Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tavern rooms not being used by visitors  (Read 2377 times)

JRHaggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tavern rooms not being used by visitors
« on: February 07, 2023, 02:30:28 pm »

This is from 50.05, so not a consequence of the update.

I can't figure out why none of my visitors will stay in my tavern-associated bedrooms. I'm at work so I can't post screenshots right now (super helpful, I know, but I do most of my best theorycrafting at work, obvs).

My tavern shows (0/18) rooms rented, so the rooms appear to have been associated properly. I have a tavern keeper, but he isn't always slingin' drinks due to military duties. I have between 6 and 10 long term residents. No citizens are occupying the tavern's rooms.

I feel like it's something super obvious, I've scoured the wiki, and I just can't figure it out. I just want my little gorlak dancer to have a cozy place to rest.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern rooms not being used by visitors
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 04:11:19 pm »

Yes
It's on the bug tracker. It's been this way since 50.01.

JRHaggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 11:38:51 am »

Thanks, S_T.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 11:50:47 am »

Glad to see this is a known bug since it was driving me crazy and I assumed I was doing something wrong.  My tavern rooms keep being claimed by kids in my fort.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 04:52:52 am »

I have this one as well, and more importantly, I don't seem to get visitor applications. At all - I'm in year five of my fortress, not a single petition for residency. I do get guild hall and temple petitions, visitors show up all the time, but none seem to want to stay. Does anyone have an idea what I could do to change that? I've already disabled all jobs on my mayor, to no avail.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 10:23:15 am »

I was getting petitions to join the fort, so that I don't think is broken.  Do you have bedrooms in your tavern?  Even if they don't work properly, they may be required to get petitions, since I did have some.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 02:00:06 pm »

Yeah, two taverns with 8 and 11 bedrooms assigned respectively - a few of the first tavern were occupied by regular fortres dwarfs, so I built the second tavern just to make sure, but still no dice.

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 07:40:37 am »

I've noticed another room allocation bug; if I assign a room to a noble who is also in the military and send them out on a mission, the room allocations are erased and have to be assigned again once they get back.
I suspect this may happen if they're on staggered duty too, but have yet to confirm.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2023, 11:14:41 am »

I've read that that happens to any militia you send on missions, so does it not happen to your other soldiers that you send out?  Presumably it would only apply to bedrooms.

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2023, 11:44:46 am »

I've not really paid attention to regular squaddie room assignments, as they don't have a screen telling you they're missing required rooms, but your idea tracks. I'll check when I'm next tinkering.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 03:29:20 pm »

I've noticed another room allocation bug; if I assign a room to a noble who is also in the military and send them out on a mission, the room allocations are erased and have to be assigned again once they get back.
I suspect this may happen if they're on staggered duty too, but have yet to confirm.

This is an old bug. The room allocations for squad leaders are not removed (if I remember correctly), and if a spouse is assigned to the room, then his/her military guy is also assigned automatically when returning. But all others are removed and need to be reassigned after the mission. For this reason I always make note with names of the squad members (in pre v.50.) or name the rooms themselves (in v.50.x.), so it is easier to reassign them later.