Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Favorite weapon?  (Read 3592 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite weapon?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 01:54:00 am »

I love using swords. Usualy when I start an adventurer I go to the armor store and steal the best stuff and go on a rampage to the sword shop and take every single sword. I use the best sword as a weapon and use the others for throwing. When I get ambushed by wolves I wait till they get close and start sword throwing... Usualy I can inleast slow them all down if I have enough swords.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 02:25:00 am »

I usually use swords for limb lopping awesome, but it's so satisfying to bust out the hammer and send your enemies flying.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 03:02:00 am »

I weapons all seem a bit monotonous for me lately, so I'm using wrestling. Only. The weapons just make a good finisher/opener if I want to overkill/cheat.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 03:18:00 am »

Hi!

I have played only a little in adventure mode. I started with a female swordsman but once she was quite good with the sword, I tried out a warhammer.

Now, I am back to the sword (or rather scimitar, still the one she started with), because I like all the stuff flying around. And among the useless kills (those without even a loincloth, for crying out loud), I have become to love antmen. So much stuff flying around :) :) :) :) :)

So, swords it is for me. (Not thrown, of course, but rather used for hacking and slicing)

Deathworks

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 03:26:00 am »

Not a weapon, but I always liked being a wrestler and picking up whatever I could find in a pinch. A rock, that last goblin's pants, a silk shoe or even the weapon the guard just had.

Sort of like improvising as I go along.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 04:18:00 am »

Wrestling is all well and fine, but there's just something satisfying about smashing someone so hard with your hammer that they're sent flying back into a wall, causing them to explode in a shower of bodyparts.

And if you use swords for hacking pieces off, why not use an axe?  They're better at it.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 04:47:00 am »

What I do is make one 'Adventuring world.' I start a fortress on it, with modded reactions and items and whatnot that let me mass produce iron and steel weapons and armor like mad. Meanwhile, I make a 'training chamber' for swimming, that lets mah dude pull three levers to let water in at a fast, medium, or snail-slow rate.

I then start all adventurers in the same town next to the fort, and immediately arm them with X1 Steel spike, X4 iron spear, and extra armor. Also booze and plump helmets to supplement my Xbear meatX.

I love spears, I love pikes...And throwing spears isn't as exploit-y either.

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 04:46:00 pm »

I prefer wielding swords, I usually keep extras for throwing too.

If I make an adventurer storage house I typically stock it with large serrated disk blades for throwing instead.  They kinda make sense for throwing and are strong even if all ya have handy is glass.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

Spear. STAB Heart pierced, lungs pierced. STAB heart pierced again, lungs pierced again. STAB hear-target has bled to death.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

Halberd. No question there. One of my adventurers once hit a mayor so hard, it clove his upper body asunder and propelled him into the wall where he exploded in a gory mess.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
[QB]Wrestling is all well and fine, but there's just something satisfying about smashing someone so hard with your hammer that they're sent flying back into a wall, causing them to explode in a shower of bodyparts.
QB]

Its even more satisfying if your adventurer is so strong he does that almost every time with his swords.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

grelphy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 11:55:00 pm »

Whips all the way. Somehow the idea of shredding the mayor with an *iron whip* is just irresistible.

Plus, they cause lots and lots of pain and at high levels are just as deadly as any other weapon.

Though one has to wonder how hearts get pierced by a whip...

Given the general shape of coins and what most people seem to find the minted variety useful for: "Rounds".

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 03:53:00 am »

I prefer to play either spearmen or wrestlers. Spears make nice criticals, and wrestling with the MA mod is plain fun.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 04:08:00 am »

I use axes or mauls.  Axes for lots and lots of lopping off and blood, mauls for turning goblins into fireworks.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Aegis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 04:33:00 am »

I like axes. They're a cross between a hammer AND a sword. SWAAAAAMER!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4