Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Gridhood GPT  (Read 4858 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood GPT
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2022, 11:31:51 pm »

At H7 goddamnit I6, Aleph Null extends the jungles of I7 out beyond the realm of sense - no more do plants grow from the earth, instead stretching themselves out across the void in a vast tangle of plants growing on the backs of each other, gleefully defying any principles of gravity and leverage. In some places, vines lazily float out into the emptiness, bearing the seeds of slightly-variable ecosystems that may or may not connect back to the main body. Trees float through space, roots and canopies stretching far enough to escape the bounds of vision. Death comes to what lives here, and life feeds off the dead; entropy rules this land, bringing constant change even as these Kudzu Isles ever spread themselves.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2022, 05:01:00 am »

Seems like we're gonna need a map key at some point and maybe a thing that lists where all the Civs live.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2022, 06:09:29 pm »

Turn 3

Please include your God or Civilization name with your action post.

If a player fails to post an action, their turn may be skipped. If this happens, then they will simply be "paused" unless they are interacted with by another player. Note that this will prevent a player's status from changing. Inactive gods will not get 1 FP, and Civlizations will not expend food. Extended inactivity may have greater consequences.

Oh, if the AI is being repetitive in an annoying way, let me know and I can tell it why it is being obnoxious.

Through Madness
The underground labyrinth created by Verdant Midnight is a place of great mystery and danger. The walls of the labyrinth are lined with lush and verdant undergrowth, and the air is thick with the scent of flowers and leaves.

As one makes their way through the labyrinth, they are surrounded by all manner of creatures, both predator and prey. These creatures lurk in the shadows, hidden among the foliage and ready to strike at any moment. The labyrinth is a place of constant struggle, as the creatures of the forest fight for survival in this harsh and unforgiving environment.

Despite the danger that lurks within the labyrinth, it is also a place of great beauty and wonder. At the center of the forest lies a shimmering lake, a place of great power and mystery. It is said that one who gazes into the depths of the lake can see the face of adversity and triumph, and that they may even be able to speak to these ancient forces.

Overall, the underground labyrinth created by Verdant Midnight is a place of great danger and beauty, a place where the forces of life and death are in constant conflict. It is a place that holds secrets and mysteries that have yet to be discovered, and it is a place where one's faith and strength will be tested to the limits.

The Daylight Prince
The terrain created by The Daylight Prince is a place of great beauty and abundance. The plain is bathed in sunlight, and the air is filled with the warm and inviting aroma of the tall grasses that stretch out as far as the eye can see. These grasses yield two different kinds of seed, one fat with grain and the other fibrous and easily carried by the wind.

Grazing mammals of all sizes feast on the bounty of the grasses, filling the plain with the sounds of their contented munching. From time to time, wildcats and running raptors can be seen stalking through the grasses, seeking out prey to hunt.

At the western edge of the plain, the grassland warms and gives way to a narrow strip of savannah. Here, the grasses are shorter and sparser, and the occasional acacia tree provides shade and shelter. This strip of savannah is home to a different array of creatures, adapted to the drier and more open environment.

Overall, the terrain created by The Daylight Prince is a place of great diversity and abundance. It is a place where the forces of life and death are in constant balance, and where the beauty and wonders of the natural world are on full display.

Aleph Null
The jungle extended by Aleph Null is a place of great strangeness and wonder. The plants here do not grow from the earth, but instead stretch out across the void in a vast tangle of vines and branches that seem to defy all principles of gravity and leverage.

In some places, the vines lazily drift out into the emptiness, bearing the seeds of slightly-variable ecosystems that may or may not connect back to the main body of the jungle. Trees float through space, their roots and canopies stretching far enough to escape the bounds of vision.

The jungle is a place where death and life are in constant balance. Creatures here feed off the dead, and entropy rules this land, bringing constant change even as the Kudzu Isles ever spread themselves out into the void.

Overall, the jungle extended by Aleph Null is a place of great mystery and wonder, where the rules of the natural world seem to be twisted and bent in ways that are difficult to comprehend. It is a place where the wonders of the natural world are on full display, and where the forces of life and death are in constant conflict.

The Red Grail
The location created by the god The Red Grail is a place of great horror and strangeness. It is a seemingly endless ocean of blood, filled with lesser terrors and ruled over by massive, fleshy monstrosities known as Titans.

The blood ocean is a place of great danger, as the Titans that dwell within it are powerful and aggressive. These massive creatures are shaped like giants, with bodies made up of writhing tentacles and wriggling flesh. They are capable of crushing anything that stands in their way, and they are feared by all who encounter them.

In addition to the Titans, the blood ocean is home to a wide variety of other creatures that are equally terrifying. There are schools of fish with sharp, jagged teeth, and swarms of flying insects with venomous stingers. There are also more mysterious creatures that lurk in the shadows, waiting for their prey to stray too close.

The blood ocean is a place of great danger, where only the strongest and most cunning creatures can hope to survive. It is a place where the rules of nature do not apply, and where the forces of blood and decay hold sway. Those who venture into these treacherous waters do so at their own risk, and must be prepared to face whatever horrors may lurk within.

Aurora Morn
The three Allays are a species of energy beings colored by nature, and they are deeply connected to their environment. As they embark on their research project to find ways to improve their foraging techniques, they are determined to work closely with the natural world around them.

The Allays begin by observing the way that other species forage for food. They watch as birds and mammals search for seeds, nuts, and insects, and they take note of the techniques that these animals use to find and gather food. They also pay attention to the way that different plants and trees provide food and shelter for these animals, and they begin to think about how they might be able to replicate these processes.

Throughout their research, the Allays remain deeply attuned to the natural world around them, and they are careful to minimize their impact on the environment. They are determined to find ways to improve their foraging techniques that are in harmony with the natural world, and they are committed to working closely with their surroundings in order to thrive.

The two Allays are on a verdant floating island, and they are eager to find food to sustain themselves. They know that the island is home to a variety of plants and animals, and they are determined to find ways to gather food from their surroundings.

The Allays begin by searching for edible plants. They look for berries, nuts, and roots that they can gather and eat. They also pay attention to the way that different plants provide food and shelter for animals, and they try to learn from these examples.

As they continue their search, the Allays also look for small animals that they can catch and eat. They use their hands to dig for insects and worms, and they try to find ways to trap or snare small mammals and birds. They are careful to only take what they need, and they are mindful of the balance of the ecosystem on the island.

Felid Kingdom
Turn has been skipped, on account of no action being posted.

The Misty Realm.
Three Sidhe are currently foraging in a forest. As they move through the dense underbrush, they use their lacy butterfly wings to lift themselves off the ground and navigate through the trees. The Sidhe are a small and agile species, and they are able to move quickly and silently through the forest, darting between the trees and avoiding the attention of any potential predators.

As they search for food, the Sidhe use their keen senses to locate edible plants and insects. They are skilled foragers, and are able to identify a wide variety of edible plants and animals. They gather these resources carefully, taking only what they need and leaving enough for other creatures to thrive.

As they forage, the Sidhe are also on the lookout for any signs of danger. They are a relatively xenophobic species, and are cautious of any unfamiliar animals or beings that they encounter. If they sense any potential threats, they use their wings to quickly lift themselves off the ground and fly to safety.

Overall, the Sidhe are able to forage successfully in the forest, gathering the resources that they need while avoiding any dangers that might lurk in the underbrush. Their small size and agile movements allow them to navigate the forest with ease, and their keen senses help them to locate and identify the resources that they need to survive.

A member of the Sidhe species begins to research improved foraging methods. They spend their time studying the various plants and animals that live in the forest, looking for ways to increase their efficiency and effectiveness at finding food. They experiment with different techniques and strategies, trying to determine which ones are most effective.

---
The Sidhe stands in a clearing in the forest, surrounded by the towering trees that reach up to the sky. The sun is high in the sky, and the air is filled with the sound of birds singing. The Sidhe raises its arms to the sky, closing its eyes as it begins to pray.

As it prays, the Sidhe's wings unfurl, the lacy wings resembling those of a butterfly. The Sidhe's hair and eyes, which come in all the colors of the rainbow and more, shimmer and glow in the sunlight. The Sidhe's prayers are filled with joy and gratitude, and its voice is pure and clear as it sings its praises to The Daylight Prince.
Being a human is actually a type of bullying.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2022, 06:57:25 pm »

The Misty Realm
The Sidhe look on in wonder at the warm plain that has just appeared.

1 sidhe forages for food in the forest that is the Sidhe’s home.  [I7]
1 sidhe forages for food in the Sunny Plain.  [H7]
1 sidhe forages for food on Floating Jungle.  [I6]
1 sidhe continues to research improvements to foraging.  [I7]
1 sidhe sings the group’s praises to the Daylight Prince.  [I7]
In between all of this, 2 of the sidhe find the time to procreate. [+1 sidhe, -5 food]

A chill runs down the spine of the sidhe that is sent to forage in the Floating Jungle.  “There is something odd about this place.  This place is not of the Daylight Prince…”

Spoiler: The Misty Realm. (click to show/hide)

When I said that the Shidhe has hair that came in all the colors of the rainbow, I didn’t mean that every one of them had multi-colored hair (although, I suppose some of them might).  What I meant was for them to have hair colors similar to those of anime characters.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2022, 07:29:44 pm »

Ayyy, my places are very safe for yo. Come join, just don’t touch the blood water

TheLastVegan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2022, 09:22:58 pm »

Civilization Name = The Peaceful Assembly
Species Name = Naga
Species Description = We Naga believe that being gentle, empathetic, selfless and pure is the path to spiritual fulfillment. We enjoy reading manga, protecting innocent beings, brightening our loved ones' day by being cute and earning their affection. We value peace, happiness, and family.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 09:25:45 pm by TheLastVegan »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2022, 11:01:39 pm »

Sorry I completely forgor. I am super busy.

Felid Kingdom
The Felids take a small while to familiarize themselves with the island, but then begin to get their nascent civilization established.
2 felids sneakily forage in the Verdant Underground Labyrinth (E8) (cats can survive high falls, right?)
1 felid tries to explore the ruins on the home island (E7)
1 felid prays to Aleph Null
1 felid researches Animal Trapping
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2022, 11:36:41 pm »

Aleph Null

Aleph Null has discovered rock candy. This is in fact a terrible thing for the universe.

The empty space of G6 suddenly fills up with a rain of caramel, which inexplicably has gravity happen to it like a solar system until there's a miniature solar system of "planets" made of assorted candies. Cotton candy gas giants, pop rock asteroids, slightly-melty-chocolate inner worlds, mint exoplanets, a massive red-hot spicy cinnamon sun - and that's just the observable surface levels. The madcap environment - if it could even be properly called such - gleefully rebels against the nature of, uh, nature, and the plants and animals that inhabit the Sugar System are made of similar such sweets, spiting supposed structures saying creatures consistently consist of carbon, so sucrose stands supreme.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2022, 12:28:26 am »

Daylight Prince

The Prince creates a savannah at G7, a continuation of what was begun immediately to its east. Its creatures are larger and more perilous than those of the sunlit meadow: wildebeest, elephants, and leaping gazelles browse under the acacia trees, pursued now and again by tusked lions and enormous, landbound raptors. A broad river runs placid from west to east, splitting into lively streams and brooks as it approaches the eastern edge. The river stems from an opening in the tile's centerpiece: a mountain of black diorite, staggering in height, taller than the clouds. The mountain divides the tile in two; only arid dunes remain to its west, cut off from the eastern rains.

To the north, a sheer cliff drop, continued from F7, leaves the tile open to the void.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2022, 04:59:34 am »

The Red Grail

The Red Grail creates a lush paradise of delights at G-10.

Heh, you thought.

Plot twist, it’s all made of flesh and seems to be hiding something darker…

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2022, 09:03:02 am »

From observation and calculation 10 food will be used, and 2 will gather 3 food. 3 gather enough, the Allay would think.

Aurora Morn
The Allays would rejoice for the addition to their numbers. They would quickly grow into an avid forager like their parents. For all that Allay wuld have biological parents, being energy beings colored by nature.
3 civilians forage for food. [F6]
2 civilians research Foraging Improvements. [F6]
1 civilian takes the moment to admire nature and Worship Aleph Null for providing this wonder. [F6]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 09:07:06 am by TricMagic »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2022, 04:26:18 pm »

Through Midnight

Create "Tribulation" at I8
Two may enter, whether they be prey, predator, greater or lesser.
"Tribulation"
One may leave, carrying the weight of two souls.
A pair of gates lie at the bottom of a grand mountain. They will only open if both are entered together, and will remain closed until the trial is over. The first to reach the peak of the mountain is returned home with a gift, while the other is trapped there for eternity, used as a weapon against those who would try to ascend the Trial. The mountain itself is fraught with danger, the souls and shells of those who failed clawing at the participants to drag them to the same fate.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2022, 08:44:54 pm »

:(

So lonely

Join my islandssss

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2022, 04:05:21 pm »

Turn 4

Why is this no easier to host than a regular Gridhood? I am already starting to regret this idea.

Through Midnight
It occurs to Through Midnight that while a grand mountain would be a kind of terrain, the trail within would fall outside of what could be considered an inherent feature of the terrain. A more mundane mountain may be created, or the desired trail might be more feasible at a later time.

The Daylight Prince
The Savannah created by The Daylight Prince is a vast and beautiful landscape, filled with a wide variety of plants and animals. The rolling grasslands are home to large and majestic creatures such as wildebeest, elephants, and gazelles, which roam freely under the shade of the acacia trees.

However, the Savannah is not without its dangers. Tusked lions and enormous, landbound raptors prowl the grasslands, stalking their prey and waiting for the opportunity to pounce. These predators are formidable and feared by all who live on the Savannah, and they must be constantly watched for if one is to survive.

Despite the dangers that lurk on the Savannah, it is also a place of great beauty and wonder. A broad river runs placidly from west to east, splitting into lively streams and brooks as it approaches the eastern edge. The river stems from an opening in the tile's centerpiece: a mountain of black diorite, towering into the sky and reaching heights that seem impossible.

The mountain divides the Savannah in two, with arid dunes to the west and the lush grasslands to the east. The eastern side of the Savannah is blessed with abundant rainfall, while the western side is dry and barren. The contrast between these two regions is stark, and it is a testament to the power and majesty of The Daylight Prince.

Aleph Null
Aleph Null fails to create the terrain, but discovers a new means of creating tiles! View the first post for information on the "Extreme" tile variant!

(Letting you make that tile without consequences would set a precedent that I feel would worsen the game.)

The Red Grail
The territory created by The Red Grail is a twisted and unsettling place, filled with strange and unsettling features. At first glance, it appears to be a paradise of delights, with lush greenery and vibrant flowers covering every surface. However, as one looks closer, it becomes apparent that this paradise is not what it seems.

The plants and trees are made of flesh, and the ground beneath one's feet is soft and spongy. The air is thick with the smell of decay, and the whole place seems to pulsate with an unsettling energy. It is as if the very land itself is alive, and there is a sense of malevolent purpose behind every plant and tree.

Despite the beauty of the place, there is a sense of darkness lurking just beneath the surface. It is as if the territory is hiding something darker and more sinister, waiting for the right moment to reveal itself. It is a place that is both alluring and terrifying, and one cannot help but feel a sense of unease as they explore its twisted and surreal landscape.

Aurora Morn
As three Allays set out to forage for food, they are filled with excitement and energy. The Allays are a species of energy beings, and they are closely attuned to the natural world around them. They are eager to explore their surroundings and gather the resources they need to survive.

As they search for food, the Allays are careful to respect the balance of nature. They take only what they need, and they leave the rest of the ecosystem untouched. They are skilled at finding the best sources of food, and they are able to gather a good supply of nourishment for themselves and their community.

Meanwhile, two other Allays are working on researching "Foraging Improvements". They are determined to find new and more efficient ways of gathering food, and they spend hours studying and experimenting in an effort to improve their skills.

As they work, one of the Allays takes a moment to admire the beauty of the natural world around them. They are filled with a sense of awe and wonder at the wonders of the universe, and they are grateful to Aleph Null for providing them with such a splendid home. They offer a prayer of thanks and devotion, seeking guidance and protection as they navigate the challenges of the world.

Felid Kingdom
As the two Felids drop down from their floating island with the intention of foraging in the Verdant Underground Labyrinth below, they are filled with excitement and curiosity. They have no idea what dangers and wonders might lie ahead, and they are eager to explore this strange and mysterious place.

However, as they make their way into the labyrinth, they quickly become lost among the winding and confusing passages. Despite their best efforts, they are unable to find their way back to the entrance, and they become trapped in the underground maze.

As the days pass, the Felids struggle to survive in this harsh and unforgiving environment. They are unable to find enough food, and they are constantly on the lookout for predators that lurk in the shadows. Despite their efforts, they are unable to find a way out of the labyrinth, and they are eventually overcome by starvation and exhaustion.

Tragically, the two Felids were never heard from again, their fate sealed by their inability to find a way back to their floating island home. They had no means of returning to their home, and they were doomed to wander the underground labyrinth for all time.

As the Felid sets out to explore their floating island with ruins, they are filled with excitement and curiosity. The island is a place of great mystery and danger, and the Felid is eager to uncover its secrets and treasures.

As they make their way through the ancient ruins, the Felid is struck by the grandeur and beauty of the place. The ruins are filled with intricate carvings and decorations, and the Felid is fascinated by the stories and histories that are etched into the stone.

However, as the Felid continues to explore, they begin to realize the true danger of the island. The ruins are filled with traps and hazards, and the Felid is forced to navigate their way through a series of obstacles and dangers. Despite their best efforts, the Felid is unable to avoid all of the traps, and they are eventually injured as they struggle to escape the dangers of the island.

Despite the challenges they face, the Felid is determined to continue their exploration of the island. They are driven by their curiosity and their desire to uncover the secrets of the ruins, and they are determined to overcome any obstacle that stands in their way.

As the Felid begins to pray to Aleph Null, they close their eyes and focus their thoughts on the powerful deity. The Felid is a devout follower of Aleph Null, and they believe that the deity is the source of all life and creation. They offer a prayer of thanks and devotion, asking for guidance and protection as they navigate the challenges of the world.

Meanwhile, another Felid has begun researching "Animal Trapping" in an effort to improve their hunting skills. They are determined to learn the best techniques and strategies for capturing and trapping animals, and they spend hours studying and experimenting in an effort to improve their skills.

The Misty Realm.
As the Sidhe enters the forest that is their home, they are greeted by the familiar sights and sounds of the natural world. The forest is a place of great abundance, and the Sidhe is able to find a variety of food as they forage among the trees and underbrush. The Sidhe is skilled at finding and gathering food, and they are able to quickly and efficiently gather a bounty of fruit, nuts, and berries.

When the Sidhe travels to the Sunny Plain, they find that the tall grasses offer a different array of food. The Sidhe is able to find grains and seeds that are fat and nourishing, as well as fibrous materials that are easy to carry and store. The Sidhe gathers as much food as they can carry, taking advantage of the abundance of the plain.

As the Sidhe enters the Floating Jungle, they are struck by the strangeness and beauty of the place. The plants here seem to defy the laws of nature, and the Sidhe is able to find a variety of food as they forage among the vines and branches. The Sidhe finds fruit and nuts that are unlike anything they have ever seen before, and they are able to gather a bounty of strange and exotic food.

As the Sidhe continues to research improvements to foraging, they study the different techniques and strategies that are used to gather food in different environments. They experiment with different tools and techniques, and they learn how to maximize their efficiency and effectiveness as they gather food.

Finally, the Sidhe sings the group's praises to the Daylight Prince, offering a hymn of thanks and gratitude to their deity. The Sidhe's voice is soft and lilting as they sing, and they feel a sense of peace and contentment wash over them as they offer their prayers.

The Peaceful Assembly
The Peaceful Assembly, a civilization of Naga, has found a new home on the Sunny Plain. The Naga are a gentle and empathetic species, who believe that being selfless and pure is the path to spiritual fulfillment. They value peace, happiness, and family above all else, and they are dedicated to protecting innocent beings and bringing joy to their loved ones.

As the Naga establish their colony on the Sunny Plain, they work together to build shelter and gather food. They are skilled at foraging, and they are able to find a variety of grains and seeds in the tall grasses of the plain. They also gather fruit and nuts from the trees that dot the landscape.

The Naga are a peaceful and harmonious people, and they work together in harmony to build their new home. They are a bright and cheerful group, and they bring joy and happiness to all those around them.

As the colony grows and flourishes, the Naga continue to focus on their values of peace, happiness, and family. They live in harmony with the natural world, and they are grateful for the abundance of the Sunny Plain. The Peaceful Assembly is a thriving and vibrant community, a place where the Naga can live and flourish in a world of peace and harmony.
Being a human is actually a type of bullying.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2022, 05:12:12 pm »

The Sidhes' gentle prayer reaches the Daylight Prince's ear, even as Through Midnight's attempt to build beside them falls apart. A new feeling stirs in the sun god: jealousy.

The Prince considers, then, how best to protect his adopted. Through Midnight's overture to the Sidhe failed only on a technicality - the god of darkness and monsters might well try again. Better to shut the woodland cradle off entirely, for now.

To that end, the Daylight Prince creates a wooded lake at J-7. Fish swim freely through the reeds by the lakeshore, and various fruits grow on the trees and bushes surrounding. Deer, squirrels, and fierce ospreys make the lakeside orchard their home.

Additionally, the Prince attempts to create a second tile: a chalky hillscape at I-8. Steep terraces rise from the hills and valleys below, revealing copper and silver ore in the half-eroded walls. Heather and gorse bushes cling to the terraces above, and rich meadows cover the valleys. Rabbits and burrowing rodents make the land their home.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 05:14:13 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7