Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: harsher penalties for citizen death?  (Read 494 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
harsher penalties for citizen death?
« on: January 03, 2023, 07:54:04 pm »

so, not gonna lie, my usual playstyle is a bit run-and-gun and with 47.05 I was used to losing a few dwarves a year to odd accidents, yet replacing them on the reg with migrants and not really noticing the difference.

Now, there seems to be a longer or semi-permanent hold on migration if you lose, say, 5 or more dwarves in a year. It could also be a series of unfortunate world generations that left me with no migrants. But for one of my fortresses it has been two and a half years without new citizens arriving, after only a handful of deaths.

not complaining (as this is a great and world-consistent increase in difficulty), but I am curious if I have just been unlucky or if this is a real difference others have noticed

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: harsher penalties for citizen death?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 08:35:24 pm »

Migration to me seems to be more sporadic in general in the latest version. I suspect it's an intentional change to keep new players from feeling overwhelmed, but obviously I don't know that for sure.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.