Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!  (Read 11696 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2022, 07:21:02 pm »

Bravo, and Pass me one of those soul trackers!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2022, 09:29:24 pm »

Alpha.

Well, somebody has to be the distraction, and I don't think a mech is very adept at stealth.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2022, 03:45:45 am »

Bravo
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2022, 05:27:29 am »

Bravo and pass me a soul tracker!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 05:42:03 pm by Fluffe9911 »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2022, 07:19:18 pm »

charlie and a soul tracker
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2022, 07:29:14 pm »

its honestly somewhat surprising almost everyone is going into the cramped mine alongside the ""Medic"" with a Tactical Nuclear Bomb strapped to his back.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2022, 07:30:16 pm »

Bravo's a deathtrap, I'll take Charlie.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2022, 02:29:27 am »

its honestly somewhat surprising almost everyone is going into the cramped mine alongside the ""Medic"" with a Tactical Nuclear Bomb strapped to his back.
I see nothing wrong with everyone going into a cramped mine with a nuclear bomb, we'll be fine.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2022, 05:03:36 am »

I see nothing wrong with everyone going into a cramped mine with a nuclear bomb, we'll be fine.

I just went bravo cause it had the most people in it as such my ability would work the best.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2022, 05:16:26 am »

Bravo, and Pass me one of those soul trackers!
Bravo and pass me a soul tracker!
charlie and a soul tracker

You each are given one of the soultrackers.  They're bulky, the size of a tablet or large book, but most of that mass is apparently hardening to make them nearly impossible to break.  The actual functional parts are quite simple: a switch you're supposed to flick once the magical girl is captured, which will bring bring down the perimeter wall once all three switches are flicked, and a button which sends out a ping to detect the magical girl's location.  A small screen in the center will show an arrow pointing towards her, once activated.

Bravo team:

The four of you quickly make your way to the mine entrance.  It's difficult to find; the road that once led to it has completely fallen been reclaimed by the wilds, and the entrance itself is quite small.  You all miss it at first, walking directly past it, with Kevin only noticing as he brings up the rear.  His sixth sense detects the hollow, and calls everyone to look.

Directly behind a large bush, there is a gaping hole in the earth.  The entrance has partly filled up with dirt, forcing you to crouch if you wish to enter.  That said, when Bob activates his helmet's light to look inside, he reports that the cave looks nice, clear and somewhat roomy.  He says they'll easily fit inside and won't have trouble heading through, especially not Joe since he doesn't have bulky armor.  Which the rest of the team recognizes as Bob's characteristic optimism--being realistic, it'll be a little tight for all of them except Joe, and they might have trouble if it comes to a fight, but they shouldn't have any difficulty making progress.

Charlie Team:

The Whisperer and the Australian both head into the wilderness, finding their own paths through the untamed woods.  While they take roughly the same route up the mountainside, their methods of traversal are entirely different.  The Australian, used to hunting in the wild, sliently grapples from tree to tree.  His experienced eye keeps watch as his heavily-armored partner below simply bulldozes a path through the undergrowth.  Wielding a warglaive in each hand, the Whisperer smashes through the vegetation as much as he cuts into it.  Between the raw power his exoskeleton grants, and his natural talent for destruction, he makes progress nearly as fast as his agile friend above.  It's impressive to watch, much as the Australian disdains the amount of noise the ironically-titled Whisperer is making.

Alpha "Team":

Gerald advances alone along the main road, heading up the mountain alone in his minimech.  Despite the fact that his mech was described as being "slow", he is very happy to find that it's really not a problem when he has time to get up to speed; it accelerates slowly, but once it gets into a sprint it can really eat up distance.  The main problem is that this is a mountain road, and as such has lots of tight turns that force him to slow down, and then slowly resume accelerating on.  Still, he's easily outpacing what he could do were he on foot.  And all in the comfort of his padded cockpit, with the leisure time to look around at the scenery through the many external cameras.  This really is a beautiful area, almost untouched woods as far as he can see.  He decides that, after the magical girl is captured, he's gonna get out of the mech and find a nice spot to sit and take in the view.  He did bring a packed lunch in the small cargo space of the mech, today looks like a perfect day for a picnic!

Everyone:

Suddenly, a deep rumble comes through the air.  It's not like an earthquake; nothing rattles, or shakes.  Instead, it's felt internally, inside your bones and inside your skull.  It makes you feel unsteady, wobbly, like you're being shifted from side to side, even though your body doesn't move at all in response.  The disorienting sensation builds, and for a brief moment you feel like you're looking at yourself from a distance, in third person--and then there's a sudden snap, and it's all gone, with your body feeling totally fine.

You look upwards, and nod as you realize what has happened.  The previously bright blue sky has been replaced with a featureless white.  The perimeter barrier has been put up, and the mission is starting for real.

The hunt has begun.

Alpha Team:

Bravo Team:
Spoiler: Kevin (saki) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Bob (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

Charlie Team:

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2022, 09:33:43 am »

Who needs heavy armor when you have enough explosives to level a city on your back? me, and my bomb go in the hole.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2022, 11:12:53 am »

((Aw man, no SMAK commander?  Not even a peanut gallery mission control?  Oh well, I'm sure they'll do fine~))

((If it helps, I was very tempted to make a bloke and join in, it seems fun and kinda scratches that mechs vs mages itch. But unfortunately it's probably not a good idea for me to commit to a new game right now, so I'll just watch. Maybe I can hop in later, who knows.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2022, 12:41:10 pm »

Press the ping button wait for the guy with a nuke on his back to go through the hole and if he doesn't blow up follow after him

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2022, 12:52:20 pm »

Move forwards towards the suspected dwelling of the Magical Girl.

"I hope she comes out alright after reprocessing. It's a shame we have to do this to children, but it's for their own good."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2022, 01:23:12 pm »

Keep advancing, try to find a vantage point overlooking the mine entrance(s).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9