Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disabling Monarch coming?  (Read 712 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Disabling Monarch coming?
« on: December 24, 2022, 03:03:49 pm »

The monarch arriving is just kind of a pain: The outpost liason moves in so no more requesting specific items from dwarven caravans, not to mention the legion of visiting nobles that end staying in your fortress just taking up space and fps.

Someone figures a way to disable it? I'm thinking that the "land holder population trigger" and similar fields in the difficulty menu might be able to handle it, but it's rather undocumented at the moment, so I'm not sure. Anyone messed with it already and know if changing those might allow me to make it effectively impossible for the king to come (at least without discovering HFS)?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Disabling Monarch coming?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 08:57:16 pm »

Now, so much has changed since last version that I could be wrong, but isn't the monarch's arrival dependent on donating a certain amount to the caravan? If you don't donate, you don't get a monarch.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disabling Monarch coming?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 03:21:02 am »

I can't remember if the monarch is landholder 5 or if they even have a game configuration. Turning off the monarch's arrival (and barony elevation) via embark configs would be a QoL assurance to some players who don't typically want to progress past mayorship on smaller scale (normally they'd just mod it out or create a alternative origin civ to play as, but the new barony wagons makes it awkward.)

Aaaand a very small step towards more customized embark setups, like the scenario arc to condense these settings into ready deployable situations, like saying the player is a separatist faction of nobles and won't recieve any further support or recognition from the mountainhome, and must work out their own civilization's setup.