Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: UnChartedX's Granite Vases; What would have happened to that Civilization?  (Read 1198 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAyQQRNoQaE&ab_channel=UnchartedX

If this is real, what happened to this civ? I don't think any ancient disaster theory can just wipe a civilization of that level of advancement off the map. Even if the technology was limited to some secretive priest class or something, which I doubt.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They simply used the same trick as cooking shows, they prepared that beforehand.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If this is real, what happened to this civ?
Aliens.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

I uiuronically agree. The subsequent events don't seem human driven. No advanced civ would willingly leave the planet.
Reading a thinner book

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh UnChartedX. Yeah, he's not exactly someone I would consider very credible.
I uiuronically agree. The subsequent events don't seem human driven. No advanced civ would willingly leave the planet.
May I posit a simpler explanation; you and many other people misunderstand the effectiveness of old techniques and technologies and instead seek fantastical explanations for things we already know the answers for. I know the simpler explanations are boring and the idea of ancient advanced civilizations has a bit of zest to it. But that doesn't make it true. If it was true there'd be significantly more evidence for it than some precise pots.

Here's a video of a pot being made with primitive tools.
Here's a video of a person debunking UnChartedX's stuff about percision stone pots

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

There's enough back and forth between the two viewpoints that I don't know where to concretely stand. There's more then pots being put forward.

My position can be summed up as thus; given we now accept the future is crazy, taking as read that the past is entirely sane is questionable.
Reading a thinner book

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The aliens did everything and humans are to stupid to do anything on their own is a stupid theory and I'm not sure why people believe it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

Different from my point.
Reading a thinner book

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

The aliens did everything and humans are to stupid to do anything on their own is a stupid theory and I'm not sure why people believe it.
Y'know its really strange how the aliens only came and helped non-european civs.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Y'know its really strange how the aliens only came and helped non-european civs.

Uhm, remember the Asgardians?
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Different from my point.
And what is it like from your point of view?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

Fucking read man. It's all right there.
Reading a thinner book

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've read the thread and I saw nothing, did I miss it or is it somewhere else?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He means this;
My position can be summed up as thus; given we now accept the future is crazy, taking as read that the past is entirely sane is questionable.
Which he seems to somehow think is a good point.

Look Scoops first off there are many words I'd use to describe the past. Sane is not one of them. It contains every impulsive decision ever made, every ill-conceived notion ever concocted and every wild coincidence. Saying the past was sane tells me you are no student of history. The word I think you're looking for is mundane. Everyone is very, very used to the past. You know it's been the same past for their entire lives? The past is very dull, there's nothing new in the past. The future is new and exciting and crazy and different. But it always is. The past will always be mundane. At any point in history the past was mundane and the future crazy. Could you imagine showing a Mongol horse archer the first aircraft? How about taking the earliest farmers on a tour of Rome at the height of the Roman Empire's power? They'd say it was crazy.

It won't be long before our crazy future becomes a turbulent present and then a mundane past. Then some people tired of their dull pasts will invent fantastical elements to insert into them because what is to be our crazy future will not have enough flavour for them. All while they'll be talking about how crazy the future's going to be.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But what does that have to do with aliens, since that was what started the exchange.
Pages: [1] 2