Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help me mod goblins to be hostile to everyone, all the time.  (Read 639 times)

Sasquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help me mod goblins to be hostile to everyone, all the time.
« on: January 02, 2023, 04:35:26 pm »

Started playing Adv Mode again and I began to notice that goblins are neutral to humans, dwarves, elves, unless at war.
At first I thought maybe these were gobos that got conquered by humans etc, but even the unconquered dark fortresses have this issue.
I can go in and whack em one at a time without getting attacked, and that's just dull. Only their bandit spawns are hostile (unless at war).

So I want to make them hostile to everyone no matter what. I found an old thread that said to add [ITEM_THIEF] to their raw, but that did not work for me.
Perhaps there is a better way to do this, such as a newer tag that I'm not aware of? Perhaps it needs to be edited in multiple places?

I also noticed that raised dead were attacking the necros, so maybe this is a ginormous bug and I should play an older version?

Jrleebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help me mod goblins to be hostile to everyone, all the time.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 11:47:44 am »

Adding [CRAZED] to them will force them into no quarter combat with everything they see that isn't a goblin, but it won't work during worldgen, so its buggy.

Sasquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 04:23:51 pm »

I'm curious if that would make them hostile to the non-goblins they've captured in world gen.
I think I could live with that, or possibly remove [BABYSNATCHER] and see what happens.

The proper place to edit this is under 'entity_default.txt' correct? For [ENTITY:EVIL]?

Edit: I think I was editing the wrong file. I added it to creature_standard and they're [CRAZED] alright lol. They're attacking the trolls in the pit. I will try [ITEM_THIEF] in this file instead and see if that makes them hostile to dwarves, humans, elves, but not hostile to their trolls.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 07:16:53 pm by Sasquatch »

Sasquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 08:29:58 pm »

My language was imprecise on the original post. My fault.

What I'm hoping to do is get goblins hostile to Humans, Dwarves, Elves, all the time.
[CRAZED] works, but the goblins attack their own trolls.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 12:27:14 am »

Goblins, besides fortress visitors and goblins from non-goblin civs in adventurer are hostile to humans, dwarves or elves by default. Baby_snatcher and kill_neutral:Required achieve that.

If they're not and are just chatting to passing adventurers until a Banditry group turns up, it's a bug and no amount of modding (besides making them all Crazed) will fix it. Just needs the actual bug fixing.

Good thing there's an Adventurer improvement arc coming right up.

(If Baby_snatcher isn't working, item_thief also won't work. These two define the basic "sides" of the main civs.)

--edit
What you may be seeing is (perhaps buggy) behaviour introduced fairly recently where goblins talk to you first allowing you to try to taking on a goblin identity and pass unharrased.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 12:30:47 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Sasquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 04:23:46 am »

Yea I been digging into it and found out it's a longstanding bug. Hopefully it gets fixed when adventure mode goes to steam.

In the meantime I'm chuckling about the carnage that [CRAZED] causes on a new start as all the goblins in human/dwarf territory go nuts.
I got one chasing me with a pike right now, but I just started (no skills yet), so I'm throwing dead dwarf shoes at it. I am amused at least.  8)