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:15:23 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 23, 2023, 02:19:08 pm »

Looks like both Prigozhin and Utkin, Wagner's second in command are dead. They are were morons flying in the same plane like that
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 23, 2023, 02:28:42 pm »

Another plane owned by Prigozhin just landed in Moscow's Ofstayevo business airport.
It turned around after taking off from Moscow as well.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 23, 2023, 02:40:33 pm »

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1694401008326123679

New York Post chooses... hm... interesting words.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 23, 2023, 03:34:43 pm »

Note that New York Post is a conservative gossip / entertainment tabloid in no way affiliated with or comparable with an actual newspaper like the New York Times.

I think Washington has a equivalent, where the Washington Post is the actual newspaper, and the Washington Times is the tabloid haha

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 23, 2023, 10:48:37 pm »

I am disappointed that there is no "If you are watching this it means I am dead" video from Prigozhin(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 23, 2023, 11:21:23 pm »

I mean, with as remarkably stupid as the man proved to be, it wouldn't be surprising if the guy hadn't set up any kind of dead man's switch of that nature.

Reality doesn't have to write its characters with an eye for verisimilitude or competence... in some ways it's for the better, probably, but on the other hand it makes a lot of things much more banal than they could be.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 24, 2023, 12:55:43 am »

His dead man switch could be Russia losing all influence in Africa, as Wagner troops join whichever islamic terror group pays better.

Edit: some Wagner Telegram channels are already considering annother armed march on Moscow, full aware that stopping halfway is not an option.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 01:03:11 am by martinuzz »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 24, 2023, 02:31:07 am »

His dead man switch could be Russia losing all influence in Africa, as Wagner troops join whichever islamic terror group pays better.

Edit: some Wagner Telegram channels are already considering annother armed march on Moscow, full aware that stopping halfway is not an option.

They have no more heavy weaponry, top 2 and several other members of their leadership dead, there is no surprise factor.

Don't count on it.

Most likely fate of Wagner mercenaries is being absorbed by various other Russian PMC. Mercs are mercs

Ganondworf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 24, 2023, 02:46:35 am »

I can't believe how stupid Prigozhin was, if this story is anywhere near true. I mean, to do all the stuff he did in the past he did not have to be highly intelligent, but I always thought him to be quite cunning.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 24, 2023, 02:52:18 am »

He’s been criticizing military leadership in a country known for military “mishaps”, as well as high profile people falling out of windows.

Whatever goodwill he has with Putin ended after his… I don’t even think you can call fit a rebellion. Anyone wanting him out of the way this has tacit approval to accidentally shoot down his plane.

I don’t think I’m alone in wondering what actually took it so long.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 159