Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Monarch. (Steam Version 50.03)  (Read 839 times)

TDSS02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lets talk about the Monarch. (Steam Version 50.03)
« on: December 20, 2022, 10:17:29 am »

Hello everyone! so, while playing my game I noticed that I had a queen...no idea how or when that happened. I capped the pop at 100. Honestly I thought my fort was a shit hole to be able to get a Monarch lol. I say this because honestly I am having a hard enough time as it is trying get everything in order and re-learn the game while at the same time trying to not die a horrible death from just about everything haha. I really don't need a snooty Queen breathing down my neck making me do things. So, how do people "deal" with Monarchs and other high ranking nobles? Do you kill them? If so how? What are the implications of killing a Monarch? Some kind of civil war lol.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 10:36:04 am by TDSS02 »
Quote from: piecewise on March 14, 2010, 06:22:02 am
  Dwarf Fortress: Beat children with children.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets talk about the Monarch. (Steam Version 50.03)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 10:50:36 am »

The capital of your civ was probably conquered and one of your dwarves inherited the title. Same thing happened to me on my last run. I give them what they want (more or less) and they give my dwarves someone to yell at to get a positive thought.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

TDSS02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 10:54:53 am »

Hmmm, I wonder if it even matters if I kill her in some way. Wouldn't another Queen be appointed and the cycle of pain and misery would continue lol.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 11:06:10 am »

Hmmm, I wonder if it even matters if I kill her in some way. Wouldn't another Queen be appointed and the cycle of pain and misery would continue lol.

Just take note of her likes, demands and export bans. If they are simple its best to keep her lest risking to get someone else as queen that would demand annoying things or ban exports on things you would like to sell.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

TDSS02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 11:11:14 am »

Just take note of her likes, demands and export bans. If they are simple its best to keep her lest risking to get someone else as queen that would demand annoying things or ban exports on things you would like to sell.

That's a good call. I actually don't know what she likes and dislikes. I'll check it later when I load up the game.  :)