Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: (ISG) Cure  (Read 11806 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Cure
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2022, 12:12:38 pm »

That- umm. Get the door open. No matter what that's what we need to be doing now. Shouldn't be too complex, just put the hook end in the key hole and feel around for something to manipulate.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2022, 02:59:05 pm »

Grab critter, hug critter. Is emotional support critter now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2022, 03:00:15 pm »

+1
not too hard tho, we don't want critter to get noisy again
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2022, 03:10:02 pm »

That- umm. Get the door open. No matter what that's what we need to be doing now. Shouldn't be too complex, just put the hook end in the key hole and feel around for something to manipulate.
+1 also, check to see what else we have in our pockets (depending on how realistic the GM is being, we may need a tensioning wrench to go along with that lockpick.  Also, depending on the type of lock, a skeleton key may have been more appropriate.  …I’ll shut up now before God kills our catgirl.).

+1

+1 Good idea.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2022, 06:16:58 pm »

He dancin'

((I'd be terrified of it as well, with that swag and those sick dancing moves!))

AHHH It's adorable!

+1

+1 Keep it, keep it! ...We can adore the cute noises again later, when it's safer.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2022, 01:32:12 am »

+1 also, check to see what else we have in our pockets (depending on how realistic the GM is being, we may need a tensioning wrench to go along with that lockpick.  Also, depending on the type of lock, a skeleton key may have been more appropriate.  …I’ll shut up now before God kills our catgirl.).

+1

+1 Good idea.
+1 All good ideas.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2022, 06:57:03 am »

He dancin'

((I'd be terrified of it as well, with that swag and those sick dancing moves!))

AHHH It's adorable!

+1

+1 Keep it, keep it! ...We can adore the cute noises again later, when it's safer.
+1
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2022, 10:18:11 am »

Don't touch that thing, you don't know where it's been!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2022, 01:25:53 am »

Of course we do, it's been in the pot!
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2022, 11:29:12 am »

You kneel down, inspecting the strange creature.  It waddles over towards you a little, staring up at you with wide, friendly eyes.  It either doesn’t realize you dropped it, or doesn’t mind.  Maybe it’s just so fat that a fall doesn’t really hurt it?

You give it a cautious poke, which the strange creature leans into, making a happy little noise as it rubs against your finger.  Its bare skin is soft, smooth, and a little warm.  It seems to be brightly colored, and though you’re colorblind and can’t tell what color it is, that seems odd for such a seemingly defenseless creature.  Maybe it’s related to some kind of frog?  You’ve seen bright frogs before, and they don’t have fur.

Don't touch that thing, you don't know where it's been!

That’s… true.  You’ve heard that brightly colored frogs are actually dangerous, despite how harmless they look.  The prickling in your head makes it hard to remember exactly what made them dangerous, but… maybe this creature is too.  Maybe it was confined in the pot for that reason--its stubby little legs probably meant it wasn’t able to climb out, so it was… trapped.

That actually makes you feel really bad for the thing.  It was trapped in an even tinier cell, inside yours, and now the person who freed it is debating whether she should be afraid of it.  You give it another little poke, watching as it gives another happy little chirping sound and rubs against your finger.  It seems to really like affection, it must have been lonely in there… poor thing.

You pick the creature up, watching as it snuggles happily into your hands, folding its legs underneath it.  The small thing gives a contented little sigh as it relaxes.  It’s way too trusting of you, you just dropped it a minute ago, and it is happy to be held.  Maybe it was someone’s pet?  It can’t possibly be a wild animal, it doesn’t seem like it would survive for even a minute if it had to fend for itself.

You hug it close to you with the crook of your arm as you fish through your pocket for the lockpick.  The little creature wiggles around a little before settling and nuzzling against you, clearly happy to be held.  It’s cute enough to make you smile a little, though you’re still very worried about that monster outside the cell.  You can’t hear its footsteps, at least, so… it probably didn’t hear the pot being dropped, or at least didn’t decide to come back.

also, check to see what else we have in our pockets (depending on how realistic the GM is being, we may need a tensioning wrench to go along with that lockpick.  Also, depending on the type of lock, a skeleton key may have been more appropriate.  …I’ll shut up now before God kills our catgirl.).

Small creature secured in the crook of your arm, you reach through the bars of the door and start fiddling with the lock.  You don’t know how to pick a lock--or, at least, you can’t remember how to through the prickling sensation that’s been clouding your thoughts–but you can give it your best shot.  How hard can it be?

You press the lockpick into the keyhole at the bottom of the padlock, and just kinda… shove it in and out repeatedly, with no real idea what you’re doing.  You can feel the lockpick scratching against the inside of the lock, but it doesn’t really feel like you’re doing anything.  Then again, it probably doesn’t feel like anything until you succeed?  You just try harder, your tail lashing behind you as you grow more stressed.  This has to work.  You’ll definitely figure this out, otherwise you’ll be trapped in this awful cell until you die.

Suddenly, the lock clicks.  And falls off the door.  That… was easy.  You blink a few times, surprised with yourself.  Maybe you actually do know how to pick a lock, and just did it right by instinct?  You can’t imagine it’s normally that easy.

You take a deep breath, give the creature in your arms another little hug--which is rewarded with a happy little chirl--and pull the door back.  It swings inward with a loud creak that makes you wince.  Not wanting to waste time, you peek outside.

You’re in the middle of a long hallway, lit by burning torches.  More cell doors, just like yours, line both walls.  You can’t hear or see any other prisoners, though.  You can’t hear the monster, either.  That should be relieving, but this place creeps you out too much for you to really relax.  You shouldn’t be here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 11:39:34 am by saki »
sincerely,

ih oh

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2022, 11:39:18 am »

Move quietly. Check all the other cells before moving on. Don't go in or delay much, just scan them.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2022, 01:10:04 pm »

((I'd just like to say: The art is gorgeous!))

Explore the dungeon. Carefully.

Also, check the torches. Can they be removed from the sconces?

Not sure if it's a good idea to take one with us right now, or maybe later (before a fight/leaving the dungeon). The torch would sure come useful, but it'll also announce our presence as a moving light source, and we're trying to sneak now. Ideas?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2022, 03:53:42 pm »

sincerely,

ih oh

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2022, 04:35:17 pm »

Is it weird that the thing that impresses me most is all those bricks, perfectly in perspective? That kind of thing is so tedious to do :-X

Not sure if it's a good idea to take one with us right now, or maybe later (before a fight/leaving the dungeon). The torch would sure come useful, but it'll also announce our presence as a moving light source, and we're trying to sneak now. Ideas?

Check the torches, but don't take one right now. It'll be good to know either way.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13