Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 34785 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #330 on: January 07, 2023, 05:29:24 pm »

Stop evaluating him with conventional scum tells. If you or hector was acting like this I'd go after them in a heartbeat. But this is a player who hasn't really learned to play the game yet. He's getting better, but his lack of engagement doesn't really say anything about his scumminess, because it's Knightwing.

The emotions read as genuine.

I am really confident in this. So yes, I would sacrifice myself for him, because it's just not fair of me to vote out Knightwing for my own sake.
Uh... We're using HIS scumtells, thought...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 07, 2023, 05:29:59 pm »

I've been mafia with Knightwing a couple times. He was mostly absent in the scumchat besides making Inspector Gadget noises. I gave some advice but it could only go so far. I'm not sure the "mafia would be coaching him" defense works here. If anything, a mafia!Knightwing is probably being told to try to appeal to people's emotions or something so that we don't vote him since that almost worked in the past.
Yeah I think in Jade Court KW spent huge portions of the game MIA as scum.
Blink blink.

Well, fuck.

So much for my absolute confidence in his towniness. That's a really good point you've got there, folks.

Do you really think that after almost 72 hours of action, the best vote is a policy vote?
But that's the other thing. And thanks for bringing this up. Even if I can't guarantee he's town or scum, him being his typical self just doesn't seem like a good enough justification to use the Day's execution.

I don't like policy votes, just in general.

Uh... We're using HIS scumtells, thought...
He has personal tells? Really? I've never noticed.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 07, 2023, 05:32:57 pm »

The Whiteboard
FallacyofUrist: 3: EuchreJack, hector13, Jim Groovester
Knightwing64: 3: notquitethere, TricMagic, webadict
hector13: 1: Knightwing64
notquitethere: 1: FallacyofUrist
Vector: 1: ToonyMan

Day ends ~5PM Pacific Today (~2.5 hours)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 07, 2023, 05:34:03 pm »

I'm disappointed that Knightwing hasn't done my assignment - or at least - hasn't told me he wasn't planning on doing them.

I still kind of just want to clear the replacement slot so the game doesn't suffer.
Knightwing really should have told you to fuck off, but he didn't BECAUSE HE IS TOWN.
It's literally Knightwing Towntell #1: Never contradicts Toony. As scum, he's be attack you as the big meanie that you are.  But as Town, he's all huddled in a corner.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I do 100% agree on wanting to launch Vector-Replacement. It's not fair, but I suspect Vector would more likely seek replacement as Mafia, since they would feel a higher level of obligation. Then again, Vector flaked out on me hard when we were scumbuddies the first time, so I dunno.
...Always best and fair to give new people new opportunities.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 07, 2023, 05:34:54 pm »

Kind of want to see Maximum Spin weigh in before the deadline.

FallacyofUrist, vote Knightwing64 and I will change my vote to Knightwing64.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2023, 05:36:42 pm »

Knightwing really should have told you to fuck off, but he didn't BECAUSE HE IS TOWN.
It's literally Knightwing Towntell #1: Never contradicts Toony. As scum, he's be attack you as the big meanie that you are.  But as Town, he's all huddled in a corner.

I do 100% agree on wanting to launch Vector-Replacement. It's not fair, but I suspect Vector would more likely seek replacement as Mafia, since they would feel a higher level of obligation. Then again, Vector flaked out on me hard when we were scumbuddies the first time, so I dunno.
Okay, but he went on a tirade against me, so what if we replace Toony with webadict in that?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 07, 2023, 05:38:20 pm »

As do I, but Max doesn't care what we think. I mean, if Max posts at the last minute, that looks really scummy.
But Max as town looks really scummy, so I'm probably just going to have to live with that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2023, 05:39:27 pm »

Okay, but he went on a tirade against me, so what if we replace Toony with webadict in that?
Knightwing as Town tells you to fuck off all the time. It's specifically Toony and only Toony that Town!Knightwing is afraid to confront. Sorry.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 07, 2023, 05:39:49 pm »

Yeah, definitely. He's been pretty absent so far.

FallacyofUrist, vote Knightwing64 and I will change my vote to Knightwing64.
Well fuck.

Logically speaking I should put a null Knightwing's life far below my survival, since I know I'm town.

Emotionally speaking I don't feel like it's fair to execute Knightwing for effectively doing nothing.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 07, 2023, 05:40:04 pm »

But point of order: Scum!Knightwing uses more foul & stronger language than Town!Knightwing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2023, 05:41:30 pm »

Alright well if you want to die for Knightwing64 I'm not going to stop you but I will wonder why he's worth putting your neck on the line for that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2023, 05:42:06 pm »

Jim's looking kinda scummy...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2023, 05:42:45 pm »

Hm, but would I back that with a vote?
Make an offer, folks!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 07, 2023, 05:43:25 pm »

No, he's not.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 07, 2023, 05:44:03 pm »

Bahahahahahahahaokay
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41