Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Safety first :)  (Read 1658 times)

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Safety first :)
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:07:00 pm »

Always wear a helm if your going to attack human towns, my last adventurer i did this with got his eye ripped out by a bolt. The next thing i notice is that i cant shoot straight, i never knew the game really cared about eyes.

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Safety first :)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 07:07:00 pm »

I still can't possibly comprehend how a single bolt can rip out two of your eyes.

Lavastine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 07:25:00 pm »

shot from the side?

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 02:25:00 am »

Actually only one of his eyes got taken out as i said. what i ment by the game really caring about eyes, i was talking about eyes in general  :).

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 04:41:00 am »

Speaking of "hollow point" arrows, I've had one shot that left a minotaur with a shredded nose, a ripped throat, and a damaged eye, before getting "firmly lodged" in the brain. I can't even imagine the angle at which you'd have to shoot to achieve that result.  :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 05:28:00 am »

Perhaps the arrow hit the forehead, split at the halfway point, the first half sliding down the skull and going down through the nose into the neck and the second half piercing the skull? Eh? Eh?

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 11:00:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TotalPigeon:
<STRONG>Perhaps the arrow hit the forehead, split at the halfway point, the first half sliding down the skull and going down through the nose into the neck and the second half piercing the skull? Eh? Eh?</STRONG>

that's a damn good arrow

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 12:18:00 pm »

Nah, its a shoddy one - it broke on impact with someones face. Can't use that arrow again, no sir-ree.

Damn lucky shot though.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 02:35:00 pm »

Lucky it may be, but that elven bow-woman was still stomped by an elephant on her way to town, along with two swordsmen and another bowman. Actually no, one swordsman was heavily injured by a lion in that encounter, and then I decided I could take on a passing elephant. How LOTR-ish...

That minotaur must have really had a bad day afterwards, because he lived, at least for some time. When he showed up, I shot him - with the mentioned results - and he fell unconscious. We were quite overwhelmed with antmen and batmen (and a troll) at that same moment, and after we were through with them, I couldn't find the damn creature, so we left - for the town, as we thought(I didn't have a quest, was just exploring).

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>Speaking of "hollow point" arrows, I've had one shot that left a minotaur with a shredded nose, a ripped throat, and a damaged eye, before getting "firmly lodged" in the brain. I can't even imagine the angle at which you'd have to shoot to achieve that result.   :)</STRONG>

It hit him in the throat, through the nose, through an eye before geting lodged in the frontal lobe.

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 07:23:00 pm »

quote:
Speaking of "hollow point" arrows, I've had one shot that left a minotaur with a shredded nose, a ripped throat, and a damaged eye, before getting "firmly lodged" in the brain. I can't even imagine the angle at which you'd have to shoot to achieve that result.

Well, it could have hit the bit between your eye and nose... that'd mess up your eye and shred your nose. Plus if it was at the right angle (pointing down steeply) then it could go through the front of the brain and into the top of the throat...

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 08:16:00 pm »

I remember throwing a masterwork greatax and beheading a zombie elephant in one hit.

Missile damage is pretty wonky, one time a rock hot my opponent in the head and somehow managed to take out his spleen.

Unless minotaurs have wierd head-spleens we dont know about thats pretty wack  :D

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Narushima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Heliopios:
<STRONG>I still can't possibly comprehend how a single bolt can rip out two of your eyes.</STRONG>

Like We say in french : TGCM !

In a more simple way  : it's a game. Not real life.

[ May 26, 2007: Message edited by: Narushima ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 03:25:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Grek:
<STRONG>

It hit him in the throat, through the nose, through an eye before geting lodged in the frontal lobe.</STRONG>

I'd have to shoot him from below for that to work.  :)

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 09:51:00 am »

Yeah, from below, right through his entire body. The throat-nose-eye-brain is just the icing on that shot  :D

Then again, maybe he was leaning forward over Sean, sticking his neck out while Sean carefully placed the crossbow against his neck from below and shot through it... yeah, I can see that.

Pages: [1] 2