Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lighting  (Read 282 times)

Resmisal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lighting
« on: January 02, 2023, 06:37:27 pm »

Hello, Bay12Forums and fellow Dwarf Fortress designers, Resmisal here, long time fan and short time forum goer here. Happy new year and may fireworks be added into the game.
Currently the game lists your fort as
Inside Dark Subterranean
and the wikia lists Inside Light Subterranean as "impossible" - which gave me a strange mood... What if there was artificial lighting and a new profession called, iunno, lantern man? Naturally candles and torches won't be enough to offset cave adaptation.
I'm not sure what we - and I mean y'all you - think of "necrobumping" but I'm no necromancer (I swear!) so I'll live this link to another thread called Lighting and Oxygen here.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Lighting
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 06:50:59 pm »

Artificial lighting is already something Tarn and Zach have pondered. It's somewhere near the bottom of this development list IIRC, after the ordered stuff (magic, starting scenarios): https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Resmisal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 06:53:10 pm »

Thank you for your reply, PlumpHelmetMan. Happy new year!
I stand corrected. Do I have to delete the thread?

Edit: typo.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 05:30:59 pm by Resmisal »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 07:04:24 pm »

Happy New Year to you as well, welcome to the forums!

And no, that's not necessary. Just be sure to check the development lists (and other suggestions) before posting your own in the future. ;)
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.