Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Most awesome kills  (Read 1656 times)

BlueDestiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most awesome kills
« on: December 26, 2006, 03:13:00 am »

Mine was just recently. I created a wrestler/thrower/ambusher for kicks and it turns out to be wickedly powerful. Even with  my party refusing to enter caves and such for some reason, I took down many powerful beasts. The best part, though, was when I happened upon a goblin fortress. After beating a goblin child to death, I came upon a sleeping crossbowman. I stole his crossbow and bolts without waking him up, then strangled him in his sleep. I cleaned out about 3 floors using  a pair of iron bolts as melee weapons and throwing darts before I was too encumbered with riches to keep going. All in all, it was a kick-awesome slaughter.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: Most awesome kills
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 12:44:00 pm »

I once threw a live fly at a cheetah and damaged it's spleen.

:cool:

Yat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 04:08:00 pm »

I had a hammerer get shot through the eye by a kobold, breaking most of my face a brain to the sprained level and destroying the eye that got hit, instead of running i ripped the copper arrow out and savaged the bastard to death with it. The adventurer suprizingly lived

Eruydanann

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 06:22:00 pm »

The heroes do indeed go to great lengths of endurance, heh. That arrow in the eye was certainly story material. And skulking in dark corners behind enemies is always fun.

My latest elven lass also had to venture into goblin fortresses without her entourage. She is also the one with the most impressive kills I have witnessed in my games.

After cleaning out six dark fortresses of goblins, she picked up a goblin child head and used it as a missile. It struck the head of another goblin child and smashed it into its body, an unrecognizable mass. I started using body parts as missiles after this.

Later, in a cave of generic monsters, she ran afoul of a giant spider. Prior to being webbed and paralysed, she had caused just enough damage for the giant spider to bleed to death (once biting a counterstrike at it, it seems).
Beset by two chittering antmen and an iron man, she had nowhere to run. They broke her shoulders and wrestled with her until being exhausted. Then she felt the poison dilute.
Weapons useless due the damage, she wrestled with the over-exerted antmen and literally bit them and the iron man to death. Then she crawled away from that stinking hole.

In the next stop, a dark fortress again, I was surprised to find that her mouth was full of goodies. An antman head, some antman limbs and several antman and iron man chunks. So I used them as improvised missiles to kill her some more goblins.

BlueDestiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 03:23:00 am »

"In the next stop, a dark fortress again, I was surprised to find that her mouth was full of goodies. An antman head, some antman limbs and several antman and iron man chunks. So I used them as improvised missiles to kill her some more goblins."

I actually laughed out loud at that. An elven woman biting the arms off of an antman? This practically writes itself.

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 09:48:00 am »

Do you have to change the raws to allow your characters to make biting attacks, or is this something natural for elves? I play dwarf and human characters in Adventure mode, so I really don't know.

McDaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 10:41:00 am »

It is a secondary attack, used when you cannot punch (primary attack) because of broken arms etc.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 11:56:00 pm »

My greatest kill ever was with one of my "loincloth/thong" chars... he took out a hydra alone and almost buck naked with nothing but two-handed sword.  The Hydra charged, the character sidestepped, and then started hacking it up from behind.  That was the most fun I've ever had in Adv. mode.

As for biting, I once had a character who ended up on the ground with both arms disabled.  He/she managed to bite at least one zombie to (re)death before crawling to the edge of the map and escaping.  It seems like biting is actually nastier than punching!  THe nasty thing was watching him spit out several mouthfuls of rotten zombie flesh.  Once disease/poison/illness etc. is coded I imagine there will be side effects!

Its kind of funny, if you have just bit off a chunk of an opponent, you can see the chunk in your inventory (held in your mouth).  Kick ass!

Eruydanann

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 09:05:00 pm »

Nice, another biter  :)

This happened on my second char, when I arrived into a kobold cave on a elite bowman mission (might not qualify as an Awesome Kill, but I think you'll see why I posted it here).

code:
The kobold Spearman stabs The elephant in the right rear leg with her copper spear!
The shot glances away.

Guess what happened next? (Edited for highlights)

code:
Kululusharbin, kobold Spearman has been struck down.
The elephant kicks The kobold in the left upper arm with his right front foot!
It is mangled!
The kobold bites The elephant in the left rear foot!
Frobogoflilgus, kobold has been struck down.
Fraymus, kobold has been struck down.
Drifabis, kobold has been struck down.
Dludubuplulmis, kobold has been struck down.
Stlayngis, kobold has been struck down.
The flying copper arrow strikes The elephant in the upper body!
The shot glances away.
The elephant charges at The kobold Bowman!
Grofopleersnis, kobold Bowman has been struck down.
Lruthlunker, kobold has been struck down.
The flying ®ðcopper arrowð¯ strikes The elephant in the upper body!
Nomalrazot Avanudarb†l, elephant has bled to death.

And aye, it took seven arrows from that elite bowman I was hunting to finally kill that elephant.

I like to think it as an mad kobold "war ride" experiment that went wrong  :D
"Oh my god! That stupid Kululusharbin! I told him to snare that elephant and noAAaaargh! *STOMP* *CRUNCH*".

BlueDestiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 01:19:00 am »

Howd that elephant get in there?  :eek:

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 03:03:00 pm »

my best kill was on a kobald admittedly....
...but with about 3 attacks from my whip i had his head arcing across the room
.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 05:05:00 pm »

My coolest kill, or rather kills, I had two days ago (at least I think it was two days ago... I've lost a little track of time lately).  We were wandering around the wilderness killing cougars, wolves, and other temperate beasties for fun.  In one encounter, however, several wolves managed to bring down one of my spearmen buddies, and I charged to the rescue.

Over three turns, I did the following to the three wolves on top of him:

1) Behead one wolf.
2) Chop another wolf in half.
3) Propel a wolf away with a forceful blow into a tree, where the wolf exploded apart.

[edit]Yep, here we are.  Had the order of events wrong, but the events were correct:

The Spearman's right eye has been torn out!
The Spearman's brain has been torn!
The wolf latches on firmly!
The wolf shakes The Spearman around by the head!
A chunk is torn away!
You charge at The wolf!
You hack at The wolf in the upper body with your ðiron scimitarð!
It is cloven asunder!
The wolf is propelled away by the force of the blow!
The wolf has been struck down.
The wolf bites The Swordsman in the left upper arm!
The shot glances away.
You hack at The wolf in the head with your ðiron scimitarð!
The head flies off in an arc!
You hack at The wolf in the upper body with your ðiron scimitarð!
It is cloven asunder!
The wolf is propelled away by the force of the blow!
The wolf slams into an obstacle and blows apart!

[ February 09, 2007: Message edited by: JT ]

[ February 09, 2007: Message edited by: JT ]

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 10:26:00 pm »

I once annhialated an entire wolf pack with a rock. I didn't realize I wasn't wielding my axe until later.

Aribar Hunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 06:50:00 pm »

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:28:16 pm by Aribar Hunter »

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 08:21:00 pm »

I really like to send my adventurers on dangerous missions with a few stupid drunks without really training up any skills or advancing them yet, as I see that as kind of cheap.

So, some time ago, I took my new human spearwoman Gil (Jill) Cathiuse out on a quest to kill a cyclops with a few drunks. In the cave, she attacked a naked mole bear and stabbed it, getting her spear stuck in the process. Right at this point, the cyclops comes in and starts swinging at the nearby drunks, and she backed off and lost the spear in the process. The naked mole bear is brought down shortly after, but looking around, Gil's spear was nowhere to be found (apparently a DRUNK PICKED IT UP AND RAN TO OPPOSITE END OF THE CAVE SWINGING IT LIKE A MORON). This was highly unfortunate as the nearby cyclops was just finishing tossing around one of the drunks and ripping his limbs off. Instead of backing down, Gil steeled herself to the situation and began throwing rocks and any other piece of spare equipment she could find at the cyclops. The cyclops did not like this at all, and finished tearing apart the drunk before settins his one-eyed gaze on her. Fortunately, Gil was slightly faster than the cyclops, and could move away while continuing to throw rocks, very few of which were hitting. Back and forth the battle raged as Gil threw rocks, battered the cyclops' body with her shield, and wrestled with it to try and gain the upper hand. Weary and battered, Gil was forced to stop the assault and crawl away to rest temporarily. The cyclops, being badly bruised and also over-exerted, did the same and retreated to rest. After recovering, eating some food, and getting a drink from local cave river, Gil began searching the cavern thoroughly, with the cyclops no where to be found. Finally, she checked the one place she hadn't looked: outside. Moving outside she found it, and with an insult from the cyclops the battle started anew. With a great throw, a lucky spinning rock hit the cyclops in the head, stunning it. Gil, broken and battered, used this opportunity to finish the fight once and for all. Jumping on the back of the cyclops and wrapping her arms around its huge neck, she began to strangle it with all her remaining strength. After a few minutes, the cyclops finally succumbed to the onslaught, leaving Gil to stagger her way back to town, weaponless and friendless.

Overall, this was my most epic battle as it took over 30 minutes to fight through, ending with a battered adventurer and cyclops that was finished by being strangled to death. The whole fight took Gil from a dabbling thrower to Professional level, and from Wrestler to Adept Wrestler. Unfortunately, after Gil became an ultra-legendary warrior with many feats to her name, a lowly goblin swordsman smacked her in the head and cut out her throat.

Pages: [1] 2