Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 29829 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 3 brings some hope
« Reply #540 on: January 10, 2023, 12:55:19 am »

NQT

What makes you think it’s me brah?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 10, 2023, 12:58:33 am »

NQT

You seem most competent of the three. :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 10, 2023, 01:02:37 am »

I am... so confused.

so, so confused.

I see your point about three town mediums being very very silly, but then again, having three mediums in general is very very silly.

Vector sang like a bird of paradise in Hell, expressing absolute confidence that I was really webadict:
Quote from: Vector (dead)
That’s almost certainly Webadict
Hi Webby. Do I get my present now
Web asked us to figure out who he was and told us we would get a present if we figured it out. Why shouldn’t I get the present :V
Sorry, Vector, you don't get a wish. Anyway, this satisfies me that webadict isn't scum and that scum had no idea I was a medium, which clears webadict, ToonyMan, and Jim Groovester, all of whom I told days ago. (The fourth I mentioned above was Knightwing, who is not helpful at the moment due to being dead.)

Furthermore, notquitethere, who notably did NOT know I was the other medium even though I could tell it was him from the first line, had this to say:
Quote from: notquitethere
Hey V what should I tell town?
Which sounds scumslippy to me, just saying. I certainly don't believe there are three town mediums, that's just kind of a dumb setup. Mediums aren't that good that you need three of them, it's fun to play go-between but doesn't really add that much to the game. Anyway, notquitethere again.

That leaves the rest of my POE as Fallacy, Jack, and hector. Out of these guys I pretty much think it's hector now, but whatever, we can worry about that tomorrow. Of course, if someone can claim to have roleblocked or protected a target, that would help an awful lot!

Okay look. The hivemind is at three members now. We're at two dopps, three hivemind members led by Jim, and three town. This is not a good situation. I do agree that NQT is probably scum, just by the three-mediums argument and his past, kinda sketchy, behavior.

But regardless, if we execute NQT now, the hivemind goes up to four members unless Jim gets unlucky and hits the last dopp, which I doubt. At that point, unless the last dopp kills Jim, we either have three hivemind two town one dopp, or four hivemind one town one dopp, and at that point everything is fucked.

Or the dopp's kill fails and we get to four hivemind two town one dopp, which is similarly unappealing.

I'm praying webadict isn't converted because we'll need his roleblock to shut down the scumkill once we execute Jim, causing his thralls to die, and go to three town two dopps heading into the night phase.

But the thing is, if we don't execute the hivemind leader right here, right now, we are just fucked.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 10, 2023, 01:22:39 am »

Man, just slow your roll. There is no evidence of any hivemind. And again, if there is a hivemind and it has successfully recruited twice, killing the hivemind likely ends the game unless we are lucky enough that scum fail to kill again. After all, we'd be going into the night with 2:3.

Sure, it's possible, and it's possible that a hivemind hasn't recruited twice so we're actually at 2:4:2 or even 2:5:1, but honestly... I just don't think there is one. It seems unbalanced for the very reason that, if the hivemind does recruit, it puts us in the position of choosing who to die to. There might well be a third party, but I doubt it's a recruiter with three scum and eleven starting players.

Anyway, it sounds like you are making excuses not to vote NQT.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 10, 2023, 01:56:51 am »

But I actually *moustache twirl* converted another player to my hivemind cult *moustache twirl* and waited for FoU to claim so that I could fakeclaim *moustache twirl*.
I would much greatly appreciate it if you could give me your Permanent Holoform Modulator so I can make use of the fact of you not possessing it

Sure, give me a second.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 10, 2023, 02:12:04 am »

I didn't bluff, dude. I actually breadcrumbed it from the beginning (look up "The Medium is the Message") and told four different people. Just because you weren't in the know doesn't mean it was a secret.

This is a very subtle and obscure breadcrumbing.

hivemindhivemindhivemind

I have a very hard time believing that you are being genuine about suspecting there's a hivemind.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 10, 2023, 02:21:31 am »

I didn't bluff, dude. I actually breadcrumbed it from the beginning (look up "The Medium is the Message") and told four different people. Just because you weren't in the know doesn't mean it was a secret.

This is a very subtle and obscure breadcrumbing.
Isn't that the point? And it worked, scum didn't get it.

Besides, I told you, what're you complaining about? :P

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 10, 2023, 02:28:24 am »

I know, but after you told me you breadcrumbed being a medium I tried to find the post you did it in and still couldn't identify it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 10, 2023, 05:04:35 am »

Pfp
Max is scum then.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 10, 2023, 05:16:16 am »

I am not dead.

I must confess then.

I have no results. I am a chef.

But I don't need role powers to know what happened here.

Web must have blocked NQT. NQT tried to kill so no kill happened. Jim confirms FoU did something else.

Third scum is FoU or Hector. I think it's FoU because of their insane hivemind conspiracy. Does it really matter? Web and Jim can lock the rest of the game by blocking one and tracking the other tonight.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 10, 2023, 05:18:35 am »

Web could have blocked Hector too I guess, that makes things even easier but makes me question FoU's sanity.

We'll know when they're here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 10, 2023, 06:18:39 am »

OK, on a computer now.

Max is talking out his ass. There is only one medium, and it is me. I don't know why he thought that'd be a good fake claim, but there we go. I'm guessing he's in cahoots with Fallacy who wants to back up his claim here.

Also, I breadcrumbed the role in my first post...
Firstly, I'm definitely excited and delighted to play Paranormal again.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 10, 2023, 08:26:18 am »

It was me. I was the fourth medium.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 10, 2023, 10:45:01 am »

Since we have no hammers, I guess no harm in voting NQT.

Ordinarily, I'd prefer to here from Web first. His silence is...eerie.

@NQT: You never got any info from Tric or Knightwing. Either could have told you something to bolster your claim.

@Max: Could you ask Tric and/or Knightwing what I PM'd them? I communicated with them both, so they should be able to say something to help you confirm.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 10, 2023, 10:47:29 am »

NQT

No claim?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41