Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Assembled Collection of Minor Issues with Steam Release + possible solutions.  (Read 7459 times)

PetMudstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Damned Fool
    • View Profile

Another issue I've had is that stockpiles set to accept any kind of refuse cause clothing and armor in them to rapidly deteriorate. This led to me losing multiple steel sets of armor in my general purpose stockpile, and accounts from friends and from strangers on the steam forum indicate I'm not the only person whose had the misfortune of this occurring to them.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posted in other topic before seeing this one.

The game is really hard to play well at high resolutions, like 4k.  Even with the scaling options set on.  The game does not let you zoom in more than a little, so all of the tiles are still very small for me, the details are hard to see, and text is hard to read.  I was given the advice to change the resolution in game, but this causes something that i can only consider to be a glitch or bug where it just shrinks the fullscreen window to be 1080p, and the rest of the screen is transparent, but you can only move the mouse around in the bounds of the little 1080p screen.

This makes it super difficult to see anything in the actual fort map, but also the embark screen, making it really hard to pick an embark because the details are so tiny. 

This really only leaves the option of maybe fooling around with the actual desktop resolution to lower it, or sitting really close to my TV.  Things I really don't want to do.  I really remember being able to zoom in much further and out much further than in this release.  Its never really been an issue.  Unless the increased zoom was a DF hack function, and is clouding my memory. 

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

-i have a dead dorf and a tomb zone with a coffin (10 even)... and i have the tomb zone set to auto accept dead unassigned corpses... but they dont bury my dead dorf. seems the tomb zone doesnt work for auto assigning dead to coffins in there?

You need a new zone for each coffin right now.

-if i make a craft order to craft 10x wooden bolts, i cant set the condition material to check if there are "ANY wood" bolts... i can just set specific wood types. like checking if you have "100 copper bolts"  works, but it doesnt work for "100 wooden bolts".

Work around has been "plant" bolts. Not sure if "hard plant" works for things than can also be made out of cloth, though at least chests and bags were separated for Steam release.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Another issue I've had is that stockpiles set to accept any kind of refuse cause clothing and armor in them to rapidly deteriorate. This led to me losing multiple steel sets of armor in my general purpose stockpile, and accounts from friends and from strangers on the steam forum indicate I'm not the only person whose had the misfortune of this occurring to them.

This isn't new behavior, is it?  I could've sworn stockpiles set to accept refuse have worked this way since like .34 or whichever version it was that reintroduced the need for clothes.

I guess it's still a usability issue and confusing.  Maybe refuse should be exclusive or there should be a warning indicator.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This isn't new behavior, is it?  I could've sworn stockpiles set to accept refuse have worked this way since like .34 or whichever version it was that reintroduced the need for clothes.

I guess it's still a usability issue and confusing.  Maybe refuse should be exclusive or there should be a warning indicator.
Yeah, there's quite a bit here that has nothing to do with anything 50.0x changed. Like past petition checking for example. Probably a result of the bug tracker being down so no-one can check anything.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile

PageUp and PageDown not working in scrollable pages. Scroll is not that fine if there are 100k entries. It makes legend mode really hard to "play".
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Ok so I just figured out how to keep off-duty soldiers equipped. Dunno if this was posted or not.

Rather unintuitively, it's under their scheduling rather than their equipment settings, and is off by default for the off-duty schedule and off-duty portions of the staggered training schedule. I only figured that out because, at that point at a loss, I took a shot in the dark and checked their schedule stuff instead.

I'd consider it unintuitive because it doesn't really make sense that setting the time for them to do stuff (usually training) should also cover their gear assignments and if they should keep thier gear on-hand or not. That seems more like something that should be under uniform or general equipment settings.

I have yet to figure out how to set up ammo and provision stuff however, so I suspect that's just not a thing anymore right now because it's not under scheduling either.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

There's also a "ready" schedule built-in that keeps them with equipment on off-duty which I saw immediately and thus figured out the rest from and thus didn't even consider that it would be a usability problem during testing, haha, sorry.

Ammo isn't a thing right now, it's no good.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When you mouse-select there needs to be a popup on the side of the selected area that tells you the dimensions of what you're selecting (e.g., 5x10 squares or whatever).

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do soldiers still not wear boots?

dth1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When you have a big pile of things in one spot, instead of having a separate tab for each object you have just one tab will all objects. This is kind of fine, because it would be impossible to display 100 tabs, but the problem with this is that you get only partially interactive list of all objects on the spot. You can click them and open their respective views, but there's no going back to the last place you've been to. That makes reclaiming individual pieces of equipment from dump zone nearly impossible, I'd love to have dump/undump/forbid/unforbid/melt/unmelt visible on that list so that I could click it and scroll over to the next item. Having more than one item on list of 100 becomes a nightmare as you have to click the tile, go through the list until you find an item, click it, reclaim it, close the view, click the tile again, scroll the list to find next item and to the same thing over and over again... impossible when you accidentally dumped you steel armour stockpile or just want to claim some items from the pile of garbage that the siege brought to you.

Another thing kind of similar. There's no way to filter items by their quality/durability/whatever. Do you have 200 dwarfs and they all replaced their used clothes with new ones? Would you like to get rid of the used ones by dumping them into lava? Well, tough luck, looks like you'll have to go through the entire stock and select them one by one from the list of hundreds of clothing items with the painfully slow scroll speed : )

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When you have a big pile of things in one spot, instead of having a separate tab for each object you have just one tab will all objects. This is kind of fine, because it would be impossible to display 100 tabs, but the problem with this is that you get only partially interactive list of all objects on the spot. You can click them and open their respective views, but there's no going back to the last place you've been to. That makes reclaiming individual pieces of equipment from dump zone nearly impossible, I'd love to have dump/undump/forbid/unforbid/melt/unmelt visible on that list so that I could click it and scroll over to the next item. Having more than one item on list of 100 becomes a nightmare as you have to click the tile, go through the list until you find an item, click it, reclaim it, close the view, click the tile again, scroll the list to find next item and to the same thing over and over again... impossible when you accidentally dumped you steel armour stockpile or just want to claim some items from the pile of garbage that the siege brought to you.

Another thing kind of similar. There's no way to filter items by their quality/durability/whatever. Do you have 200 dwarfs and they all replaced their used clothes with new ones? Would you like to get rid of the used ones by dumping them into lava? Well, tough luck, looks like you'll have to go through the entire stock and select them one by one from the list of hundreds of clothing items with the painfully slow scroll speed : )

This is exactly what I came here to post. I was cleaning up after a goblin attack and noticed that there were no forbid/dump/melt options next to items in the giant pile, so it was basically impossible to clean everything up without clicking three times for every item to dump.

That interface already exists in plenty of other places, so it's kind of odd it doesn't exist in the "giant pile of items on this tile" menu.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if it was suggested before

Ability to start new world generation from generation pause and after generation is finished with the same parameters. In case you don't like the world.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

I can't make multi z level burrows by starting and ending selection on different levels. That used to work iirc.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't make multi z level burrows by starting and ending selection on different levels. That used to work iirc.
I just did that. Made my evacuation burrow everything "inside" for 100 z levels. Worked just fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7