Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dateline: To catch a vampire  (Read 529 times)

sanchezman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dateline: To catch a vampire
« on: December 19, 2022, 05:36:45 pm »

I haven't played DF fortress mode since before the villainous plot arc.  Now the justice and investigation system is so different, I'm having trouble with crimes in my fort.

There's at least one vampire running around, but my Captain of the Guard hasn't caught them.  So far, all I can do is schedule interviews with everyone in the fort, but nobody has confessed and the bodies are piling up.  Furthermore, my investigator was so busy interviewing the whole fortress that 3 artifacts got stolen from my museum.  By the time she got around to interviewing for the thefts, the artifacts had all left the site.

What can I do to improve my success rate?  Scheduling 100+ interviews in the steam version is tedious, and requires 200+ clicks and endless scrolling.  So far though, it's the only thing I can do when there are no witnesses.  I thought about hiring a better Captain of the Guard, but it seems like nobody has any relevant skills.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Dateline: To catch a vampire
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 08:15:51 pm »

You're playing the steam version? Go to the units list and look closely at the portrait of each dwarf. Undead, including vampires, have blue skin now. Makes you wonder how they blend in, ha!

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Dateline: To catch a vampire
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 11:54:21 am »

You're playing the steam version? Go to the units list and look closely at the portrait of each dwarf. Undead, including vampires, have blue skin now. Makes you wonder how they blend in, ha!

What? Really? Maybe someone got inspired by Skyrim, where a vampire DLC makes every vampire instantly recognisable... by players, not by NPCs, which is very odd to me.