Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Little" Details  (Read 416 times)

Dwarft Punk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
"Little" Details
« on: December 11, 2022, 05:10:07 am »

I'm loving this new phase of Dwarf Fortress. This update certainly gave quality of life to this wonderful simulator. Also, the songs are fantastic but we need more!

I know that many updates will come as this is only the beginning but I would like to give my opinion for possible implementations in the game.
  • It would be interesting if there was an option to set the number of tiles traversed by the map when moving the view on the x and y axes (awsd).
  • It would also be interesting for the characters' sprites to change from left to right according to the orientation in which they move.
  • I would also like it to be possible to see the number of selected parts somewhere on the screen like in the original version.
  • Add more music and sounds to the game. Sounds for each type of activity. For example, when we clicked on a specific wordshop, it would play sounds referring to that wordshop, like in Age of Empires.
  • Bring back the announcement/report log like in original version.

Since it's still early days, I know more updates and fixes are on the way, so that's all.

Many thanks to everyone involved in this incredible project.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 05:13:29 am by Dwarft Punk »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Little" Details
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 10:34:23 am »

• I would also like it to be possible to see the number of selected parts somewhere on the screen like in the original version.
I don't know what this means. Parts of what?

• Add more music and sounds to the game. Sounds for each type of activity. For example, when we clicked on a specific wordshop, it would play sounds referring to that wordshop, like in Age of Empires.
I really don't want the game spewing a constant stream on unimportant sound effects, so maybe this could be an option.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Dwarft Punk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 11:16:02 am »

Sorry, I was referring to xyz space selection, 3x3x3 or 2x2 for exemple. I don't see any value shown on the screen that shows me the total number of selected tiles.

And about sounds, I didn't think of anything too aggressive, just something that would give us a little more immersion with the environment.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 03:58:50 am »

+1 on the sounds, the game was immersive with soundsense and the new version's screen-location based background ambiance is something truly amazing.