Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 785384 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #1275 on: August 09, 2010, 07:45:55 pm »

I had an artifact called "The Rewards of Flushing".   Rewards are always nice right?  Well this artifact was a casket...

Edit:  Just after I posted I remembered this was adventure mode discussion and not dwarf mode, oh well, its still funny
Drop the casket into water and use pumps to flush it away,it is asking for it.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 09, 2010, 10:11:56 pm »

I had an artifact called "The Rewards of Flushing".   Rewards are always nice right?  Well this artifact was a casket...

Edit:  Just after I posted I remembered this was adventure mode discussion and not dwarf mode, oh well, its still funny
This is pretty much our go-to "Funny Names" thread for the game.
It could probably do with a move to DF General Discussion at this point.
Possibly even a sticky, so people quit making so many carbon copy threads for their own funniest name.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1277 on: August 10, 2010, 12:11:05 pm »

Gathiltarnas, acasia crossbow: The sensual slayer

The materials are just acasia and willow and menaces spikes of acasia, but the name is most fitting I've ever had. (for artifact)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 23, 2010, 11:51:13 am »

Utes Oguruslun, "Utes Blackwhiteness" XD

Also, I have a clown of shadow with a very fitting name...

"Deathghost".

I think that name is just awesome XD

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 23, 2010, 12:09:44 pm »

"Petalbust the Crotch of Dripping". No implication of whether that's good or bad dripping, but it's a hell of a name for a girl.

My human was something like 'Owbashastol' and I just shortened it to 'Uzu Bash'.

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 23, 2010, 12:25:15 pm »

"Petalbust the Crotch of Dripping". No implication of whether that's good or bad dripping, but it's a hell of a name for a girl.

Best name ever.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 23, 2010, 03:52:12 pm »

Best name ever.
Such names are earned by fighting, right? I'd imagine it's either a bad kind of dripping, or she's "wrestled" a lot of tentacle demons.... which would still be a rather bad kind of dripping. Ew.

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 23, 2010, 04:01:53 pm »

Best name ever.
Such names are earned by fighting, right? I'd imagine it's either a bad kind of dripping, or she's "wrestled" a lot of tentacle demons.... which would still be a rather bad kind of dripping. Ew.
I didn't knew dwarves were that asian orientated.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 23, 2010, 05:34:19 pm »

In Garnishedshocks, the local rulers are The Coalition of Toast and the religious leaders are The Buttery Creed. All a part of your complete Fruity Confederacies.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 23, 2010, 10:17:34 pm »

"Petalbust" sounds kind of erotic, so I'll say it's good dripping.

In Garnishedshocks, the local rulers are The Coalition of Toast and the religious leaders are The Buttery Creed. All a part of your complete Fruity Confederacies.

Hahaha, I like that a lot!
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 24, 2010, 01:39:31 am »

I know this is adventure mode discussion but i had the best random for my fortress, nation, and group. And sense i couldnt find a topic like this for fortress mode figured i would post it here. I hadn't noticed until my first artifact which relate to the founding of my fortress.  the artifact said.

"The image relate to the founding of TombsMurdered by The Palisade of Murder of the Deified Papers"
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 24, 2010, 04:07:39 pm »

In legends, I found a forgotten beast named "Dorku the Ugly Buttocks". He was a quadruped made of iron with four horns or something.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 24, 2010, 10:14:44 pm »

I found a figurine of an ass monster, still waiting to come across a named instance to make it even funnier.

random guardian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 25, 2010, 05:36:17 pm »

just had to say what happened

urist mc legend: I seek the capital!
warlord: We are in Virginswill
warlord: The Nations of Pregnancy founded the town Virginswill
urist mc legend:  :P  Just tell me what to kill...
You see a youtube comment you dont agree with. As you type out an insult against the users mother a member of your family watches you. Fed up with your addiction to youtube and spouting random swears at people who didnt enjoy your Naruto AMV, the family member grabs your head and rams it into the screen of your computer butchering your face and electricuting you to death.

It's a sad thing that your adventures have ended here!

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 25, 2010, 10:20:24 pm »

The Coven of Loving. I don't know Toady's sense of humor well enough to know whether that's too cheesy to be intentional.

Also, the name 'Testdungeon' managed to get into worldgen. It doesn't appear on the map, but events there are on crafts and in Legends.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 238