Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Steam) Missions not working in the new version?  (Read 849 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Steam) Missions not working in the new version?
« on: December 17, 2022, 09:05:06 pm »

Using Steam version, I was trying to send a few raiders and tribute demand missions out, but it doesn't seem to work.

Specifically, I send the mission out, they spend a bit of time away, then I get the (non-major) announcement that they have returned, but nothing else, doesn't seem to bring any loot, or really do anything at all.

Am I missing something? New version is bugged? Something on my end?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Steam) Missions not working in the new version?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 10:28:48 pm »

I searched a bit and could not find anything . . . so yeah, seems to be missing.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2022, 12:34:28 pm »

Yeah I noted this on the Discord to resounding silence.  Hopefully they fix this soon.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Kuria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2022, 01:51:01 pm »

Using Steam version, I was trying to send a few raiders and tribute demand missions out, but it doesn't seem to work.

Specifically, I send the mission out, they spend a bit of time away, then I get the (non-major) announcement that they have returned, but nothing else, doesn't seem to bring any loot, or really do anything at all.

There are mission reports in the World/Civ info screen, you can check if there was a report.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 04:16:39 pm »

There are mission reports in the World/Civ info screen, you can check if there was a report.
Ah, found it. Now if only it could just let me scroll through the whole thing instead of doing a line by the line animated thingy.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.