Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McSocial has revealed the presence of [legendary item name]  (Read 472 times)

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't played in ages and with the release of the steam version I'm back in deep. Of the few things I've never seen before, one is the message about a particular artifact. Its not one that my fort made and I'm not sure why I should particularly care about it. I've found the human in my tavern who has it, turns out he has a pile of artifacts with him that he's clearly showing off. But even with all those artifacts I continue to get messages for only one of them.

Is there a way that I can find out if he's hording these artifacts for himself or if he's just taking a very long break before finishing a quest to return it?

Truthfully, I'm half tempted to just strike him down and take all the goodies he has. When checking the world map for artifacts in my area an unrelated artifact is shown to be rumored at my fort, so of course I'm suspecting this game guy has it. Now I can't raid my own fort clearly but I was hoping if there was some other way to perhaps detain this guy for questioning just to see what he's got going on.

I'm particularly curious about the spam of the item location reveal that started me down this rabbit hole, because I don't understand why I should care about this one particular item more than the others. Any tips or tricks to expedite a solution would be fantastic as well.

el Indio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McSocial has revealed the presence of [legendary item name]
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 01:55:30 am »

You may not care about an Artifact Mudstone Sceptre, but every treasure hunter, criminal or anyone else who takes a fancy to it will be after it.  I don't think there is anything you can do about it except be on the lookout for anyone coming to the fort to get it.

You can look in the legends viewer to see who has staked a claim to the artifact, there could be dozens of people/groups who think it belongs to them.  Dwarfs in your fort also seem to claim artifacts from afar, I think when travellers come telling stories they hear about various objects and covet them, and you could send groups into the world to claim them if you wanted I guess.  You can see this in the Artifacts menu although it might take a few years before the rumours reach your fort.