Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Gruesome Deaths And Successful Saves  (Read 10001 times)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gruesome Deaths And Successful Saves
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2007, 07:31:00 pm »

A dwarf getting killed by two goblin children   :confused: With arrows stuck in the goblins.
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

TerminatorII

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Adamantine Skeleton]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »

I have a Dwarf Axe man and he is nigh unstoppable. he is as fast sneaking as he is not, and I took on a bronze colossus, and 2 iron men simultaneously and got one finger sprained. :P     Though I need more armor... still only have the standard.

ohh and he's ultra-mighty, nbelievably Agile, and Super Dwarvenly tough.

BTW: Waht does toughness do????

No, I think the cook would be in charge of sugar-coating the cows.

You are a lifesaver! Round and probably in tropical flavors.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2007, 09:58:00 pm »

Toughness improves the chances of you surviving a critical hit and resisting pain /stunning.
Something along those lines.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »

A "play now" adventurer against a modded in tripod anihalator(the ones from c&c3) that spawned right in his face.

Picked up a rock as the first thing i did.

The tripods first action was to send me flying for 20 squares and lob off an entire arm.

My adventurer tossed the rock and it broke one of the tripods feet. After that i just ran away from the slowed creature and continued to pick up rocks and throw them at her.

Tripod statistics:
3 feet, 3 lower legs, 3 upper legs, 1 lower body, 1 upper body, 3 tentacles, 3 heads
very large and alot of blocking
latching gore attack with each foot, and a burn attack with each head.

On a friends computer and still waiting for him to send it to me as well  :(

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »

A "play now" adventurer against a modded in tripod anihalator(the ones from c&c3) that spawned right in his face.

Picked up a rock as the first thing i did.

The tripods first action was to send me flying for 20 squares and lob off an entire arm.

My adventurer tossed the rock and it broke one of the tripods feet. After that i just ran away from the slowed creature and continued to pick up rocks and throw them at her.

Tripod statistics:
3 feet, 3 lower legs, 3 upper legs, 1 lower body, 1 upper body, 3 tentacles, 3 heads
very large and alot of blocking
latching gore attack with each foot, and a burn attack with each head.

On a friends computer and still waiting for him to send it to me as well  :(

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2007, 07:55:00 pm »

Short and sweet.

I started a Play Now! character who started the game naked and unskilled outside one of my fortresses.  She ran into a ratman as soon as she opened the fort's main door, charged into him, and stunned him in one blow.  With her left hand, she gouged out its eyes, blood streaming all over, at the same time as she latched onto its throat with her right hand and choked the !*$% out of it.

Just as the ratman finally gave a death rattle and spasmed loosely under her bloodied hands, two more ratmen and a batman appeared from around the corner in hot pursuit.  She did the smart thing and ran, managing to escape the fortress and travel to civilisation.  Unfortunately, the measly 150¤ she managed to take back with her (a stack of 5 portions of cow cheese from the trade depot, which she cashed in at the grocer) wasn't enough to even buy a rope reed dress.

Feeling disappointed, she decided to wander a bit to improve her experience before going back to the fortress.  In an "evil" wilderness, she was accosted by a harpy -- one grab to the throat and the harpy was as good as dead, as she never stood a chance from that point on.

Stumbling onto a cave in the middle of the forest, she decided to give it a whirl and wandered to the entrance.

As soon as she stepped onto the ramp, a giant rat tore off her head in a single bite.  She didn't even see the rat -- it was at the bottom of the ramp waiting for her.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2007, 04:35:00 pm »

I think this picture explains it all:

Trae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2007, 02:01:00 pm »

That's how it always happens to me.  The only reason I lose is because they gang up on me too fast.  Or I run into a Titan or a Cyclops and they smack me around without taking any damage to themselves.
f it''s broke, fix it.
If it''s not broke, break it.

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2007, 12:06:00 am »

I had made a few "Play Now!" characters just to play in my last fortress. I spent some time making her a legendary thrower so all her stats were up. I managed to find my armoury and all the iron and steel things I had made. I shoved them all into some barrels and carried them around in one arm. I even grabbed a limestone table and a moonstone throne just for good measure (No image of a flaming, sword-wielding, dragon-striding warrior-king beats the image of my She-Muscle standing about in the corridors with a barrel full of swords, maces, scimitars, battle axes, and crossbows under one arm and a dark, moonstone dining setting in the other!  :D).

Once I realised my human couldn't equip any of the small, dwarven armour I had laid out, she set off for the Barracks and Nobles quarters on the other side of the main hall. I had just snuck into the main courtyard when a naked mole dog appeared. After throwing a few of my weapons, tables and chests, that and the mole dog's friends went down easily. I crept up to retrieve my armoury again and, before I'm ready, a Giant Bat appeared through a nearby door...

The spinning small Schist rock strikes The giant bat in the right front leg!
It is bruised!
The giant bat bites You in the head!
It is torn!
The giant bat latches on firmly!
The spinning small Flint rock strikes The giant bat in the left rear leg!
It is battered!
The giant bat charges at You!
The giant bat pushes You in the lower body!
It is bruised!
The giant bat collides with You!
You are knocked over and tumble backward!
It is badly ripped!
You have been knocked unconscious!
Your brain has been broken!
The giant bat latches on firmly to Your throat!
You lose hold of the small Flint rock.
You lose hold of the small Flint rock.
The giant bat shakes You around by the throat!
Your throat has been torn out!
It is mangled!
The giant bat latches on firmly!
The giant bat shakes You around by the head!
It is torn apart!
You have been struck down.

I died, simply because as a Legendary Thrower I chose to throw one of my last few weapons at the *flying* bat's foot!!

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2007, 04:25:00 am »

Got ambushed by a polar bear on an iceburg, killed the bear in one hit(Legendary axedwarf) And drowned because the iceburg melted

In another one I was in one of my fortresses that got to the pits and went down to kill some demons and such, killed about 7 demons then ran out of water and such and needed to get out so I start heading out of the cave, only injury I have is a missing finger and bruised my left arm. So when I get to the other side of the chasm and a ways up a troll comes over hits me and propels me into the chasm in one charge

Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »

I had a Human Swordswoman who went off on a quest to an Undead Ruin. Didn't think there'd be too much risk, as I've had hero's manage these ruins fine before.

Well, the battle started out well enough, with my hero killing any Undead that came near and it didn't seem like there was going to be much risk at all.

Then it went bad... she was closer to the ruin and still fighting off the enemies, but there was more of them and she wasn't actually killing them now. Didn't have time. Lop a leg off one... knock down another... have a good slash at a third... but no kills.

Well, the enemies were piling up and it was looking like a lost fight so she tried to run away... but they were grabbing various parts of her and she couldn't wrestle free. They pulled her down and she was still fighting them off, but they were piling up and then they started spraining her ankle... then they broke it and sprained the other... then one of her knee's got broken... they slowly moved up her body and as a last chance attempt at getting away I tried throwing the sword at them... hit a Zombie but didn't really do anything. They carried on moving upwards and I think she passed out round about the point where they were breaking her hips.

They still took ages to kill her, but she did die eventually from bloodloss.

Is it me or do Undead seem to be the cruelest enemies in the game? They always seem to fight and kill by slowly breaking limbs until the person bleeds to death.

Aribar Hunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2007, 06:07:00 am »

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:28:55 pm by Aribar Hunter »

Dedas

• Bay Watcher
  • The dwarf next door
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2007, 10:06:00 am »

Although my character survived unharmed I still want to share this with you as I thought it was hilarious.

The event happened after I and a Bowman (who ran out of arrows) got personal with a Skeletal Pikemaster who earlier pierced the heart of both my accompanying swordsmen. In the fierce battle that transpired the skeleton started to loose his limbs very rapidly and soon only had his head, upper body, and lower body left. "Now we have you", I thought. But boy, was I wrong or what:

Think Monty Python's Black Knight.

The Skeletal Pikemaster (with no legs or arms) bites The Bowman in the left lower leg!
It is torn!
The Skeletal Pikemaster latches on firmly!
The Bowman is knocked over!
The Skeleton bites The Bowman in the upper body!
The Bowman's heart has been pierced!
The Bowman gives into pain.
Sporro Quehgirus, Bowman has bled to death.
You hack at The Skeletal Pikemaster in the head with your iron scimitar!
The head flies off in an arc!
The Skeleton is knocked over!
The Skeleton has been struck down.

PvK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2007, 06:11:00 pm »

I just noticed the game seems to log everything that ever happens from version to version... nice!

I think it was my first game, and like many of you, I innocently chose the "Play Now" (known to veterans as "nude adventurer mode"), and so my completely unequipped human started out in the wilderness, with nothing, no skills, and surrounded by lions:

*** STARTING NEW GAME ***
** Starting Adventurer **
You have nothing to examine.
The lion bites You in the right upper leg!
It is badly ripped!
Your right hip has been badly sprained!
The lion latches on firmly!
You are unable to break the grip of The lion's head on Your right upper leg!
The lion shakes You around by the right upper leg!
It is broken!
You fall over.
You break the grip of The lion's head from Your right upper leg!
The lion bites You in the upper body!
It is torn!
Your liver has been badly torn!
You breaks the grip of The lion's head on Your upper body.
The lion bites You in the lower body!
It is torn!
Your spleen has been badly torn!
The lion shakes You around by the lower body!
A chunk is torn away!
The lion spits out the human Chunk.
The lion bites You in the right lower leg!
It is badly ripped!
Your right knee has been broken!
You breaks the grip of The lion's head on Your right lower leg.
The lion bites You in the left hand!
It is badly ripped!
The lion bites You in the right hand!
It is badly ripped!
Your right wrist has been broken!
You give into pain.
The lion shakes You around by the left hand!
It is broken!
The lion shakes You around by the right hand!
A chunk is torn away!
It is badly ripped!
The lion shakes You around by the left hand!
A chunk is torn away!
The lion lets the human Chunk drop away as He attacks.
The lion bites You in the right hand!
It is mangled!
The lion shakes You around by the lower body!
A chunk is torn away!
The lion bites You in the left lower leg!
It is badly ripped!
The lion shakes You around by the right hand!
The right hand is ripped away and remains in The lion's mouth!
The lion spits out the Edri Suthromater's right hand.
The lower body flies off in a bloody arc!
You have been struck down.

[ May 10, 2007: Message edited by: PvK ]

Andrelius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2007, 01:03:00 am »

I wanted to train some adventurers before exploring my old fortress, so my first was a Proficient swordsman.

I gathered up some swords men (and a drunk for comic relief (which sadly, never did anything funny)). The mayor reported a troublesome minotaur we should slay. Turns out the minotaur lives like, three to four towns away. How could the mayor consider it a problem? Oh well, do what he says.

The forest between the town and the cave were lush, and a healthy forest means healthy monsters. A pack of wolves, led by a one called Syrupsteel, ambushed us. Casualties were light, and we went on our way.

We found the place, and finding that upsidedown triangle took one day. We entered during the night, descending the creaking steps of the Dark-Portal Cave. It was very dark, and the poor drunk got disconnected with the group. We had to save him, but I hesitated due to the minotaur's messages of ownage. We left the cave, drunkless.

The next day, I replaced the drunk with a much more experienced swordsman. We were 4, and easily decapitated a ratman that came in our way. We descended the same steps, memories of the drunk's screams echoing. Majority of the dark cave was explored, before I spotted an ominous blood trail. I followed it and hit a dead end, with a dismembered arm on the floor. My group was far behind. I started looking for them, but I was informed of their fate by the sounds of minotaur ownage. I entered the wide room across the corridor with a dead end, and it was decorated with messy gore. I took another step forward, and the minotaur emerged from the darkness.

"I am Cish Ringloved!" he proudly shouted. He also muttered some things I forgot, about slayer of humans or something.

I fearlessly charged forward, firmly gripping my sword. Before he could even strike, I impaled him through the chest. He walked back slowly, surprised by his sudden defeat. The sword was still in his heart, as I failed to pull it out. He fell back with a thud, defeated by a single strike.

Of course, I exaggerated these accounts for the sake of my swordsman, who did stab him in the chest and kill him in one hit, but the minotaur was severely injured during the previous battle.

He retired, traumatized by the violent (and smashing) death of his comrades.

He was recruited by a later adventurer, and they both ventured to the ol' Flysteel, the great halls with prosperous cave farms. The foolish adventurer who had recruited him pulled the wrong levers at the wrong time, and they both unfortunately drowned in the irrigation systems of Flysteel.

[ May 15, 2007: Message edited by: Andrelius ]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14