Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Surprisingly continuing adventures of Rakfil Casseri  (Read 1002 times)

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Surprisingly continuing adventures of Rakfil Casseri
« on: June 09, 2007, 10:09:00 pm »

This is a new adventurer I made, and already he is legendary in my opinion. He is a master with the hammer, and in his first quest, he went into a cave to kill an ettin. His first foe was  a gremlin, yet no ordinary gremlin, every attack, the gremlin would block with an exterimity breaking that toe or finger, but perserving its body. finally after the 50th damaging swing it was propelled away to die on a rock. then he found the ettin, an Epic battle ensued, or would have if he hadn't pulped the ettins heads in the first swing. so cheerfully on his way out, an iron man comes up and smashes into him. It looked bad, till I read, and bounces off. Thats right, my guy took an iron man to the chest and threw it off. He swung once, and ripped the iron man in two with his hammer, throwing it away like trash he took the animating idol. only to be ambushed by two antmen, and a batman, non of which could knock him down, even after repeated charges into him, he killed them all without a single wound.

So ended his first quest. The second is now.
Sent into a ruin to kill a skeltal expert marksman, Rak charged in, blowing away the undead hordes. alone he came to the marksman, to take an arrow to the head. He was pierced.  but only an eye was put out. He became enraged and proceeded to pulp the marksman, and leave to buy an eyepatch with the money from the statue of iron.

HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Surprisingly continuing adventures of Rakfil Casseri
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 09:24:00 pm »

Continues no longer, he walked into a cave after an ettin, and met a dragon.
HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 06:36:00 pm »

23 hours! better than most of my characters...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 09:22:00 pm »

God damn! I have a pretty legendary adventurer (retired while my fort is going; he's actually mentioned under the nearest Human civ's screen...) yet he has NEVER, EVER found a Hydra, Dragon, Titan or anything else EPIC.

Go kill Bones McSkeleton, Elite Bowman... over and over and over again.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 10:03:00 pm »

Keep asking for quests at the same capitol city and you'll EVENTUALLY get one. I had one adventurer that killed a couple hydras, Sula Spearqueens, I save-scummed to keep her alive long enough to get the quests cuz I hate using companions and she kept getting attacked by packs of giant scorpions on her way to destinations, after about 20 or so quests at the same city I started getting the good ones. I don't think it always has to be that much, I think it's assigned by distance and I just happened to be in a remote dink-ville civ.

(I only scummed en-route to quests, not at them; my guilty conscience takes consolation in that...)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 10:01:00 pm »

Once I consistently had 1000+ speed (Which is average; but armor seriously weighs you down!) I never had much trouble unless somebody got a lucky hit.

However.

I just lost my best adventurer, Many years old, 'Ironwind' Axeback the Holy Firey Despair of Cloisters. He was untouchable, surving bowman ambushes time after time until finally he was struck down by a giant cave spider in my old fortress, "Tombportal".

Because, of course, he got tangled in web. Anything that slows you down in DF will kill you. Every. Time.