Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Noblerivers: A Dwarf Resort - Overseers Wanted  (Read 14904 times)

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noblerivers: A Dwarf Resort - Overseers Wanted
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2023, 10:23:49 am »

for now i'll just download the latest safe, it was yours, no?

Yep. Good luck.

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2023, 10:27:06 am »

YoloMesh signed up after TheDorfist, so it should be passed to YoloMesh next. I'll send them a message in case they weren't expecting their turn this soon.

By the way, I'm in the final week of the semester before summer break. Things are going a little nuts over on my end so I'll do my best to keep an eye on this thread, but don't be alarmed if an issue on here comes up and it takes me a while to resolve it. I'm not abandoning this project, I just might forget to check in between finishing homework and passing out immediately after. Once this week is up, I'll be able to engage with all of you more often

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2023, 04:09:41 pm »

YoloMesh signed up after TheDorfist, so it should be passed to YoloMesh next. I'll send them a message in case they weren't expecting their turn this soon.

I assumed Chax was YoloMesh.

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2023, 01:04:16 pm »

i'm not, lol.
so it's YoloMesh' turn, right? i've still got time? xD

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2023, 09:52:53 am »

i'm not, lol.
so it's YoloMesh' turn, right? i've still got time? xD
Again, sorry for not replying sooner. I'll message YoloMesh and see where they're at, but if I don't get a response soon I'll pass it over to chax.

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2023, 03:26:46 pm »

Haven't heard from YoloMesh yet, so I'm officially passing it over to Chax.

Baprr, should I add you to the list again?

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2023, 02:17:29 am »

Yes, please.

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 09, 2023, 12:11:06 pm »

Also, I have a question for those more experienced in succession games. Upon completion of someone's turn, how long should I wait for the person next in line to pick it up before skipping them and moving on to the person after them?

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2023, 02:02:13 pm »

Haven't heard from YoloMesh yet, so I'm officially passing it over to Chax.

on it

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2023, 07:17:11 pm »

progress sneak-peek :

early spring :

i thought we're at war with the elfses, but a diplo just came again? a different civ?
they placed a quota of 6 (friggin six) trees.
you know, normally i wouldn't care, but bruh, where are our trade goods? lol
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

aside from that, the fort is a mess (lol). and there are lots of instruments that will never see the light of day being crafted. and not even stored properly.

where's our main tavern anyway? :o

i have a project in mind, but will probably spend the whole spring (maybe summer too) cleaning up.

currently trying to come up with a way to catch our friendly webby forgotten beast :D

----

on the background side of things. i have picked a dorf for the roleplay. but he hasn't come of age yet (and kinda heavily injured, lol. poor kid). i'll just continue with the normal play for now and pick one randomly at a later date if the kiddo isn't grown by the end of my turn.

--------------------
edit:
couldn't really create a fancy contraption without things looking ugly, couldn't really dig a pitfall/ceiling drop either because you guys went all out with the digging already. so i decided to settle with basic hallway. lo and behold :

« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:40:20 am by Chax »

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2023, 01:53:17 am »

Careful with the doors, they might not be 100% secure. Galka is a beast

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2023, 02:58:00 am »

Careful with the doors, they might not be 100% secure. Galka is a beast

it's been walled off already. 100% safe :D
need to figure out a way to resupply bait, lol. it's kinda impromptu for now, but once set up (properly), we can have galka's silk forever.

my usual way of doing this is just put a temple zone in it. no baits needed at all. but if i do this, it would go against Nobleriver tm 's policy.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 03:01:24 am by Chax »

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2023, 04:30:17 am »

That's just a horror show. Or a pretty good zoo.

Noblerivers™! A thrilling adventure!

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2023, 03:22:48 pm »

sneak-peek, late spring - early summer :

i was patching ceiling leaks near our magma forge and opened access to the cavern by mistake. then a forgotten beast (see what i did there? heh) escaped my eyes and spooked one of our doctor. i thought Galka killed everything.
some gobbos also came to visit in the early summer, there aren't a lot of them though. they can't face the might of Nobleriver's milita anyway.

-------------------------
background notes :
++ looks like somebody forgot to turn off their civ cap setting. we shouldn't have this many citizen. i originally thought half of our 90+ was visitors, but nope, all civ. leaving their fate to @Inatun for now.

++ @Baprr what were you trying to do with the long hallway? nearly killed some dorf when i was trying to capture Galka, lol. for now i'm turning those into blueprint.

++ @Baprr also, your tree farm is a failure i think. it can produce some woods later, but we've breached 3rd layers already, meaning more colorful tree and less economic tree (less white caps <- they produce a lot).

++ we're officially out of logs in mid summer. i would cut more, but that would mean starting a war with the elves. we do have a breeding pair already, but Tigers need 3 years to mature. i'm thinking of halting the clear glass production for now. need more tigers. unless you guys vote otherwise ;) .... buuuuut, i did produce around 400 ish clear glass already. will be personally using most of them though.

++ my current focus is trying to repurpose the magma pool near our forge into a (fool-proof, and hopefully safe) obsidian casting area. i tapped into the nearby lake, looks like it's connected to the edge, so water is infinite. when that's done, i will probably destroy all the other cheap stones that aren't flux or doesn't have a pretty color. Obsidian FTW!!!

++ secondaary focus is breeding the giant tigers. so i'm eradicating all the other pets -save for a few breeding pairs that i've already caged safely- so somebody can still restart the breeding program when the need arise. i forgot to take a pic, but we have 3 tiger cubs already.

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2023, 01:44:49 am »

90 citizens and the long hallway were already there before me I don't know what to tell you. You can just wait a bit and overpopulation will probably fix itself.

And the tree farm would be decorative. Elves count underground trees too anyway, so with a cap of six it's better to pick the biggest trees available.

Clear glass is the height of luxury. I mean that's the point, but still...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15