Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trade Depot access in Steam version?  (Read 4829 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Depot access in Steam version?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2023, 02:44:47 pm »

Is there a hidden function to show access to Trade Depot in Steam version (as it is present in Classic Version)?

If not, maybe someone tried the exploit with wagon-only access (with ramps accessible by wagons only), which was possible in Classic version, and know if it works or not in the Steam version?

I have had the wagon-only access work in Steam version.  Once I figured out how to build it correctly again :p  And again...

On the other hand, at them moment I have no wagon access for some reason I can't sleuth out.  I took out the wagon-only access structure, and that was not the problem.  I am dreaming of the D command and fighting the temptation to return to the 47.x version.  Guess I can do some save-scumming and try different setups.

Great, I made the wagon-only route which would work in 47.x, and I'm waiting for wagons, which may take some time. I even removed trees and boulders in some places, as I would do in these older versions, even though I don't know if it works or not, without the D-command.

As for sudden problems with access - maybe some open spaces (holes) in the surface? They are kind of hard to see, unlike in the v 47.x or older. Or some newly put traps or trees?

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2023, 07:09:36 am »

accept a Barony
The only difference of barony/no barony is getting wagons?
Anything else?

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2023, 04:08:00 am »

Ahem, at first I had 3x3 stair access - no wagon.
I removed it and added 3x3 ramp - no wagon.
Should I make 5x5 ramp?

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2023, 09:28:43 pm »

Should I make 5x5 ramp?

Wagons have never been able to traverse stairs, but a 3-wide ramp should be fine. So make sure there's no buildings (including traps) in the way.

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 11:43:57 am »

Should I make 5x5 ramp?

Wagons have never been able to traverse stairs, but a 3-wide ramp should be fine. So make sure there's no buildings (including traps) in the way.

Probably it was a lever that was on the way. I carved a 5 tile ramp and at least 3x3 free area for parking. That did the trick.

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2023, 11:58:30 am »

Should I make 5x5 ramp?

Probably it was a lever that was on the way. I carved a 5 tile ramp and at least 3x3 free area for parking. That did the trick.

Yep that would do it. Dwarves can walk over buildings and traps, but they block wagons.

Aside from roleplay, you don't need any extra parking space though. An unlimited number of wagons can park (somehow) in the depot.
Pages: 1 [2]