Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Work order improvements: Suppress notices, groups, smelt any only-iron ore  (Read 230 times)

Hexicube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Work orders are great for hands-off processing, but it could do with some improvements:
  • A toggle to suppress completion of a work order - I don't need to know my process 1 limonite ore is done for the 20th time
  • A toggle to let a work order check activation even if it's already active and deactivate if needed - I don't need to know that I don't have limonite order because the last piece became inaccessible
  • Related to the above, a toggle to remove existing jobs on workshops if the work order is deactivated - I want to prevent using my last piece of coke on ore
  • Work orders for smelting ore groups that have the same output, such as all iron ores, similar to gem cutting - Magnetite and hematite are effectively identical, and limonite isn't far off

Semi-related: An option for infinitely repeating jobs on workshops to not remove it if there's an issue, such as perpetually processing lignite, so that it doesn't need to be a work order.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Work order improvements: Suppress notices, groups, smelt any only-iron ore
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 02:21:16 pm »

Semi-related: An option for infinitely repeating jobs on workshops to not remove it if there's an issue, such as perpetually processing lignite, so that it doesn't need to be a work order.

I could've sworn Toady said he was going to change this for the Steam release so they'd just suspend, though I might be misremembering. Automatically restarting would be a bonus.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?