Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 785389 times)

Klendt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #450 on: June 24, 2008, 03:10:53 pm »

The name of this engraving, combined with the engraving itself, caused me to LOL. (Warning: contains HFS spoilers (sorta)!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh lord! Not the beard! Anything but the precious, life-giving beard!
The boundary between healthy curiosity and outright nerdiness blurs yet more...

DarkMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a comfort sash, ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 24, 2008, 03:12:32 pm »

My current Adventure Mode character received the title of 'The Straps of Fondling'.

Hell yeah.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 24, 2008, 09:19:13 pm »

I've been called upon to kill the axelord of 'Drunkenmine.'  I hope I don't get lost.  ;D

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 26, 2008, 02:24:45 pm »

The Fruity Society
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 26, 2008, 03:13:15 pm »

Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 27, 2008, 09:21:31 am »

Asehujiko, your mind is not nearly dirty enough. 

It is, but biting somebody's head off is much cooler in this situation.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 28, 2008, 11:36:50 am »

The Kingdom of Chastity.   How did they survive?

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 28, 2008, 07:44:53 pm »

Wow. Even dwarves themselves have the tradition of killing nobles.

My latest fort is named Nobleroom. The starting group is called The Roof of Shooting.

Now, to find a way to shoot on nobles (preferably with a ballista, of course)...
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Benitosimies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 28, 2008, 09:51:04 pm »

Thine Cutbakes
Something really needs to be done about ice. At the moment it's like some kind of Pitch Black threat where everyone dies at sunset. Feel free to substitute that film reference with one without Vin Diesel.
--Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 29, 2008, 02:18:07 am »

He didn't have a quest for me, just cried on my shoulder for an hour and then threw up.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 02:23:07 am by 1138 »

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 30, 2008, 09:24:37 am »

I had a random adventurer name come up as Griffoncall. I promptly named him Griff Griffoncall (sounds like a pulp hero to me), and he set about with his iron pike to wreak some havoc. I eventually found a drunk and a peasant to act as cannonfodder, and made my way to a goblin fortress just for giggles. I kill a few goblin drunkards and a guard or two just fine. I then get my pike stuck in one of them and he wrenches it away from me. I manage to get back to him and yank it out, knock the other guy unconscious, and [T]ravel out to heal. I then return, start heading north, and get smacked into by about four goblins at once. Somehow, I crawl off and manage to escape in the same way.

Once more, Griff assaults the fortress, this time sneakily ambushing all the way. About the time I get there, I realize that my weapon is missing. I also find one of the gobblers hanging around, and he notices me. As such, I learn how to wrestle first hand and strangle him to death. I keep looking around for my pike, and eventually encounter more baddies, all of whom go down thanks to my newfound martial wrestling might. I check my name, and I got an appropriate title for a pikeman.

'Griff Griffoncall, the Washed Spike of Glee'. If only I'd earned that with the pike and not wrestling moves. Anyway, I finally found my Iron Pike when I was trying to get a whip away from this goblin lasher.

It was stuck in my head. How in the hell that happened, I don't know. I wound up fleeing from the lasher, for the third time, and Griff had to stop and take care of this pike thing. If he yoinked it out and found himself braindead, oh well. Better than going around with a pike stuck in your head. He yoinked it out, and being the tough bloke he was, only bled for two steps. Emboldened, I guided Griff back into the dreaded goblin maw again. Armed with his pike and his new bold wrestling moves, he was ready for anything, right? Right?

Wrong. Goblin Crossbowman. He snuck up to within two tiles of it. Bolt pierced his right hand in the first exchange. There goes the pike. Oh well, wrestling, right? Griff grabbed the crossbow. He supposedly wrenched it away, according to the combat messages. But...

'The flying iron bolt pierces your head!'

Instant death. Griff Griffoncall the Washed Spike of Glee took a gleefully bloodwashed spike (bolt) right upside the head, where he'd only recently yoinked something much, much larger out.

Of course, all of this was in the foulest of goblin lairs; Spineincests, the bastion of The Lush Immorality. Among his victims were Malignedwets, Lightseduced, and Esteemincests. I can only assume the foul creature that shot him in the head was Goblin McBoltincesthead or somesuch.

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 30, 2008, 09:31:49 am »

That is a great story. I love DF, if only because of stories like this.

The goblin probably threw the bolt at you. As for the pike... I wouldn't have a clue.

I once had a really funny desert name, but I can't for the life of me think what it was...
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 30, 2008, 10:05:07 am »

Perhaps he tried to re-enact the ending of Equilibrium and failed miserably.

For those who never watched the movie, it's a 1vs1 gunfight at 2 feet distance where both people try to shoot eachother in the head while punching at the oppnonent's gun to avoid them doing the same.

Video with alot of plot spoilers here for everybody who already saw it or is not planning to do so.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

IAmTheRad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 01, 2008, 01:25:14 am »

Fear:
'The Castle of Burning'

or

In 322, Alnos Creaturesscorches ruled from The Savior of Garlic of the Councils of Burning in Suppersrazors.

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 02, 2008, 08:03:10 am »

He didn't have a quest for me, just cried on my shoulder for an hour and then threw up.

It's funny cause I've been there.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 238