Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Noblerivers: A Dwarf Resort - Overseers Wanted  (Read 14874 times)

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noblerivers: A Dwarf Resort - Overseers Wanted
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2023, 09:02:30 am »

90 citizens and the long hallway were already there before me I don't know what to tell you. You can just wait a bit and overpopulation will probably fix itself.
it's reaching 100 nearing the end of my turn. i've got some petition, lol.

And the tree farm would be decorative. Elves count underground trees too anyway, so with a cap of six it's better to pick the biggest trees available.
had to turn off the farmer guild zone a bit. messes with my schedule somehow, probably cause the farm plot is inside the guild  :P
Clear glass is the height of luxury. I mean that's the point, but still...
what about these?  8)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2023, 10:30:40 am »

Quote from: Baprr
And the tree farm would be decorative. Elves count underground trees too anyway, so with a cap of six it's better to pick the biggest trees available.
I believe Toady noted in a recent devlog(?) that he considers elves counting underground trees to be in the probable realm of bugginess. It was either a devlog or a FotF reply I can't remember which

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2023, 12:42:46 pm »

++ looks like somebody forgot to turn off their civ cap setting. we shouldn't have this many citizen. i originally thought half of our 90+ was visitors, but nope, all civ. leaving their fate to @Inatun for now.
It's possible to expel dwarves to your holdings, right? If so, I suggest that be the solution. Try and whittle it down as much as you can by sending away dwarves without particularly valuable skills.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2023, 02:35:15 pm »

our dwarves wearing Galka drip . height of dwarven tunnelwear

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2023, 04:39:18 pm »

++ looks like somebody forgot to turn off their civ cap setting. we shouldn't have this many citizen. i originally thought half of our 90+ was visitors, but nope, all civ. leaving their fate to @Inatun for now.
It's possible to expel dwarves to your holdings, right? If so, I suggest that be the solution. Try and whittle it down as much as you can by sending away dwarves without particularly valuable skills.
... oh, i forgot about this tamer solution. almost pressed the extinction bomb button.

our dwarves wearing Galka drip . height of dwarven tunnelwear

silky smooth socks  8)

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
progress sneak-peek : Autumn~Winter.

- i manged to drain the river. during mid autumn (started in early spring, but rain is a bitch)
- also salvaged the flooded room on the side, lol.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- the river is now channeled, roofed with clear glass and flooded back in by late winter.

... i thought it would be "see trough", but i was wrong. thinking of redoing the autumn save. i could use less glass blocks and leave the rest to whoever wants to use them after my turn.

- the obsidian casting had to be halted halfway. mainly because 2 more FB came wandering in. but there's also the fact that i'm pulling water from underground lake on the same level. the pressure is sad, lol. it's easier to do this with heavy aquifer.

to be fair, though, halfway isn't bad. with the lava we've casted, we could reliably produce 50 ish per month (100 or so per season, if we're a bit lazy) should be enough for most things.
--------------------------------------------
anyway, for the background notes :
i feel like i haven't done much of anything this playtrough. mainly because the whole fort is focused to produce hundreds of clothing piece. everything other than the Galka bussiness is progressing a tad bit slow  :-\

- i wanted to set up a dying factory. but didn't have the manpower (^ because of the above, lol). got the feeling if i had multitasked more, i wouldn't get anything done.

- but i did set up a honeycombs chamber. 40 of them. all have bees in it  ;)

- i also want to suggest a somewhat centralized meeting halls. we have a lot, but it's all over the place, lol. most dorf (if not, all) are feeling dejected cause they couldn't meet their family (the ones that have one anyway).

- i found an artifact pick. not sure if it's ours, and it should be the ones from the wilds but i didn't see any notification about it. bit weird. for now it's placed in a display case inside the miner's guild.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2023, 11:38:47 am »

i feel like i haven't done much of anything this playtrough.
b-but you drained the river. that's like, dwarfy as fuck

- i also want to suggest a somewhat centralized meeting halls. we have a lot, but it's all over the place, lol. most dorf (if not, all) are feeling dejected cause they couldn't meet their family (the ones that have one anyway).

i agree. noblerivers will likely suffer from insane sprawl unless we commit to one of the nexus points where hallways and staircases meet.

not that sprawl is bad, just for the sake of longevity!

i found an artifact pick. not sure if it's ours, and it should be the ones from the wilds but i didn't see any notification about it. bit weird. for now it's placed in a display case inside the miner's guild.

artifact picks should allow you to place terrain tiles, kind of like minecraft. why ? i dunno sounds fun

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2023, 03:08:26 am »

i wanted to set up a dying factory. but didn't have the manpower
Do you mean like, a suicide booth? To get rid of the extra dwarves?

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2023, 03:49:37 am »

i wanted to set up a dying factory. but didn't have the manpower
Do you mean like, a suicide booth? To get rid of the extra dwarves?

while that's an interesting proposal, i meant the dye for our silky textile industry  ;D
that was an unfortunate typo. heh

i feel like i haven't done much of anything this playtrough.
b-but you drained the river. that's like, dwarfy as fuck

this might sound like a brag, but all i did was install ( a lot of) pumps and let it flow. we do have wind after all.
walling off a waterfall is also easier than you might originally have thought. all that's needed was some hauler to construct wall/floor.

i did have to deal with 20 fps throughout spring~summer though. that's pain right there.

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2023, 12:27:15 pm »

Okay, it's been a while since Chax posted. I sent him a message a few days ago asking how he was doing, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm considering handing Baprr's save over to Parry at this point in order to continue. Thoughts?

Remember, I'm okay with you taking a little extra time on your turn, but you need to keep us updated on how things are going.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2023, 03:55:28 pm »

*poke poke* casts resurrection on thread

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2023, 08:33:11 am »

Okay, I've gotten in touch with Chax. He hasn't vanished on us, but is just currently out of internet range at the moment. We'll be hearing from him soon.

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2023, 12:42:38 am »

So, Chax posted this on Discord a few hours ago:
Quote from: Chax
truly sorry for this 😦
company bought a new farm. so i'm there for inspection and to settle things with the locals.
will probably stuck here for the next couple weeks.
i'm uploading my latest save. i didn't replay the winter save int he end. (wanted to remove the bridge from the rivers)
could you please notify the guys at the forum? i don't have the time to post my stuff
.... well, i have the time. just not the internet, lol. can't leave for long.
here's my safe https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16723
and this is my centerpiece :
https://discord.com/channels/1083155838505582642/1083155838505582645/1113315551771623455
(it's a weaving facility with several stockpiles, looms, and clothier's workshops arranged around Galka's prison and the central staircase)
summary of my play :
> spring : mostly cleaning muds ( carving tracks then smoothing it back ) and installing pumps to drain the rivers.

> summer ~ autumn : capturing Galka and focusing on massive production of clothing. (i think we have about 100 of every piece)

> autumn ~ winter : digging new area under the river and reflooding it. coz we're **Noblerivers** not *Nobleriver-banks* 😂
i'll try to post more details in the forum when i have better internet. will just put things here now to make the game continue.
again. i'm sorry xD

So we have the latest save, and can continue!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 12:47:33 am by Baprr »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2023, 01:49:56 am »

Just so you know, I can’t see any of Chax’s images.  In fact, I can’t see any images from Imgur.  I can see images from other places, just not Imgur…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2023, 02:35:46 am »

That might mean Imgur finally got around to deleting all that stuff like they said they were.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2023, 02:52:25 am »

That might mean Imgur finally got around to deleting all that stuff like they said they were.

Sauce?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15