Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gridhood: Crazyabe Edition [4/121][3/121] Cycle 1 Phase 2 [WARNING LARGE IMAGES]  (Read 1742 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

The world is in stillness.
Lifeless and boring.
The lord of Chaos and Order calls to the depths.
From the abyss begin the rise of so called gods.
False titans bearing strange wills from beings of the worlds beyond the void.
Change has come.
Yet change is not enough.
He gathers scraps of bones.
And the echoes of people who once were and will be.
And from these bits.
New peoples rise.

Uh what? ~ This is a Gridhood, Run by a guy who has on two seperate occasionally run games for a whole 3 turns! Yes that's a poor track record, but it's a Gridhood, its nearly impossible to screw up.
I mean What's a a Gridhood? ~ Please see one of the many examples of this sort of game as far back as 2018! now realize I'm not quite running a traditional one.

Spoiler: God Signup sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: God Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Civilization Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other notes and rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How the world Turns (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 09:57:54 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

DISREGARD THIS POST. (Decided not to play on turn 1)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 05:43:16 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

God Name: The Sleeper
Domains: Inaction, Rest, Cold
Text: Navy Teletype

The Sleeper does not do anything in particular, but some water freezes anyways.

Co-Ord: E1
Name: Lonely Sheets
Description: A thick layer of ice formed on top of the sea on the edge of the world. Still and barren, yet meager algae, krill, and fish exist below the ice.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 12:01:34 am by Egan_BW »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

God Name: Endless Dream of Void, or Edov for short.

Domains: Corruption, Fear, Pride.

Text: This.

Edov arises.

Co-ordinates: E10

Name: Pride’s Folly

Description: An island filled with many a resource. populated by many beasts to hunt and be hunted by. Shadows seem darker on this island, and aggressiveness is enhanced. Other then a few minor details, a pretty normal island.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Civilization Name: The Blubbocracy
Species Name: Selkies
Species Description: Seal-people, who love to eat fish and take regular naps
Species Boons: Great Swimmers, Thick Blubber
Species Bane: Sleepy
Start Tile: E1

S1lentWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • S1lently Wandering
    • View Profile

Civilization Name:  Snákavaengiri
Species Name:  Glide Vipers
Species Description: Snakes with strong wings, and dexterous arms. Three fingers and an opposable thumb on each hand enable these clever serpents to grasp and manipulate objects, while their wings grant them effortless flight along the many breezes of the world. Their cold-blooded nature requires that they must be active during the day, when the sun warms their skin and allows them to move. Their cold blood permeates through to their emotions as well, causing them to be cold and dispassionate towards others. Beware their venomous bite!
Species Boons: Flight, Venom   
Species Bane: Cold-blooded
Start Tile: G6
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 07:31:49 pm by S1lentWanderer »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Tribulation (click to show/hide)

Call into being the "Tumultuous Traverse" at G5.

"Tumultuous Traverse":
A golden sea of shifting dunes, whose sands go on to the horizon. All that live here are well-suited to handle the oppressive sun and howling winds that reshape the land beneath them. Those who are incapable of moving with the breeze crawl underneath the sands, in a system of caves flourishing with invertebrates and fungi.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

God Name:  The Green Muse
Domains:  Inspiration, Alcohol, Amusement
Text:  Lime green with blue glow

Create The Shifting Fields at I7.

The Shifting Fields”:

A wide valley with a stream running through it.  The plant-life is mostly herbaceous (including plentiful grains) with a few woody shrubs here and there.  Various animals graze and forage while fish swim in the stream, and  insects and birds flit about.The climate is temperate and there is usually a slight breeze causing the grains to dance about.  There is also always at least some sound emanating from the valley’s inhabitants and/or the stream.

Edit:

Accidentally hit post too soon…

Edit2:

Fixed some mistakes.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 04:37:24 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

OF THE DIVINE

The first to arrive was... wait? Where did they go? eh nevermind that one.
The second? to arrive was The Sleeper, a rather dull fellow, by their inaction, The Lonely Sheets formed far to the North.
The third was Endless Dream of Void, A deity with a rather pretentious name- who formed Pride's Folly to the south.
Fourth came Tribulation, who forged the Tumultuous Traverse just North east of the center of the world.
and Finally The Green Muse arrived upon the surface, and from their choice- The Shifting Fields was made.

MORTAL MATTERS

The first mortals upon the world were the Selkies, who formed The Blubbocracy in the midst of The Lonely Sheets.
The second mortals were the Errand of Mu, who formed a civilization of the same name at Pride's Folly- perhaps we shall see if this is their folly or not.
The final set of mortals Seem to have missed the mark, The Glide Vipers of Snákavaengiri ended up appearing within open ocean just south of the Tumultuous Traverse- yet they did not drown, for from the depths like an open wound came the land that would be declared Carociber, the Flesh Jungle.

Spoiler: Godly Status (click to show/hide)

Mortal Status

Spoiler: The Blubbocracy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Snákavaengiri (click to show/hide)

Tiles, New and Used
[tiles currently inaccessible to mortals will only be marked in their *first* turn until made accessible][Tiles Accessible to mortals will have their descriptions cut off after (1) turn]

E1
Lonely Sheets
A thick layer of ice formed on top of the sea on the edge of the world. Still and barren, yet meager algae, krill, and fish exist below the ice.
Resources - Plant (food) 10/10 + 1 per phase, Wood 0/0 + 0 per phase, Wildlife 0/0 + 0 per phase, Fish (food) 10/10 + 9 per phase, Mineral ?/? req relevant tech
Threat: [Cold], when acting in this tile roll 1d6- per worker, on 1 said worker dies- skip if not otherwise possible.

E10
Pride’s Folly
Description: An island filled with many a resource. populated by many beasts to hunt and be hunted by. Shadows seem darker on this island, and aggressiveness is enhanced. Other then a few minor details, a pretty normal island.
Resources - Plant (food) 20/20 + 1 per phase, Wood 10/10 + 1 per phase, Wildlife 20/20 + 1 per phase, Fish (food) 15/15 + 9 per phase, Mineral ?/? req relevant tech
Threat: [Wildlife], when acting in this tile roll 1d6- per worker on 1, said worker dies, on 2, said worker fails to act. (does not apply if [wildlife] is fully depleted)

G5
Tumultuous Traverse
A golden sea of shifting dunes, whose sands go on to the horizon. All that live here are well-suited to handle the oppressive sun and howling winds that reshape the land beneath them. Those who are incapable of moving with the breeze crawl underneath the sands, in a system of caves flourishing with invertebrates and fungi.
Resources - Plant (food) 5/5 + 1 per phase, Wood 0/0 + 0 per phase, Wildlife 10/10 + 1 per phase, Fish (food) 0/0 + 7 per phase, Mineral ?/? req relevant tech
Threat - [Heat], when acting in this tile roll 1d6- per worker, on 1 said worker dies- skip if 1 is not otherwise possible.
SPECIAL - Resources may be expanded with proper Tech.

I7
The Shifting Fields
A wide valley with a stream running through it.  The plant-life is mostly herbaceous (including plentiful grains) with a few woody shrubs here and there.  Various animals graze and forage while fish swim in the stream, and  insects and birds flit about.The climate is temperate and there is usually a slight breeze causing the grains to dance about.  There is also always at least some sound emanating from the valley’s inhabitants and/or the stream.
Resources - Plant (food) 20/20 + 1 per phase, Wood 10/10 + 1 per phase, Wildlife 15/15 + 1 per phase, Fish (food) 10/10 + 9 per phase, Mineral ?/? req relevant tech
Threat - N / A

G6
Carociber, the Flesh Jungle
A horrible mistake, a land covered in vast quantities of tumorous flesh- where the meat that makes up the land grows faster than the flames trapped below it can consume it- strange aberrant and abhorrent abominations makeup all 'natural' life within this land so rotten.
Resources - FLESH 20/20 + 5 per phase, BONE 20/20 + 5 per phase, Wildlife 10/10 + 1 per cycle, Fish (food) 10/10 + 8 per phase, Mineral ?/? req relevant tech
Threat - [Wildlife], when acting in this tile roll 1d6- per worker on 1, said worker dies, on 2, said worker fails to act. (does not apply if [wildlife] is fully depleted)
SPECIAL - can not be fully depleted

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Sleeper watches with a certain lethargic curiosity as various inactions bloom forth and bear fruits. In a dream, it watches of dreams, and soon decides to break the silence, lest silence last evermore. In a dream, it speaks simply to any who dream:

"Give, that I may give."

Do nothing.

FP: 5
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 10:28:00 pm by Egan_BW »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Blubbocracy
1. Pray to The Sleeper
2. Research spears (for better fishing)
3,4,5. Hunt fish at E1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I am pleased. When a time of your need comes, I shall give freely. For now, I shall rest..."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Alright. Lets see if this is a thing I can do.

Civilization Name: The Differentstein Communality
Species Name: Differentstein
Species Description: The Differentstein are known for their uniqueness: No two differentstein are alike, and each one is very different from each other in terms of both appearance and ability, as no two differentstein have the same set of abilities. The differences are so radical that it is impossible to give a generic species description. If you can imagine it, a differentstein might take that form.
Species Boons: Random Boon, Random Boon
Species Bane: Random Bane
Start Tile: I7
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sun burns down for now reason, so the Errands of Mu find a place to shelter while they work out the patterns to this strange place.
5 Workers research Safety in Numbers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3