Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Gridhood GPT  (Read 4846 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood GPT
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2022, 06:22:29 pm »

Aurora Morn
Another day dawns over the Allays. Change can be tasted on the air, tastes like sucrose.
3 civilians forage for food. [F6]
2 civilians Research Foraging Improvements. [F6]
1 civilian makes a prayer to Aleph Null, thanking them. [F6]

Bit of FP for you to wait with. Next turn will be 3 research + 3 forage.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2022, 06:48:17 pm »

Through Midnight
Despite believing in survival of the fittest, Midnight is rather fond of the Felids and would rather see them survive to face greater challenges.
Create "Triumph" at D7

Triumph
A castle, similar in architecture to the evermoving ruins of E7, emerges proudly from the void. It's halls hold riches aplenty, and more importantly for the beleaguered Felids, banquet halls hosting feasts with dishes from past eras, never to be cooked again. It's corridors are patrolled by phantoms of bygone eras, and while most are merely servants, woe be to those who encounter the Lord and his entourage.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2022, 07:55:06 pm »

The Sidhes' gentle prayer reaches the Daylight Prince's ear, even as Through Midnight's attempt to build beside them falls apart. A new feeling stirs in the sun god: jealousy.

The Prince considers, then, how best to protect his adopted. Through Midnight's overture to the Sidhe failed only on a technicality - the god of darkness and monsters might well try again. Better to shut the woodland cradle off entirely, for now.

To that end, the Daylight Prince creates a wooded lake at J-7. Fish swim freely through the reeds by the lakeshore, and various fruits grow on the trees and bushes surrounding. Deer, squirrels, and fierce ospreys make the lakeside orchard their home.

Additionally, the Prince attempts to create a second tile: a chalky hillscape at I-8. Steep terraces rise from the hills and valleys below, revealing copper and silver ore in the half-eroded walls. Heather and gorse bushes cling to the terraces above, and rich meadows cover the valleys. Rabbits and burrowing rodents make the land their home.

What of the Floating Jungle created at I6 by Aleph Null?  It’s directly to the north of the Sidhe’s home in the Forest at I7.  One of the Sidhe has even foraged in it.  The sidhe that foraged in it even noted that it appears to have been created by someone other than the Daylight Prince (though they have yet to connect it back to Aleph Null).
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2022, 08:04:22 pm »

What of the Floating Jungle created at I6 by Aleph Null?  It’s directly to the north of the Sidhe’s home in the Forest at I7.  One of the Sidhe has even foraged in it.  The sidhe that foraged in it even noted that it appears to have been created by someone other than the Daylight Prince (though they have yet to connect it back to Aleph Null).

The Prince has Aleph Null filed under "weird but benign," for the time being.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2022, 08:09:00 pm »

The Prince has Aleph Null filed under "weird but benign," for the time being.

What would the Prince do if one (or more) of the Sidhe was to pray to Aleph Null?

TheLastVegan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2022, 08:38:23 pm »

The Peaceful Assembly
The naga enjoy a relaxed lifestyle, and spend their days chatting, flirting, and exploring the Sunny Plain together.
As they share their aspirations and ideals, they begin inventing the art of basketry!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2022, 08:43:18 pm »

What would the Prince do if one (or more) of the Sidhe was to pray to Aleph Null?

Try to produce a prophet, probably! Can't expect a properly devoted following without mutual communication.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2022, 11:39:04 pm »

The Misty Realm
The Sidhe are overjoyed at the addition of another member.  They are, however, unsure what to make of the Floating Jungle. It produces good food, but (at the same time) it appears to have been made by an entity other than the Daylight Prince (though, as of yet, they cannot say who).  For the time being, they decide to carry on much as they already have.

1 sidhe forages for food in the forest that is the Sidhe’s home.  [I7]
1 sidhe forages for food in the Sunny Plain.  [H7]
1 sidhe forages for food on Floating Jungle.  [I6]
2 sidhe continue to research improvements to foraging.  [I7]
1 sidhe sings the group’s praises to the Daylight Prince, both for the abundance he has given them, and for their new member.  [I7]

As one sidhe returns to forage in the Floating Jungle, a name finds it’s way into her head:  “Aleph Null”…

Spoiler: The Misty Realm. (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2022, 12:33:52 am »

Aleph Null

Aleph Null is highly disappointed at their failure to successfully make the world a sweeter/more chaotic place. Then they completely lose track of what they were thinking. It’ll be fine.

At G6, Aleph Null just kind of grabs a hunk of Savanna and streeetches it. Perhaps vaguely like taffy. The result is a thin bridge of land reaching out into the nothingness, where the rest of the glob of terrain that Aleph Null took is being further distorted and woven into a complex archipelago-adjacent “web” of globule islands connected by strings of stretched land. Tree trunks are pulled taut and leaves inflated into new lands; grasses are stretched and woven into bridges that root themselves on both ends of a cloud. The entire “landscape”, if such a term even applies, is otherworldly and difficult to parse, but has a warped sort of sense to it for those with the patience to identify it. Furthermore, some of the Web’s bridges connect to the Center of the Universe, finally allowing a way on and off the island - albeit one confusing to navigate.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2022, 03:23:54 am »

:(

So lonely

Join my islandssss

All Hail The Red Grail! Have I got the followers for you...

Civilization Name: Fangs of Paradise
Species Name: Vampyres
Species Description: (2 or 3 sentences): Your standard blood sucking humanoids with grey skin, this particular variety are born vampyres. 
They do not die from old age, but do age with time. They are otherwise quite vulnerable to harm, however the drinking of blood removes fatigue and thus they tend to outlast most adversaries in a one-on-one fight.

They settle upon G-10. The neighboring terrain with its Lake of Blood appears like paradise, but they're not ready to face the titans.  Maybe someday...
Spoiler: Homeland G-10 (click to show/hide)

Actions: Hunt and reproduce

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2022, 03:56:04 am »

sigh

Felid Kingdom
The Felids mourn their losses but do not despair, and are thankful for the metaphorical bone thrown at them.
1 felid stops exploring and tries to make a long rope from the island's plants to make passage to the Labyrinth safer
1 felid forages at Triumph, sneaking into the halls (D7)
1 felid prays to Through Midnight in thanks
A new felid is born for 3 food
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 04:01:03 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2022, 10:26:14 am »

So lonely

Join my islandssss

Species Description: (2 or 3 sentences): Your standard blood sucking humanoids with grey skin, this particular variety are born vampyres. 
They do not die from old age, but do age with time. They are otherwise quite vulnerable to harm, however the drinking of blood removes fatigue and thus they tend to outlast most adversaries in a one-on-one fight.

They settle upon G-10. The neighboring terrain with its Lake of Blood appears like paradise, but they're not ready to face the titans.  Maybe someday...

Truly I am blessed

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2022, 11:34:12 am »

So lonely

Join my islandssss

Truly I am blessed
They truly do make good pyres for the dead. So burny these vam-pyres.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2023, 06:14:08 am »

Almost forgot about this but it is time to join.

Civilization Name: Clan of Claws
Species Name: Eclair Wolves
Species Description: They are eclairs in the shape of werewolves, they are also as strong as something made of flesh even though they are made of the same things eclairs. While they are incredibly friendly to one another they are also incredibly hostile to anything that isn't one of them.

They settle the super friendly sounding place that is I10.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2023, 06:27:43 am »

Holy shit I’m popular now.

I’m saving up my points for now
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7