Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 29807 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 1 wants off this rock
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2023, 06:17:37 pm »

Right, and he still won with the bad guys! That wasn't a town win!
He was playing to win with town the whole game. He screamed town. I screamed he was town. He was town until the very last second. I don't have a strong opinion of KW in this game yet, but I think your attack is very malicious on his character.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2023, 06:18:47 pm »

I'm with Toony on this one...  This feels like a really big grasp at straws...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2023, 06:44:44 pm »

NQT, care to do an analysis on me using that same logic?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2023, 06:45:04 pm »

[1] As far as I’m aware, this is your most recent reads list, which has, what, 4 players as null? Vector, Toony, Max, NQT. You don’t say anything about Jim’s alignment either, so I’m going to say that’s a harsh read from me, and say 5, but whatevs the point is they’re there.

[2] You’ve done exactly zero to clear up those spots, instead voting me based on a gut read which makes sense to me, you seem to have placed me in a pedestal over the years we’ve played, fine, I get it, but you also have done zero about that, too. I’ve had to prompt you to clear it’ll up what you mean and you respond with nonsense about fingertips and soliloquies, which kinda ended me giving you the benefit of the doubt ‘cause I asked for something easy to understand, and you’ve provided zero evidence for a read that could be cleared up with Pepto Bismol.

[3] You are correct in your assertion that I have done little in the game. I don’t want to bring it up, but my excuse is I am responsible for a 9 month old child. What’s your’s?

[3] I can post early in my morning when I am a grumpy so-and-so like in this post. I can post little and maybe often during the day when baby is awake. I can post late at night when I’m more prone to whimsy ‘cause I’m exhausted, and disinclined to do huge analysis. I missed making a funny early in the game that I noticed last night related to you and Jim, but neglected to post it because it would require trimming posts which is difficult to do when I exclusively PFP.

[4] You seem to expect us to believe that you don’t know how to play mafia anymore, but you run games FFS and you discuss them in deadchat with the players. [5] I like how you’ve said that confused play from KW makes him town though, implying the same from you must mean the same thing.

[6] You want opinions? You, webadict, KW, with the proviso we’re like 36 hours into D1. I’d be happy with you or KW, because webadict is not going to get voted out on D1, probably ever.

Possibly Jim instead of webadict, but Jim PM’d me just to spite me and they was funny, I don’t think scum!Jim does that.

Webadict has said he’s coordinated investigative roles to look into me in the night. If I get cleared and can coast the rest of the game without having to prove I’m town, that suits me right down, down to Funkytown.

Tric, Toony, EJ are my top town picks, and I don’t really care about the rest other than Vector could post more, hopefully it’s nothing serious from storms or whatever.

PPE: I hope Max is going to claim kook.
Okay, I think at least some of the counterpoints you're making are misleading, possibly intentionally. I definitely appreciate the insights you're putting in, here - this is the most content-heavy post you've made all game.

[1] I think it's fully reasonable of me to be willing to delay reading less heavy posters until they provide more content. Toony, Jim, and NQT have done so by now (and honestly I should have looked harder into Toony initially, I admitted that already in a subsequent post) so I can take the time to read them better now. Vector, alas, will have to wait.

[2] I thought my position was easy to understand. I don't think I was clear enough. Allow me to elaborate.

[3] I didn't cotton onto you not posting. I noticed that you were posting, and at an okay level, it just contained nothing of value. I'm not saying you were lurking, I'm saying you were active lurking, which is a classic scumtell. That's why I confirmed my vote on you.

[4] I'm going to make a distinction between running games and playing them. I'm an okay setup designer - though you've seen how badly things can go, still. But being good at designing setups doesn't really translate to being good at playing them. They require separate skills. I don't see why you made that argument.

[5] I don't think that far ahead, buddy.

[6] Thank you for this section, though.

I think I've accomplished what I've wanted to accomplish with this vote, now that you're actively and actually engaging with the day game.

Unvote.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2023, 06:54:48 pm »

wordswordswordswordswordswords

This exchange with hector13 continues to make me uneasy.

If I put myself in FallacyofUrist's position, do I feel like anything substantive has changed about how hector13 has played to warrant the unvote here? I'm not so sure.

I'll have to look at this with a more detailed eye later.

Unvote.

I know I said votes are shitposts until the deadline, but if it's not hector13 for you, then who?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2023, 06:59:31 pm »

[3] I didn't cotton onto you not posting. I noticed that you were posting, and at an okay level, it just contained nothing of value. I'm not saying you were lurking, I'm saying you were active lurking, which is a classic scumtell. That's why I confirmed my vote on you.

@Fallacy: I thought the above was a great Townie thing to say.  That got me to thinking, you might be able to improve your Town game by giving us valuable insights from your extensive experience on the other side of things.

wordswordswordswordswordswords

This exchange with hector13 continues to make me uneasy.

If I put myself in FallacyofUrist's position, do I feel like anything substantive has changed about how hector13 has played to warrant the unvote here? I'm not so sure.

I'll have to look at this with a more detailed eye later.

Unvote.

I know I said votes are shitposts until the deadline, but if it's not hector13 for you, then who?
...but yeah, as Town, you gotta apply pressure.  Letting people "off the hook" should be done with purpose. 
Like, I dunno, actually thinking they're town rather than "maybe they're not scum..."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2023, 07:00:05 pm »

Myself, obviously.

No, no.

It's easier to cross people off the list than it is to put them on it. Knightwing is acting lost and confused, so he's town. Tric is similar, but a little sus, except executing Tric is just kind of pointless as a Day 1. It's effectively informationless. Vector is absent for understandable reasons. Hector finally started interacting, so he's out. Web is the towniest person here, so he's out. EuchreJack would definitely claim his role early as town, so he's out.

Who does that leave?

You (Jim). Toony. NQT. Maximum Spin.

I'm considering between NQT and Spin currently.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2023, 07:02:50 pm »

Myself, obviously.

No, no.

It's easier to cross people off the list than it is to put them on it. Knightwing is acting lost and confused, so he's town. Tric is similar, but a little sus, except executing Tric is just kind of pointless as a Day 1. It's effectively informationless. Vector is absent for understandable reasons. Hector finally started interacting, so he's out. Web is the towniest person here, so he's out. EuchreJack would definitely claim his role early as town, so he's out.

Who does that leave?

You (Jim). Toony. NQT. Maximum Spin.

I'm considering between NQT and Spin currently.

This is how you do that:
Vote one, use a Finger of Suspicion (FOS) in BLUE for the other, and make clear that you'll flip from one to the other at the drop of hat.
Then you've got BOTH of them in the hot seat, WIN WIN

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2023, 07:04:15 pm »

I'm going to give credit to the "Vector can't post" hypothesis and switch my vote to NQT.

You could also just do this...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2023, 07:12:35 pm »

You know what? Sure.

Let's try that.

notquitethere.

Goes from
KW: typical KW so far. Falls in the same category as Tric, like, probably don't want them deciding the game at LYLO regardless of alignment
To
This is the most substantive post we've had from Knightwing in the game:

I don’t know

It’s D1 you maniac

What do you want from me

I guess Hector is a little suspicious.

Will he Beetlejuice and make an appearance if we say his name enough?
Anyway, what is the argument that KW is town? Like, what about his posting filled Jack et al with so much confidence?

Knightwing64: I want to say is town, but not posting enough. Could be as confused by the setup as I am, which would account for the lack of effort. Slight town.
Town but don't deserve it
Knightwing64
It's easy to appear like you have nothing to hide if you don't say anything for half the game but ok. I think the game where he won as a serial-killer ally showed he's capable of being underestimated.

Essentially, he went from saying Knightwing was playing as normal to hard pushing Knightwing for execution with no provocation. That strikes me as scum striking for an easy execution.

Maximum Spin.

You know, I think it could actually be Knightwing64.
Hops on NQT's bandwagon. Actually, no, he places the first vote on Knightwing. Gives no reasoning. Then NQT follows up.

Could scum really be this blatant?

Two scum chase Knightwing, then one scum shows up and offers a spontaneous (also town) alternative execution. Either way town dies.

Also very inactive, now that I'm looking over things. So now I'm thinking it's less 'one or the other is scum' (which now that I think about it I really thought for no reason) and thinking more 'these folks could be scum together'.
Generic Arms Race.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2023, 07:14:10 pm »

I’m sorry for not posting a lot, my power and Wi-Fi have been turning off and on very erratically.

So while you guys can expect posts, they will be scarcer then usual until I can figure this out

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2023, 07:17:09 pm »

Hops on NQT's bandwagon. Actually, no, he places the first vote on Knightwing. Gives no reasoning. Then NQT follows up.

Could scum really be this blatant?
Welcome to Maxland. Pretty sure he does this as town here too.

I think NQT is mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2023, 07:26:55 pm »

I'm going to bed. But to be clear, I wasn't trying to say KW was acting as a serial killer in that other game, I expressed that poorly. What I am trying to say is that he's easy to underestimate.

Just as I'm apparently easy to overestimate!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2023, 07:40:42 pm »

Essentially, he went from saying Knightwing was playing as normal to hard pushing Knightwing for execution with no provocation. That strikes me as scum striking for an easy execution.

You need to read closer. notquitethere's reads list is ranked from town to scum and Knightwing64 is ranked near the bottom.

I spot checked notquitethere's posts to see if FallacyofUrist's feelings on him held water.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and I could be wrong, but I feel like it's not notquitethere.

FallacyofUrist feels artificial.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2023, 07:49:23 pm »

You need to read closer. notquitethere's reads list is ranked from town to scum and Knightwing64 is ranked near the bottom.
All NQT says there is 'Knightwing is acting as normal'.

I don't see how that translates to 'Here's why Knightwing is scummy'.

Even the reasoning he gives after he votes just looks like conspiracy theories.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41