Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 40936 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day Three
« Reply #540 on: March 06, 2023, 10:41:42 pm »

I mean if mafia kill the root tonight it's game over so having them have to guess who among us is the Root rather than mass claiming is probably a good idea.
Let me rephrase my question.

a1s is almost certainly the Root, but on the weird off chance either you or Jack is the Root then all you literally have to do is claim Root and you're confirmed town and thus win the argument against the other.

I want to know which one of you is the last Stem, and which one of you is the last Flower.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 06, 2023, 10:45:44 pm »

Toony - Town Stem
Tric - Stem

NQT - Town Root
Max - Mafia Root
a1s - almost certainly Root

Web - Flower
Jim - Flower

Jack - ?
Fluffe - ?

There isn't any wiggle room at this point, we can't hide who last Root is.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 06, 2023, 10:47:36 pm »

I mean if mafia kill the root tonight it's game over so having them have to guess who among us is the Root rather than mass claiming is probably a good idea.

a1s is almost certainly the Root, but on the weird off chance either you or Jack is the Root then all you literally have to do is claim Root and you're confirmed town and thus win the argument against the other.

I want to know which one of you is the last Stem, and which one of you is the last Flower.

But confirming either of us doesn't help us find the mafia does it? Like I aint the Root but in the off chance Jack is the Root id rather mafia have that uncertainty about it I rather not potentially throw the game by role claiming unless it is 100% guaranteed to net us a mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 06, 2023, 10:49:43 pm »

But confirming either of us doesn't help us find the mafia does it? Like I aint the Root but in the off chance Jack is the Root id rather mafia have that uncertainty about it I rather not potentially throw the game by role claiming unless it is 100% guaranteed to net us a mafia.

I'd rather not waste my time thinking whether a player is mafia if they're confirmed town.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 06, 2023, 10:52:55 pm »

I'd rather not waste my time thinking whether a player is mafia if they're confirmed town.
Well too bad cause I aint role claiming unless Jack does and at that point you already know what I am. You don't need my damn role to figure out if im good or not I like to think my past actions is already enough evidence.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 06, 2023, 11:21:59 pm »

Ok, if Toony is not mafia, who is?
Tric has admitted there is a trace from them to Max. That is suspicious.
Jim would know Toony is town if he was Mafia.
I don't think Fluffe is Mafia- there's no good point in lynching Toony as Mafia, all 3 stems are still alive (it would be better to kill someone in the damaged parts of the plant.)
I just said I didn't believe Jack was mafia, though I kinda forgot why. I trust my past self.
That leaves web, who hasn't posted since daybreak. Is that suspicious? I don't think so, but most of you do.

Would a1s have a better understanding of the state of the game if he were on a team with another player?

Also see below for a reminder of why I don't think it's a1 anymore.
You aint gonna get one cause now I'm certain it aint a1 I gave Max three people to choose from and they choose a1 and it's only by webadict changing the voting target and everyone just hopping aboard (for some feken reason) that a1 avoided getting lynched.
I don't think Max would choose their own mafia buddy on that day as a last minute voting target to save their own skin, especially when given two other perfectly valid options.

We're talking about a player who either concocted or at minimum endorsed a plan that left him the target of his own team's night kill. Assuming Maximum Spin would perform the most straightforward action is poor reasoning.

@MOD: Can the Mafia self-kill? I think this is something we should all know.

Why does EuchreJack ask this? Does he want to confirm my assertion that ToonyMan is town or cast doubt on it?

Reads:

Confirmed Town:
ToonyMan

Town:
TricMagic

Lean Town:
a1s
Fluffe9911
webadict

Zone of Uncertainty:
EuchreJack

I need to reread the game, but EuchreJack keeps coming up as I think about the game as the player whose play bothers me the most and the likeliest Max partner for whatever reason.

ToonyMan literally cannot be scum from my role results. I'm pretty sure TricMagic is town. Fluffe9911's anger at notquitethere's mislynch feels genuine, so it's hard to see him getting worked up about that if he's on a team with Max and they agree Max is the right person to nightkill. a1s feels confused and if I'm Max I'm not sure I entrust the success of this gambit with a1s. I've felt webadict is town before and my opinion hasn't changed but I don't perfectly recall why I feel that way. Him saying he's a bad team member for Maximum Spin because he tried to steer the CFD onto him rings true at least. Jack is... I have literally nothing to say about Jack.

I need to reread the game.

Well too bad cause I aint role claiming unless Jack does and at that point you already know what I am. You don't need my damn role to figure out if im good or not I like to think my past actions is already enough evidence.

The targets of any Night 2 block claims and the targets of any N2 track claims that don't lead to Max are confirmed town and can be crossed off the suspects list. This would help out a lot with some of the less certain cases.

It's also possible that scum were prevented from killing during N1, so N1 block claims can be useful in narrowing down who the remaining scum is.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 06, 2023, 11:25:18 pm »

Sir, I shall take you up on that offer!

I am a Flower. I tracked Jim, and saw him visit Toony.

I think, if folks look at how I have acted throughout the game, it should support that I was a tracker all along.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 06, 2023, 11:31:06 pm »

More likely to vote Fluffe, if we're wrong then I block Jack tonight. Thus sealing the game as long as we can guess correct within two players.

Assuming you don't get an answer from Fluffe, sounds like a solid plan.

I would like Fluffe to claim first, as I know my claim won't help anything, not like Jim tracking you at any rate.
I had thought that was a decent enough clue, but I guess not.  Deferring to confirmed townies, and giving Jim the info he needs when he re-reads the game.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 06, 2023, 11:35:06 pm »

I think, if folks look at how I have acted throughout the game, it should support that I was a tracker all along.
Alright then well there you go now you know what role I am also I will add that I have not used my ability yet.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 06, 2023, 11:40:36 pm »

Why me on N2?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 07, 2023, 12:07:45 am »

Why me on N2?
I suspected you were Mafia.

I was impressed that you tracked Toony.  Didn't think you suspected him.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 07, 2023, 12:10:12 am »

It wasn't exactly unexpected:
Vote Count
------------------------
-> Maximum Spin --3-- notquitethere*, ToonyMan*, TricMagic*,
a1s             --2-- Maximum Spin*, Fluffe9911*,
notquitethere   --2-- Jim Groovester*, webadict*,
Jim Groovester  --1-- EuchreJack*,
ToonyMan        --1-- a1s*,
EuchreJack      --0--
Fluffe9911      --0--
TricMagic       --0--
webadict        --0--
No One          --0--

Not Voting      --0--

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 04, 2023 at 12:00 Central Standard Time (0 hours and 15 minutes remaining.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 07, 2023, 01:09:40 am »

Alright then well there you go now you know what role I am also I will add that I have not used my ability yet.
Interesting.

New plan.

We lynch Web today.

I block Fluffe tonight.

Fluffe blocks Jack tonight.

If Web is mafia we win.

If Fluffe is mafia then he can't kill a1s and we go to D4 to decide between Fluffe and Jack.

If Jack is mafia then blocks can't stop blocks so Fluffe stops Jack from killing a1s and we go to D4 to decide between Fluffe and Jack.

This way we can remove Web as a possible suspect while still getting a choice between Fluffe and Jack if it's not him. Web should be okay with this because he can give as much thoughts as he wants about Jack and Fluffe if he's town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 07, 2023, 01:17:10 am »

Well I guess we don't have to do it that way since the end result is the same, but it's funny we can do that because of how blocks work.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 07, 2023, 01:35:42 am »

I guess I can at least make more accurate mafia interaction reads compared to last time where all I saw was a lot of nothing between a1s/Jack/Fluffe/NQT.

Tric blocking Max last night is the most Tric thing ever since it's the second worst thing he could have done N2.
Jim is just town.
a1s is confirmed town.

I'm not looking at these players, if it's one of them then whatever we lose. Tric is the most likely, but he's acting so much like himself.

Possible partners are Jack, Fluffe, and Webadict. What makes me uncomfortable is that mafia willingly chose to kill Max, so they were confident enough to go for this play. This also suggests to me that mafia have a Flower which I think makes Jack and Web more suspect.

I am seriously considering Web here I think because Web/Max totally does this, and I want to hear his insight about the other two.

Fluffe ranges from feeling really town to I don't know what this guy is thinking.

Jack has been relatively suspicious this whole game and treated me bad on D2, although this might have been because they're mad at me?

To do in the future:
1. Max/Web - thoughts
2. Max/Jack - thoughts
3. Max/Fluffe - thoughts

We just need to be right within two players.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47