Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Favored Weapons?  (Read 1989 times)

Kinneus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Favored Weapons?
« on: December 02, 2006, 10:01:00 am »

Which weapons do you guys prefer for Adventurer Mode?
I used pikes for a long time, just because they seemed to be more damage. Sometimes I switch over to hammers, however, because they don't get stuck in wounds, and they tend to "propel" enemies a lot, making for great crowd control.
What are the advantages of the other weapon types? Are some inherently better than others?
"A child pulled me aside today. He asked me why it was so white outside.
I told him that everything was covered in snow.
He asked me what was below the snow.
I told him that bones were below the snow."
-Captain Mayday

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favored Weapons?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 12:30:00 pm »

When I use battleaxes, it seems that I cut off a lot more limbs. I'll have bits flying everywhere.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 03:37:00 pm »

I started using maces and continue using maces, but I also tend to prefer wrestling. I like maces because they- dont get stuck, are the best way to beat the **** out of something short of wrestling in my opinion, and you can knock enemies back with them. Ive always enjoyed knocking aligators/snakemen/lizardmen back into the water they came from as a finishing blow.

[ December 02, 2006: Message edited by: AlanL ]

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 05:42:00 pm »

I love using hammers.  Almost every hit I make sends enemies flying into a wall and usually breaks a few bones.  Its a great weapon when fighting hordes of monsters.  Just knock them all unconcious/send them flying/break their legs and after they're all incapacitated take your sweet time making them mush.

Teehee.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 08:07:00 pm »

I vary. Axes do seem to result in lots of missing bodyparts, but swords can be fun too, since you get a similar cutting power with more chance to, say, slice open their heart. I used to swear by spears but decided that I didn't like them so much after realizing that without a LOT of skill and strength they don't do so well against ironmen. Maces and hammers I treat as being pretty much the same. I'm not really a huge fan of the blunt weapons.

Speaking of weapons... it's driving me nuts how the game ALWAYS spawns you with a shield. I hate going around recruiting a bunch of human axemen, only to find that they're not as effective as they ought to be because they've got a halberd in one hand and a shield in the other.

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 07:42:00 pm »

I know that picks use the mining skill. If you equip one in Adventure mode, can you gain skill in mining? (Not that mining is implemented for Adventure mode, of course.)

Disruptive Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.relicnews.com
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 11:01:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gakidou:
<STRONG>I know that picks use the mining skill. If you equip one in Adventure mode, can you gain skill in mining? (Not that mining is implemented for Adventure mode, of course.)</STRONG>

Yes, just like weapon skills.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 05:44:00 pm »

You're all wrong with your preferences, the true path is simple. Let me share the true path with you so you may be enlightened.

Thrown Animals and Bodyparts.

Also, Bludgeoning people with bodyparts (or even entire bodies.) is a perfecrtly acceptable alternative.

Olix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 08:14:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Silleh Boy:
<STRONG>You're all wrong with your preferences, the true path is simple. Let me share the true path with you so you may be enlightened.

Thrown Animals and Bodyparts.

Also, Bludgeoning people with bodyparts (or even entire bodies.) is a perfecrtly acceptable alternative.</STRONG>

Yes! This is how it should be done. You descend into an ruin infested by the undead... you kill the first skeleton you come across with a handy stone you found on the ground - you then prize of the skeletons skull and one of its arms, and kill the rest of the undead mod using an arm as your club and a skull as your shield. zombie corpses make handy projectile weapons, too.

'tis the manly way to adventure.

Olix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 08:33:00 am »

Gah! triple post! Sorry.

[ December 10, 2006: Message edited by: Olix ]

Olix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 08:34:00 am »

[ December 10, 2006: Message edited by: Olix ]

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 10:45:00 pm »

what is tthe ambush skill for..? and how do u use it?

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 10:48:00 pm »

Its for sneaking, use the hide key.

adron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 10:48:00 pm »

sneaking...
shift + s

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 06:28:00 pm »

Use it to get one square away from archers and still have them pierce both of your lungs with those damn arrows.   :mad:
Pages: [1] 2