Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Noblerivers: A Dwarf Resort - Overseers Wanted  (Read 15013 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Noblerivers: A Dwarf Resort - Overseers Wanted
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2023, 06:00:33 pm »

BURN THE SAVE WITH FIRE AND RESTART.

sorry for caps. but holy hell it is truly painful to search for bites in premium.

Complaints about an open plan hospital would make it easier for a werelizard to attack are noted but i must once again repeat that we have no such creatures within our fortress.

i suspect these early premium versions will go down in memory as "the were-pocalypse". Almost every successful fortress runs into weres and the resulting containment can be a genuine impossibility.

Its so bad, first time ive encounter it. Combat logs wiped quickly so im looking in the hospital. Wounded. Then realise i cannot seal the hospital fuck. But that wouldn't of helped either. Turns out some dwarven child was also bitten and just wondering around. Gonna try and salvage this save then failing that burning it and trying a redo.

Every bit visitor will enjoy a nice rest in their own masterfully crafted soft bed, and their own private wall, made only of the finest limestone blocks, along with a nice cask of Amon barley wine.
Residents are reminded to enjoy our monthly supply of lizard steaks. Pleasure queue up in the Kitchen to recieve this premium piece of meat. Free of charge ofcourse.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2023, 08:39:11 am »

Yeah, I'm gonna say go ahead and restart your turn. It's way too early for these types of shenanigans, especially if the effected dwarves have vital skills and the only other option is to expel them from the resort. You get the full amount of real-world time back to complete your turn.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2023, 09:55:41 am »

actually these shenanigans are right on time. year 3 is the classic "SHTF / derailment / mass casualty event" year. seriously, something always happens. and it's always a bloody mess

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2023, 10:56:58 am »

And we were accumulating wealth pretty fast, that always draws attention. Werebeasts are worse than most enemies, but not entirely unexpected.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2023, 12:09:31 pm »

here is the sped up version of my entire turn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrWiE0Qr_Z4

you can find the full vod on that channel as well.

i have to ask, did you engage the werelizard in combat? maybe when you restart you can bait the were into a trap or something.

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2023, 01:18:33 pm »

Yeah, what exactly was the source of the werelizard epidemic? Did it come from one of the migrants, or just a random visitor?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2023, 01:28:52 pm »

A visitor, they had already breached defences when they "revealed" themselves. The combat logs cleared for them after killing so hunting for bits was tough. One i knew was bitten. So i locked them away. Then a child was also bitten. Slain but created three more. Next full moon it was now 5. The current save has a pop of 18 i believe with 5 infected as werelizards.

Drunken scholar

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2023, 01:42:04 pm »

I'll be honest, I've never had to deal with a werebeast problem before. Given that we now have a sizable portion of the populace infected, what's the next step in terms of dealing with it?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2023, 01:59:55 pm »

Gonna play it out, see if it is can be salvaged.

If not Lizard cult resort?

Probs just redo the year.

Drunken scholar

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2023, 04:00:56 pm »

I'll be honest, I've never had to deal with a werebeast problem before. Given that we now have a sizable portion of the populace infected, what's the next step in terms of dealing with it?

The best way normally would be to wall one in and kill the rest. Werebeasts are pretty much immortal if left alone and can be used to keep the fortress alive even if all the dwarves die - you can't keep them together though, because they will eventually try to kill each other. Second best is kill everyone. What we have right now is "third best" aka "the worst".

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2023, 02:35:27 am »

As cool as lizard cult resort sounds I think it might be against the idea of the fort if the population eats all the visitors every month.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2023, 08:15:06 am »

i've only had problems with were-creature like twice so far. learned the hard way and started lining up hallways with traps ever since. and no matter how hard i tried to change that habit, i always seem to fall back into it in the end.

would really love it if you can persevere somehow. help me broaden my horizon, lol.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2023, 03:35:15 pm »

So another werebeast attack but an easier to manage on. Two deaths and one cursed. Expeled the new arrival cursed dwarf and we are golden. We survived the werebeast attack.

Edit - Great embark btw, Sapphires and Rubies. We are certainly gonna be spoiled for decor.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 04:08:56 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2023, 07:46:34 pm »

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16565

Here is the save.

Quick run down.

Werebeast, two dead and one banishment
New tavern still needs work called The Perfect Diamond
We are a barony now
We have an economically linked hamlet now
We have underwater viewing areas but we have some mud to clean up as a result of that. Good luck. Full post soon

Drunken scholar

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2023, 09:40:47 am »

Oh boy, is it my turn? I'm not at home right now, can maybe start playing tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15