Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 29795 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 3 brings some hope
« Reply #570 on: January 10, 2023, 11:49:46 am »

I will say I'm embarrassed about my N1 action but I only did it as a backup in case I was reading the room wrong.

I'm a Heroic Guard, so like Tric but worse.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 10, 2023, 11:56:40 am »

That's okay, I was really gambity on Day 1 by giving Max my Body Double, and I was ready to be murdered for funsies if he was scum!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 10, 2023, 11:59:53 am »

Anyway, Shorten

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 10, 2023, 12:02:56 pm »

NQT Shorten

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 10, 2023, 12:12:37 pm »

notquitethere.

Shorten.

Man I'm dumb. I had forgotten that I already knew webadict's claim and believed him when he fakeclaimed psychic warden.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 10, 2023, 12:15:09 pm »

Shorten

I will agree with PMs being broken, ‘cause D1 Max PM’d me web did something that would be mad even as a scum gambit, which helped me clear both of them.

It also made me think the scum team might be Max/web/Jim N1, but that was just ultra paranoia…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 10, 2023, 01:18:41 pm »

As much a I’m convinced we’re just handing Jim a hivemind victory, there’s at least a chance that I’ve misread the situation, and NQT is almost certainly a dopp. I can’t argue with this execution.

notquitethere.

Shorten.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 10, 2023, 01:24:55 pm »

Apparently Tric wants me to say "DII IT: JSS WEB". I don't know why. Now reading the thread.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 10, 2023, 01:32:49 pm »

The Whiteboard
notquitethere: 7: EuchreJack, FallacyofUrist, hector13, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, webadict
Maximum Spin: 1: notquitethere

Shorten: 4: FallacyofUrist, Jim Groovester, ToonyMan, webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday. 5 Votes needed to Shorten the day.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 10, 2023, 01:36:53 pm »

Shorten.

I see notquitethere stole the prompt, lol. Tric actually wrote "Max" instead of "NQT", but I don't know why he thought NQT somehow wouldn't see it.

Well, everything web said there is true. I suspected you'd tell Jack too, or at least I was hoping you did.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 10, 2023, 01:53:07 pm »

I will agree with PMs being broken, ‘cause D1 Max PM’d me web did something that would be mad even as a scum gambit, which helped me clear both of them.
(Yeah, as you can now see, it was "just handing me a bulletproof, completely unsolicited".)

So the last thing I want to know is, what's Jack's real role?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 10, 2023, 01:57:47 pm »

Okay, apparently I'm triple-posting and almost quadruple-posting now, because Tric says "Jester Swing Jack" is apparently his code-word for web. Like, I think it goes without saying that I'm the medium by now, but... he asked, so I'll do it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 10, 2023, 02:01:23 pm »

Okay, apparently I'm triple-posting and almost quadruple-posting now, because Tric says "Jester Swing Jack" is apparently his code-word for web. Like, I think it goes without saying that I'm the medium by now, but... he asked, so I'll do it.
True.  Confirm.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 10, 2023, 02:08:48 pm »

The Whiteboard
notquitethere: 8: EuchreJack, FallacyofUrist, hector13, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, webadict
Maximum Spin: 1: notquitethere

Shorten: 5: FallacyofUrist, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, webadict

Notquitethere smiles a bit, and then begins to change. His facial features vanish, except for his mouth, which grows longer and sprouts large sharp teeth.

"Fine. But I'm taking Max with me!" He growls. He rises to his full, now taller, height. And with a deliberately slow step he moves towards Maximum Spin.

The shot is, as always, deafening. But FallacyofUrist's aim is true, and the doppelganger collapses to the ground with a gaping gunshot wound to the head.

There is a long silence as everyone waits to see if the creature is dead. And to get their hearing back. Someone may have said something, you're not sure. You couldn't hear.

Eventually satisfied that the creature is actually dead, you drag it out to the barren land surrounding the Outpost and bury it. And stick a big rock on it. You don't want it coming back somehow.

After you check out notquitethere's quarters. It's a bit hard to remember that until recently he was just your coworker, and not actually a monster in disguise. In any case, you find a few books on spiritualism and contacting the dead. Looks like he was a Medium after all.

Two down, one to go.

And a long night ahead of you.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 4
« Reply #584 on: January 10, 2023, 07:40:36 pm »

Another day, another meeting in the mess hall. Another day drinking black swill that might be an insult to things that are an insult to coffee.

But, everyone is accounted for this morning. You can only hope that means something good.

Time to grab another bland pastry and get to voting.

Day will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41