Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water pressure in steam  (Read 532 times)

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Water pressure in steam
« on: December 28, 2022, 10:02:03 am »

Has this changed?

I notice digging a well that it moved every bit of stone along the way as the water ran through the corridor I made for it.
Didn't this used to leave stone in the corridor?

Is this a good new way to move things around (like out from under a trap door for instance)?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Water pressure in steam
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 10:06:01 am »

It always could move stuff around. Unsure if it does more now. I made a trap which kept washing dropped items onto fortifications. Was a pain in the arse.

One situation where it didn't push things was when the pressure was so high the water basically teleports. Like when opening a door at the bottom of the ocean. The passage would fill instantly. Has to be the slower water spreading.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Water pressure in steam
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 12:42:39 pm »

It always could move stuff around. Unsure if it does more now. I made a trap which kept washing dropped items onto fortifications. Was a pain in the arse.

One situation where it didn't push things was when the pressure was so high the water basically teleports. Like when opening a door at the bottom of the ocean. The passage would fill instantly. Has to be the slower water spreading.

It moved something like 2 dozen rocks, and only 2 are left in the passage ways (one is on the stairs, so not sure if that should count).

Original DF used to leave a lot more behind.