Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Question  (Read 1696 times)

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question
« on: June 26, 2007, 04:56:00 pm »

If you take a human town, light every tree/plant in it on fire, go into the inn, and sleep on the second level for a while. Will everyone in the town die from FIAR? will they retreat into the center of town? should I try it? instead of my current plan to set a ruins on fire, starting with the outside edge, and slowly working my way in.
HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 05:00:00 pm »

Well I'm severely burned, but I killed a zombie with my fire laying.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 05:07:00 pm »

it works... it works, 5 zombies are now dead due to walking into the fire.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 05:16:00 pm »

I've never seen anything light on fire, but then again, I keep temperature off, so...

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 05:18:00 pm »

Walk up to tree/plant, you have the option to ignite, do so. It can kill anything up to and including a horde of zombies. of course no experience and stuff... but hay, it is taking out the masters so its good.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:44:00 pm »

I just basically destroyed a town. first phase, I encircled the town with a ring of burning plant life. Secondly, I lit all the plants along the road on fire. except those near the water. third step I immolated a few choice trees near housing, fourth step I lit some stuff near a pool of water impacting the road, after the steam faded I moved in to hang out there, and watch everyone in the town except the mayor die.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »

unfortunantly I apparently stole something. a half dead and burnt hammerman knocked my ass into the fire and I burned to ash... good thing my weapons should be ok... I HOPE.

Gibby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »

First thing I did when temperature was first implemented was kill a zombie and put the corpse in a fire. I waited till it caught on fire then preceded to beat people to death with a flaming corpse till my hands burned.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 06:22:00 pm »

I killed an entire town. WITH FIRE!... next time, same thing, but with only 2 fires. one north of road, one south of road.

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 07:13:00 pm »

Oh yeah i did this like 2 months ago, it was awesome. I started at the center and wasted no time in finding trees and plants that were right by doors, looking people in and out. As i did it i got alot of messages of 'so-and-so has died from suffocation' from the smoke. And one really cool thing happened when i lit a plant on fire by the water, it created steam, and then i got a message later saying 'Stray cat has been scolded to death by a burst of steam!' or something. And i started cackling..

Then i walked into the Inn and the mayor said 'Good day!' as if nothing had happened. If you start a fire and leave the map, and then come back, you'll find ashes. I found a surprising amount of blood all over the town. Blood and skulls. I collected the skulls...

Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »

First time I lit a fire I was out in a field and I didn't know I had done it (I was being over zealous in picking stuff up). Of course I noticed it and in the period after the ginger-then-panicky escape and death by it I came up with a whole bunch of fanciful reasons why it happened (two bits of metal sparked, a dragon was flying about scorching the terrain, etc etc). By biggest remorse was not finding the landscape fuming after a flashfire when I started a new character. Eventually it all clicked . . . ! Made sure to watch what I was picking up from then on so as to not destil my drunken comrades.

LSTAR

• Bay Watcher
  • Has Sprung From Ambush!
    • View Profile
    • Second Hand News
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 06:26:00 am »

My first proper fire?
I gathered a whole pile of my failed adventurers and threw them into the blaze I had made. I then proceeded to dance about it, mourning. Good times...

[ June 28, 2007: Message edited by: LSTAR ]

"Slaves to Ciko Suppermuffin: Goddess of Food."

The man, the blog, the manblog.

TakiJap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 02:35:00 pm »

Long ago when the fire was implemented I destroyed a whole human empire by burning down their cities. Not as much fun as I had hoped.

Much more fun was setting whole lot of trees shrubs in fire around the village and going to sleep. When I woke up I sought up weapon and armor merchants, killed them violently and stole everything useable. After that I began slaughtering everyone while walking calmly in the midst of burning city. People burning to death on left and right. Fires everywhere and angry peasants and mercenaries being beheaded by my sword. I could imagine it all so clearly in my head. It just feels so good to be evil for a change.

I destroyed many cities with a total beginner wearing a masterpiece armor and wielding a masterpiece scimitar. It's quite easy since most guards will die in the fires and sleeping ones can be rudely murdered in their beds. Unfortunately my destructors career ended when a sleeping guard killed him somehow.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 01:32:00 pm »

I think it is just a simple bug.
When you light the plants, everyone try to avoid that. And if you leave the town, travel, then come back, the plants are all burnt down into ash.
After a sleep, the plants will be still burning, but no one tries to avoid as if they are not burning.  :eek:
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Ryven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 12:16:00 pm »

Does anyone else immolate all the zombie corpses to prevent the spread of Solanum?
Pages: [1] 2