Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Embark landing straight into -103  (Read 2019 times)

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embark landing straight into -103
« on: February 12, 2023, 02:22:40 pm »

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embark landing straight into -103
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 02:24:15 pm »

There's also lava hovering above me, and I don't think I can get out of the initial embark area
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 02:26:00 pm »

[/spoiler]

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 02:34:53 pm »

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 02:37:11 pm »

Cool embark!  I would try and build a stairway all the way down.  Slade certainly complicates the digging to make blocks though.

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 02:40:32 pm »

I am trying to find if it ends. The whole initial party + wagon have died however, so to actually play it would be a challenge.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 02:48:21 pm »

There's also lava hovering above me, and I don't think I can get out of the initial embark area
Armok spoketh, "Fuck those 7 dwarves in particular."
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 12:09:50 am »

Armok didn't want mortals to see that. It was still a work in progress

Did you think to save the game before getting wiped out?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 12:16:01 am »

A reclaim attempt might land you a fresh set of dwarves in the same spot to have another go at things.  It seems like you've found the real eerie glowing pits

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2023, 01:08:51 am »

Armok didn't want mortals to see that. It was still a work in progress

Did you think to save the game before getting wiped out?
I managed to reclaim the fort, after a couple of mins of FPS:0 I've uploaded the save here https://easyupload.io/q81xaq if someone with a beefier PC wants to see if they can find the bottom. I'm going to poke around and see if the whole terrifying ocean that's mean to be here is just gone, or if it's just this section

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2023, 01:30:48 am »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2023, 04:13:09 am »

Dang that's a strange looking place you've found bet that place would be cool to wonder around in.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2023, 08:41:02 am »

If giant adamantine spires were the whiskers of Armok, what's this nonsense supposed to be
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2023, 02:36:15 pm »

Landed into another terrifying area on the same world and have an addy spire going 394 above ground, along with that many layers of loam that fell immediately. I think worldgen is a little twitchy in the steam version

edit: 2 dead instantly, badly crushed. All the trees are capped with a layer of sandy loam. So far the spire seems to be alright

edit 2: All dwarves dead from fighting the reanimated corpses of the pack animals that died. Short but sweet
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 02:46:58 pm by Zammer990 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2023, 06:43:56 pm »

If you embark on a place that you recognize as corrupt, the first thing you should do is make a manual save with a unique name. Use the save without exiting button.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: [1] 2