Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 34840 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 1 wants off this rock
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2023, 04:25:00 pm »

Is that so?  I don't see that, but perhaps you have biases that I don't understand.  Why do you not suspect NQT?  How does your read of KW differ from Vector?

It’s not that I don’t suspect NQT, he’s one of the ones I’m not sure about, I’d just rather see other people flip before him.

Frankly KW and Vector are in the same boat. Neither of them have posted much, and I’m not huge on making decisions based on nothing. Vector did give an excuse pre-game though, which is why I’m voting KW in the hope that they actually post.

Where I’m at is FoU is scumlocked, and there’s probably scum among KW, Vector ,NQT, Jim, and Max, in approximate descending order of likelihood.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2023, 04:26:38 pm »

You also said there are investigators that are possibly looking at NQT too, so his slot being solved that way means I’d prefer to look elsewhere for a D1 vote.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2023, 04:27:12 pm »

The main issue is that town or scum knightwing will just coast along never committing to anything. It's just what happens. Count up the number of posts he's made this game and their content, it's likely not much.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2023, 04:49:11 pm »

Is that so?  I don't see that, but perhaps you have biases that I don't understand.  Why do you not suspect NQT?  How does your read of KW differ from Vector?

It’s not that I don’t suspect NQT, he’s one of the ones I’m not sure about, I’d just rather see other people flip before him.

Frankly KW and Vector are in the same boat. Neither of them have posted much, and I’m not huge on making decisions based on nothing. Vector did give an excuse pre-game though, which is why I’m voting KW in the hope that they actually post.

Where I’m at is FoU is scumlocked, and there’s probably scum among KW, Vector ,NQT, Jim, and Max, in approximate descending order of likelihood.
I don't agree on FoU, Jim, or Max.  Jim, because Kook.  Max because he's not scumtelling.  And, FoU because he seems like he's putting in thought to his reads, and he usually acts a bit wilder as scum.

I'm moving to being a Hectorite on the PM issue. No one's PMing me and now I feel like I'm missing out.

Also, I look forward to being town cleared at the start of D2. Hopefully not every investigatory role will waste a night on this, but if one does then it's a win for me.

Anyway, what is the argument that KW is town? Like, what about his posting filled Jack et al with so much confidence?

Knightwing64: I want to say is town, but not posting enough. Could be as confused by the setup as I am, which would account for the lack of effort. Slight town.
Town but don't deserve it
Knightwing64
I would PM you, but I think you're scum, so I don't see how that would benefit me.  If you decided to PM other people, you'd be getting more PMs, so there is that.  Just do what I do and claim to random people you think are Town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2023, 04:54:29 pm »

Why do you think those folk are scum, in descending order of likelihood?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2023, 04:57:08 pm »

Anyway, what is the argument that KW is town? Like, what about his posting filled Jack et al with so much confidence?

Knightwing64: I want to say is town, but not posting enough. Could be as confused by the setup as I am, which would account for the lack of effort. Slight town.
Town but don't deserve it
Knightwing64

It's more like "Knightwing isn't the most important player for me to examine"
But let's turn that question around: Why are you so sure Knightwing is scum?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 06, 2023, 05:05:49 pm »

I don’t see any thought in FoU’s reads. He basically has five null reads and has an upset tummy read for his sole scumpick, and he appears to be making zero effort in solving those.

PPE: those are the players I am not sure about. KW popped up and then left, Vector has posted once as far as I can tell, NQT is… it feels like he’s doing things just to look like he’s doing things, but he’s here, and the previous two aren’t.

Jim seems a bit more serious than usual, but he did PM me with a quote of me saying I don’t want PMs just to spite me, which was funny, and gives a little town-cred over the others. Max is quite difficult for me to read so he generally always sits as a null read.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2023, 05:07:16 pm »

Ugh distractions.

FoU has been promoted by me a handful of times to elaborate on his read of me and has prevaricated each time with talk of Sharpness and soliloquies and fingertips. It doesn’t mean anything.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2023, 05:24:10 pm »

Storm is over, no chickens flew away. I haven't been able to reread yet but I'll do some good posting later tonight after work.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2023, 05:32:48 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Knightwing64 --4-- hector13*, Maximum Spin*, notquitethere*, Jim Groovester*,
hector13        --2-- Knightwing64*, FallacyofUrist*,
notquitethere   --2-- EuchreJack*, webadict*,
FallacyofUrist  --1-- TricMagic*,
Vector          --1-- ToonyMan*,
webadict        --1-- Vector*,
EuchreJack      --0--
Jim Groovester  --0--
Maximum Spin    --0--
ToonyMan        --0--
TricMagic       --0--
No One          --0--

Not Voting      --0--

6 to Hammer. Day ends on January 07, 2023 at 19:00 Central Standard Time (~26 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2023, 05:43:57 pm »

Anyway, what is the argument that KW is town?

Feeeeeeeeeel, mostly. I don't think Knightwing64 can do anything except wear his heart on his sleeve, and this feels Knightwing64 not having anything to hide.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2023, 05:52:28 pm »

It's easy to appear like you have nothing to hide if you don't say anything for half the game but ok. I think the game where he won as a serial-killer ally showed he's capable of being underestimated.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2023, 05:58:18 pm »

It's easy to appear like you have nothing to hide if you don't say anything for half the game but ok. I think the game where he won as a serial-killer ally showed he's capable of being underestimated.
Which game was that?  The only game I recall with a Knightwing SK win was with Knightwing being Town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2023, 05:58:32 pm »

Didn't he literally claim that in-thread? I'm pretty sure he straight up told everyone "guys I am town but can also win with a SK if they exist" and that was 100% the truth. Because he submitted a role name that had Dubious in it or something.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2023, 06:14:14 pm »

Right, and he still won with the bad guys! That wasn't a town win!

I'm struggling to take seriously the "KW is always open" perspective. You guys don't seriously believe KW is dumb enough to go "oh damn, I got doppelganger and now a bunch of people are chatting to me in a quicktopic"?? If anything, you'd expect a town!KW to be more forthcoming than he has been, right?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41