Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why is my Queen murdering ?  (Read 1167 times)

DonDiablo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why is my Queen murdering ?
« on: February 11, 2023, 10:48:04 am »

So i have a queen that is murdering others and i can't figure out why.

I have seen this before with kings/queens but they where part of an evil civ residing in an evil fortress where murdering others is more common, they simply inherited their title or some sort.

But never have i seen a queen that's part of a good civ (my civ) residing in a good fortress murdering people.

I contemplated if she was a vampire but the legends show nothing like "the deity cursed Urist to prowl the night in search of blood" as that usually is a good indicator.
Could it be something else that i don't know about??

Do kings/queens make mandates in worldgen im assuming they don't ? but if they aren't met would that make them kill a dwarf if there is no hammerer? Just spinning thoughts.

Also i would be curious if she keeps murdering when she becomes monarch of my fort.

Maybe you guys have an idea

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: Why is my Queen murdering ?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 06:01:58 pm »

Your queen was part of a goblin civ at some point. Either she was born/grew up in a goblin site, or moved there for some reason (typically for an apprenticeship) and lived there long enough to adopt the local "ethics". When she became queen she moved back to dwarven lands, but didn't give up goblin ways.

It's a little funky, but dwarves (and other civilized creatures) can belong to their parent entity, yet have ethics of another entity, due to certain worldgen happenings. I've seen dwarves who had elven (!) ethics and loved nature.

Imagine what it's like to be a dwarf in that kingdom, though. The queen legitimately doesn't see anything wrong with killing people...

"But your majesty, it's... against the law!"

"Urist, I am the law!"
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 05:40:38 pm »

...a bit surprised to see the dwarven player run civ described as "good".  I've always seen player run as "neutral" at best.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 03:03:52 am »

...a bit surprised to see the dwarven player run civ described as "good".  I've always seen player run as "neutral" at best.

Dwarves are not "good".  "Good" is marked by the world being a big chicken and horses mounting their own lances, that sort of thing.  Dwarves find themselves in a strange juxtaposition of valuing law and yet being a tad crazy and chaotic sometimes.  This queen Urdim stands out for her lack of respect for the law.