Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Rise of the Mighty  (Read 2414 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mighty
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2023, 07:34:18 pm »

With a rattling gasp, the embattled man drops the golden coin thoughtlessly, letting it thud into the wood of the dock.
With a cry he tries to grab it again, but his comrades grab him and drag him away from the coin despite his protests. Peering closer at the coin, it’s luster seems colder, shriller in the light of the afternoon sun. A grinning skull leers up at you.

“We found it on a smuggling ship we found beached from a storm. It was in a special box, Tomas opens it up and touches it and. . . he got like that.” One of the pirates chims in.
“Coin’s yours, if you want it. Don’t blame if you don’t want nothing to do with it either. Also, do you think you can help him at all, or do you think time away from that coin will do Tomas some good?”
"I don't think I have a clue! I hoped it would help, but I don't know much about curses. You should ask, hmm... the lightning guy seems like he might know. You could leave the man with us and we'll do our best to cure him, if you prefer.

As for the coin... maybe it will come in handy, somehow." Rama carefully pins the coin down with his boot, as if expecting it to make an escape, and looks around for something to scoop it up with.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2023, 11:29:11 am »

"I don't think I have a clue! I hoped it would help, but I don't know much about curses. You should ask, hmm... the lightning guy seems like he might know. You could leave the man with us and we'll do our best to cure him, if you prefer.

As for the coin... maybe it will come in handy, somehow." Rama carefully pins the coin down with his boot, as if expecting it to make an escape, and looks around for something to scoop it up with.

One of the pirates nods and walks off to the “lightning guy” you had pointed out, taking Tomas with them. With a bit of a stretch you are able to snag a bit of net in which to scoop the coin up.

Arvegil sees the pirates approach, carrying a bear comprise man between them.
“This man, Tomas, was cursed by a coin he took. The Mighty over there was able to get him to release the coin, but he’s still acting like this. Anything we can do for him?”

Spoiler: Study Roll (click to show/hide)

Taking a moment to focus your sorcery aspect, you can see a magical thread connecting the man to the coin. Unfortunately, nothing else about the thread tells you much about how long it might persist or the effects it might have.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2023, 09:58:05 pm »

Seeing the elders gathering for story time Dathuil takes a break from dancing with the women of the town to go listen.
A chance to hear the town's history and mythology was not to be passed up.

--- After the celebration---
It was good seeing the elders teach the children the village's traditions, but it wasn't enough.
Finding the best teachers in the town Dathuil began organizing a school where they could study all sorts of other subjects.

(1 dominion to create a school.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2023, 10:14:29 pm »

Cera-Sim enjoys the alcohol and songs, watching the sea and musing on a former life lost to her. A forgotten home.

This is her home town now.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2023, 10:51:35 pm »

(Scratch the ship, use Sword to train up the Passionate militia into fighting form.)

Seco claims a space around the bonfires, dazzling an audience with intricate displays of bladework and inviting onlookers to best him in mock duels.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2023, 11:02:39 pm »

Putting the coin away somewhere secret for later, Rama decides to relax by challenging random strangers to wrestling matches, then settles in to listen to story time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]