Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 786634 times)

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #2490 on: August 09, 2012, 11:36:29 pm »

I'm new to this forum but I thought I should note my first adventurer here: Galel "Brushpointy"
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

ghjijhg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: August 10, 2012, 10:07:54 pm »

"The exalted pregnancy"

Too bad I killed him.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: August 11, 2012, 12:12:24 am »

A group entitled "The Crazy Fortress"

Yeah, that sounds like it came straight from the Bay 12 Fourms. Too bad I never saw them before bandit archers got my brain.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: August 11, 2012, 02:48:27 am »

I once had an antagonistic goblin civ that kept attacking me.  Their name was "The Greater Torment of Odors" and their symbol was a log.  I hope it was supposed to be wood.  Just to make sure, I burned or melted everything I looted from their corpses.

It would explain why the goblins smelled so bad that even their spilled guts were stinking.

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: August 12, 2012, 10:42:06 am »

Book called: "The History of Goose Leather"
Was it bound in Goose Leather?

No, it was ABOUT a book bound in Goose Leather.
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: August 12, 2012, 11:35:03 pm »

Wait, so it was a book bound in goose leather about a book bound in goose leather about goose leather? I'm so confused.

:D

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: August 13, 2012, 02:09:40 pm »

Been creeping the forum a bit after getting into Dwarf Fortress. This place is just too awesome to not make an account and join in the madness that is Bay12.

Found a temple in Adventure Mode with an engraving of a book. The book was simply titled "Creation: My One Mistake."

Also genned a world with the Fear the Night mod.  One of the first dwarfs was cursed by a god to be a werelizard.  Said dwarf then went on various killing sprees, racking up over 300 total kills as well as over 100 notable kills. Not only that, he became the general to lead an attack on the elves, eventually eradicating them during world gen.  He was still alive after 1000 years.

The best part? This werelizard dwarf, who was one of the very first dwarves in the world, was named "Soggywhiskers."
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: August 13, 2012, 07:31:51 pm »

I went through my Dwarf Fortess .txt file for the first time in a while. I forgot I had so many good (and downright weird) names in there, figured I might as well share some of the ones of collected in my time with DF.

People
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Places

Group names
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:38:01 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: August 14, 2012, 04:50:55 am »

Probably not all that funny but a world I genned had an area known as the Southern Plains, which was actually very for north, in fact the only place it was south of was the tundra in the very north.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: August 14, 2012, 12:00:14 pm »

The Laconic Mob of Dances
They're obviously masters of interpretative dance...and should be purged with holy fire/magma.

Sporemaniac777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: August 17, 2012, 05:50:20 am »

I just found a group called "The Ultimate Whisky-Society"...

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: August 17, 2012, 02:29:44 pm »

After tapping 'r' a few times I got an adventurer named "Bethri Buttercanyon". Great things are in store for this one.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: August 17, 2012, 07:40:58 pm »

Got the random character name of Gilb Manquake. He died by not following the health and safety guildlines when handling horseshoe crabs.

Bird

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Birdbrained.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: August 17, 2012, 08:49:50 pm »

Been lurking around for too long, about time i decided to post.
The best names i have found are usually sites, here are the top three i found in my recent world's legends.

"Skunkrack", A mountain hall.
"StockadeScarred the Hell of Skirts", A cave that appears to be home to many kobold's.
"Engo Sweatspurt The Lustful Lies", a red brute who used to live in the "The Muddy Pits". She is now the law-giver of the cruelty of baiting.

Not as good or funny as most names in the thread, but DF makes some....'Interesting' names sometimes.

Kestrl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: August 18, 2012, 09:16:37 am »

I finally got around to playing adventure mode for the first time in a long time, random name gen gives me a funny name, I take it and run with it, about 30 minutes later I am Urab Stabbedspasms, the polished howl of orbs!

i have around 12 notable kills, all lizard men (one being a named chief)
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 238